• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago’s record for coldest temperature ever could fall

Chicago is in the minus teens this week. Guess what that proves?

#GLOBAL WARMING
If Chicago's temperature was int the 70's right now , what do you think the usual suspects would say is causing that?
#GLOBAL WARMING

Neat trick huh?

An inauspicious start to what I'm sure will end up as one of "THE HOTTEST YEARS ON RECORD!!! [emoji33]"

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'm tired of meteorologists and the media industry playing fast and loose with ambient temp and wind chill to create a muddled picture where people can't tell one from the other. They are two dissimilar things. Wind chill is meaningless outside of your Aunt Betty's behind, so there's no such thing as a "record low wind chill", only record low ambient temperatures.

Yes, wind chill can be measured using exacting scientific methods but in the end it still translates to Aunt Betty's ass.
The surface of your F150 pickup couldn't care less what the wind chill is, but the antifreeze in the engine cares a great deal about the ambient temperature, so it would "really be great" if they would give the proper emphasis to the ambient temps, and then drop a reference to the wind chill readings as a secondary measure...because that's what wind chill is.

I'm tired of meteorologists and the media industry playing fast and loose with ambient temp and wind chill to create a muddled picture where people can't tell one from the other. They are two dissimilar things. Wind chill is meaningless outside of your Aunt Betty's behind, so there's no such thing as a "record low wind chill", only record low ambient temperatures.

Yes, wind chill can be measured using exacting scientific methods but in the end it still translates to Aunt Betty's ass.
The surface of your F150 pickup couldn't care less what the wind chill is, but the antifreeze in the engine cares a great deal about the ambient temperature, so it would "really be great" if they would give the proper emphasis to the ambient temps, and then drop a reference to the wind chill readings as a secondary measure...because that's what wind chill is.

On the Canadian prarrie when minus 50 c is possible, you learn your first winter that wind chill IS important...to exposed skin! That's it. Oh and it usually means the cattle hides will be furrier the following year.

This is why I left television news. The dolt, or dolts reading the teleprompter can tell you all about hair spray and make up but has not one fig of an idea what "ambient" means...and doesn't care so long as his/her is in place and no one ran the prompter too fast and no big words.

Today televisions are on all day long, they have to find new and creative ideas on how to make everything sound like the world is ending, film at eleven.

No one really wants to hear about the fact 227 jet plans landed safely at Vancouver international yesterday, they want blood! Even a close call only deserves a v-bite V/O.

If it bleeds, it leads. If it's about money it's segement two, unless more than a few thousand are being laid off, and if it's "talking head" get a talking head to say the opposite.

Here's the result. The parliament can pass a budget of enormous proportions but still withing an acceptable range...that story will affect every human being AND the climate of the entire province. But, if we have a crashed helicopter and some near naked bodies that money story may never run as those flaming visuals are going to be re-cycled throughout the story's "lifetime", including the hearings, trials etc.

This is why my letter of resignation read"

To whom it may concern;

Television news is an oxymoron.

Good bye and good luck.

LOL Where doe the soot come from? We need to ban diesel engines, coal plants and oil refineries? That sounds so very different from the consensus of scientists.:lol:

https://www.momscleanairforce.org/soot-facts/

Exactly.

If you have actually read my posts of the past, instead of your knee-jerk reactions to them, you would see that I am consistent in saying CO2 is not the problem. Aerosols from the same processes that creates the CO2 is the problem. We can easily eliminate the aerosols from many of these processes without excessive expense.

Last edited:
I was thinking of the old saying "it's colder than a woman's heart" - just the appearance of Hillary send shivers down my spine and causes testicular hibernation.

Yes, I agree. She is one cold bitch that actually might be colder than the hot air she expels... A correction of my statement might be in order.

Yes. The secret cause that only you know.

The effects of soot are well documented. Just ignored at the same time, since it doesn't fit the narrative.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-cold-weather-20190127-story.html

The lows Tuesday and Wednesday could break records set in 1966. They’ll also feel much worse with wind gusts up to 30 mph, which will make it feel as low as negative 50 degrees, according to the weather service.

Whew boy this isn't supposed to be happening!

Yup, that's about what I'm experiencing in South Central WI right now... It's friggin' cold!!!! It's supposed to get down to around -30°F [not including wind chill] tonight and into tomorrow morning, but by this weekend we're supposed to reach highs into the 40s for a few days... So yeah, that's (give or take) a 70°F swing in temperature in less than 60 hours time...

That's even better than the explanation I posted. It has pictures, for those like Trump who won't read anything.

:wink2:

Thing is, this is a natural cycle that has happened before we starting adding CO2 to the air, and will continue and continue, with or without added CO2.

Yup, that's about what I'm experiencing in South Central WI right now... It's friggin' cold!!!! It's supposed to get down to around -30°F [not including wind chill] tonight and into tomorrow morning, but by this weekend we're supposed to reach highs into the 40s for a few days... So yeah, that's (give or take) a 70°F swing in temperature in less than 60 hours time...
Record highs ...record lows....and now record swings in temp.

You know why right? GLOBAL WARMING!!

#LAFFRIOT

Record highs ...record lows....and now record swings in temp.

You know why right? GLOBAL WARMING!!

#LAFFRIOT

Oh, of course! ;) Obviously it is caused by a circularly-defined buzzword religion!!! ;)

Plus, the EXTREMELY intelligent Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez says that we're all doomed in 12 years if we don't take immediate action, so that makes for even more reason not to believe in the global warming religion (if there weren't already a thousand other reasons)...

The effects of soot are well documented. Just ignored at the same time, since it doesn't fit the narrative.

Yes. Only you know that it’s the real issue.

All those scientists ignore it.

Delusions of grandeur. [emoji849]

Yes. Only you know that it’s the real issue.

All those scientists ignore it.

Delusions of grandeur. [emoji849]

No, it just doesn't help them retain their grant money funding if they flaunt inconvenient facts outside of what the grant pays to see.

No, it just doesn't help them retain their grant money funding if they flaunt inconvenient facts outside of what the grant pays to see.

Sure.

And you’re the only guy who can see their error.

Totally makes sense.

The entire worldwide scientific community could learn so much from you if you only.... actually went to college.

Back
Top Bottom