• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chaya Raichik: The Hollow Mind Behind the Curtain

TheGoverness

Little Miss Sunshine
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I watched this video yesterday, and it's honestly one of the most fascinating things I've seen in a while. For those who don't know, Chaya Raichik is the owner of the LibsofTikTok accounts, her most notorious being her Twitter and TikTok accounts (though her TikTok has since been banned). This is an interview conducted by Taylor Lorenz, a Washington Post columnist. I'm pointing this out because it's relevant to why she's the interviewee: Taylor is the one responsible for exposing the public identity of Raichik (who, let's not forget, has a history of doxing individuals, in her attempts to defame people using her previous anonymity). Taylor received death threats because of it, and if you'll look at the shirt Chaya is wearing, that's Taylor herself in an interview that she did on her own, discussing the death threats she received.

So why do I find this interview fascinating? Chaya lays bare here how much she clearly has not thought critically about anything she supposedly believes She seems to not have any original thoughts of her own and can't even make a cohesive argument to defend the arguments that she tries to push. It's as if she operates upon feelings rather than anything with solid backing, which is hilarious to me, considering how she acts utilizing her LibsofTikTok account(s). I won't mince my words here: she's truly a grifting moron. And a moron with the charisma of a robot, for as much as she spews nonsense on her Twitter account. She's too stupid for how arrogant she acts throughout this interview. It's mind-boggling how someone can have so much hatred of something they know absolutely nothing about.

Taylor holds her to her words, and Chaya fumbles her defensive responses every single time. Not to mention she lies constantly through this interview, like how "COVID didn't allow me to leave my house", or making completely contradictory statements like, "I don't want to ban books, I didn't say that", then saying, "I want to remove books I don't like from the public library". In one specific instance, Chaya herself defends lying about calling a mass shooter transgender (I believe the mass shooting that occurred in Tennessee), for the purposes of adding to more hatred of the trans community, which she refuses to take down from her Twitter because "there's a community notes", and justifying it by saying "is there a law against lying?" and "the media does it too, so I should be able to as well", which I think pretty much gets to the heart of the matter here. She lies constantly, misrepresents studies, and her audience eats it up like candy because it justifies their worldview; corrections to her misleading and false statements are irrelevant to them, because the second they see it, they'll believe it, and that's the end of the matter. Chaya also leans into stuff like the "Great Replacement Theory", which I'm definitely sure she didn't think about for more than five seconds, if she thinks that she, an Orthodox Jew, would somehow be spared from a white nationalist uprising.

What's hilarious to me, is I found out this was recorded by Chaya's cameraman, so both Chaya and him took a look at this and said, "yeah, this makes me look good".

Last edited:
She really seemed like a clueless tool.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's just getting paid to be the face of it, and someone is feeding her the content to post.

I watched this video yesterday, and it's honestly one of the most fascinating things I've seen in a while. For those who don't know, Chaya Raichik is the owner of the LibsofTikTok accounts, her most notorious being her Twitter and TikTok accounts (though her TikTok has since been banned). This is an interview conducted by Taylor Lorenz, a Washington Post columnist. I'm pointing this out because it's relevant to why she's the interviewee: Taylor is the one responsible for exposing the public identity of Raichik (who, let's not forget, has a history of doxing individuals, in her attempts to defame people using her previous anonymity). Taylor received death threats because of it, and if you'll look at the shirt Chaya is wearing, that's Taylor herself in an interview that she did on her own, discussing the death threats she received.

So why do I find this interview fascinating? Chaya lays bare here how much she clearly has not thought critically about anything she supposedly believes She seems to not have any original thoughts of her own and can't even make a cohesive argument to defend the arguments that she tries to push. It's as if she operates upon feelings rather than anything with solid backing, which is hilarious to me, considering how she acts utilizing her LibsofTikTok account(s). I won't mince my words here: she's truly a grifting moron. And a moron with the charisma of a robot, for as much as she spews nonsense on her Twitter account. She's too stupid for how arrogant she acts throughout this interview. It's mind-boggling how someone can have so much hatred of something they know absolutely nothing about.

Taylor holds her to her words, and Chaya fumbles her defensive responses every single time. Not to mention she lies constantly through this interview, like how "COVID didn't allow me to leave my house", or making completely contradictory statements like, "I don't want to ban books, I didn't say that", then saying, "I want to remove books I don't like from the public library". In one specific instance, Chaya herself defends lying about calling a mass shooter transgender (I believe the mass shooting that occurred in Tennessee), for the purposes of adding to more hatred of the trans community, which she refuses to take down from her Twitter because "there's a community notes", and justifying it by saying "is there a law against lying?" and "the media does it too, so I should be able to as well", which I think pretty much gets to the heart of the matter here. She lies constantly, misrepresents studies, and her audience eats it up like candy because it justifies their worldview; corrections to her misleading and false statements are irrelevant to them, because the second they see it, they'll believe it, and that's the end of the matter. Chaya also leans into stuff like the "Great Replacement Theory", which I'm definitely sure she didn't think about for more than five seconds, if she thinks that she, an Orthodox Jew, would somehow be spared from a white nationalist uprising.

What's hilarious to me, is I found out this was recorded by Chaya's cameraman, so both Chaya and him took a look at this and said, "yeah, this makes me look good".

Not sure why anyone would want to listen to this person. Or follow Libs of Tick Tok. She sounds like a complete airhead to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's just getting paid to be the face of it, and someone is feeding her the content to post.
My guess is she is just a useful idiot. Most people can be convinced to fight a war of your choosing for free if you can curate the information they consume in order to stoke their fears with carefully selected horror stories, and massage their egos by implying that the reason everyone else finds them foolish is because they are far more intelligent than average and are at the forefront of saving the country from the evils of "everyone else."

It's an interesting aspect of human psychology. We are wired to be distrustful of strangers, and 99.9999% of people on the planet are strangers to each one of us. Like all of our survival impulses, this impulse to distrust those we don't know can be amplified and exploited quite easily. We are all primed for this sort of trust exploitation, in the same sense that we are primed for exploitation to cheat on our significant others with attractive and charismatic people, and to overeat delicious food.

She's too stupid for how arrogant she acts throughout this interview. It's mind-boggling how someone can have so much hatred of something they know absolutely nothing about.
Both those things (arrogance and stupidity, ignorance and hate) tend to go hand in hand imo. Arrogant people are often stupid but confident. She doesn't understand trans or gay people and she doesn't want to. She thinks they are gross and that's all she needs to understand.

Taylor holds her to her words, and Chaya fumbles her defensive responses every single time.
What do you mean? Showing someone a picture of a blow job isn't a good universal counter argument? Damn, no wonder I always lose debates.

My guess is she is just a useful idiot. Most people can be convinced to fight a war of your choosing for free if you can curate the information they consume in order to stoke their fears with carefully selected horror stories, and massage their egos by implying that the reason everyone else finds them foolish is because they are far more intelligent than average and are at the forefront of saving the country from the evils of "everyone else."

It's an interesting aspect of human psychology. We are wired to be distrustful of strangers, and 99.9999% of people on the planet are strangers to each one of us. Like all of our survival impulses, this impulse to distrust those we don't know can be amplified and exploited quite easily. We are all primed for this sort of trust exploitation, in the same sense that we are primed for exploitation to cheat on our significant others with attractive and charismatic people, and to overeat delicious food.
Well, you had me with you there until the last sentence. The dynamics of being attracted to people, and to overeat food, are quite different than the dynamics involved in your earlier observations - which I find to be essentially correct.

Well, you had me with you there until the last sentence. The dynamics of being attracted to people, and to overeat food, are quite different than the dynamics involved in your earlier observations - which I find to be essentially correct.
The dynamics are different certainly, but the source is one and the same: They stem from our innate biological survival instincts. They are impulses that can be difficult to control. These impulses superficially accomplish different things on the surface, but the purpose of their evolution and the reason these impulses exist at all is singular: Survival and propagation of the species. How well we control these impulses seems to be directly related to how much damage we do to ourselves and to the people around us.

Last edited:
The dynamics are different certainly, but the source is one and the same: They stem from our innate biological survival instincts. They are impulses that can be difficult to control. These impulses superficially accomplish different things on the surface, but the purpose of their evolution and the reason these impulses exist at all is singular: Survival and propagation of the species. How well we control these impulses seems to be directly related to how much damage we do to ourselves and to the people around us.
I appreciate the well reasoned argument, but I nevertheless still disagree.

Both the sex drive and the food drive arise in the hypothalamus region of the brain, deal directly with our survival, and can't be "reasoned away" when we are horny or hungry. But the inclination to trust or fear is entirely different, and totally modified by life's interactions. One might just as easily learn that our survival depends on others, as it is to learn that our survival is threatened by others.

Conversely, I can never learn to not be horny or hungry.

😋

If Chaya claims to be an orthodox Jew, then she is on the wrong side of the issue.

Orthodoxy and Transgender Jews​

The question of transgender Jews entails issues of gender identity and body rather than sex and relationships and so presents a different set of challenges for Orthodoxy. Many of the hallmarks of transgender identity — cross-dressing, hormonal treatments, sex reassignment surgery — run afoul of halachic prohibitions. Rabbi Eliezer Waldenberg, who died in 2006, famously ruled that, for ritual purposes, a person’s gender is determined by his or her anatomy. Others have suggested that the intense psychic pain that can accompany gender dysphoria may override traditional prohibitions on castration and cross-dressing.

READ: Even Orthodox Jews Starting to Wrestle With Transgender Issues

But most Orthodox rabbis believe gender is unchangeable as a matter of Jewish law and is fixed at birth. A number of Orthodox synagogues permit transgender Jews to sit in the gendered section of the synagogue of their choosing.
I had a Jewish therapist and we discussed this at length. Reform Jews are very LGBT positive.

I appreciate the well reasoned argument, but I nevertheless still disagree.

Both the sex drive and the food drive arise in the hypothalamus region of the brain, deal directly with our survival, and can't be "reasoned away" when we are horny or hungry. But the inclination to trust or fear is entirely different, and totally modified by life's interactions. One might just as easily learn that our survival depends on others, as it is to learn that our survival is threatened by others.

Conversely, I can never learn to not be horny or hungry.

😋
Fair enough. But they are all still impulses stemming from survival instincts. We can learn not to react to them in an unproductive way, but we can also feed into them and allow them to rule our lives just as easily. Easier, in fact, I would say. Thinking critically about our impulses and whether or not they serve us is more difficult than blindly surrendering to them. Sometimes even when there are negative consequences to the latter, as children, adolescents, and to a lesser extent young adults and unusually impulsive older adults tend to often show.

That is what people like the woman in the OP are doing. They experience a basic instinctive human impulse, fear of the unknown in this case, and they feed it, rather than thinking critically about it. They consume horror stories that reinforce this fear, and they magnify it in their minds until they become absolutely irrational and convinced of a narrative that is built on an illusion. It is these people that are especially vulnerable to propaganda and vulnerable to having outside control exerted over them by a third party capable of curating the information they receive, thereby tapping into their fears. That is how cults work.

It is these people that are especially vulnerable to propaganda and vulnerable to having outside control exerted over them by a third party capable of curating the information they receive, thereby tapping into their fears. That is how cults work.
I don't disagree with your premise.

My guess is she is just a useful idiot.

Once a lock on power is achieved we know what happens to the useful idiots.
History has numerous examples all of which resemble this:

Dig the Hole MAGA 2.jpg

She's a performance artist, an interview with a real reporter is often hard for these kind of people. Because they often do not have answers, do not really believe in the things they say, and change their positions quickly if something becomes more or less popular.

Back
Top Bottom