• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charlie Rose accused by 8 women

Winchester

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
We're going to need a new subforum before this is over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...e-450pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.300a7d57a1a7

article said:
Eight women have told The Washington Post that longtime television host Charlie Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas.

The women were employees or aspired to work for Rose at the “Charlie Rose” show from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011. They ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged encounters. Rose, 75, whose show airs on PBS, also co-hosts “CBS This Morning” and is a contributing correspondent for “60 Minutes.”

There are striking commonalities in the accounts of the women, each of whom described their interactions with Rose in multiple interviews with The Post. For all of the women, reporters interviewed friends, colleagues or family members who said the women had confided in them about aspects of the incidents. Three of the eight spoke on the record.

Other links in case you don't have access to the WaPo one.

Charlie Rose sexual harassment - Business Insider

Charlie Rose Accused By 8 Women Of ‘Unwanted Sexual Advances’: Report | Deadline

I'm no longer surprised by any of this. It's got to be rampant in these types of industries.

Also, per Charlie:

Charlie said:
“It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken.

Sounds like another half assed apology and he's only sorry because he publically got called out on his BS.

Not surprised...I always thought he was a dirty old man who shoulda retired a long time ago...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...e-450pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.300a7d57a1a7

Charlie Rose Accused By 8 Women Of ‘Unwanted Sexual Advances’: Report | Deadline

I'm no longer surprised by any of this. It's got to be rampant in these types of industries.

Has been since women started in the workforce.

It's the newest fashionable thing to do.

Gosh before the suspension of Glenn Thrush at the NYT over several females making accusations of sexual misconduct was even reported on most networks, out pops new allegations against Charlie Rose.

...And Brian Williams was there for all eight events.

It appears assaulting women is the norm in the USA. I laugh at the "now that I'm caught I deeply regret my actions" apologies. Maybe if women could muster up the guts to report it when it happens the lists of victims would not be a list at all. When women get harassed and don't report it they are s guilty as the person that did it. They have no regard for other women that will be his victims in the future so I have not sympathy for them as they also belong in jail. Remember, "If you see something. say something?"

You ain't kidding. :shock:

Appears women have had enough, and more and more women will come forwards. My hat is off to them for the courage that takes.
Sub forum, possible as BN will start to fill up.

Also, per Charlie:

Sounds like another half assed apology and he's only sorry because he publically got called out on his BS.

All kinds of common flirting and playing has now been reclassed as abuse by the feminists, and a whole lot of men are being beaten as a result.

SAD

called her to his hotel room where he emerged from a shower naked.

What a weirdo, showering naked!

Sorry, it's not funny, but I couldn't help it.

called her to his hotel room where he emerged from a shower naked.

What a weirdo, showering naked!

Sorry, it's not funny, but I couldn't help it.

When was this? He's a 75 year old man...euuuwwwww...

When women get harassed and don't report it they are s guilty as the person that did it.
Well maybe in some cases, but in others one might consider the circumstances more carefully. We are led to believe women who are seeking employment tend to be victimized by men who have the power to offer them a job, if she succumbs and gets the job, should she have to forfeit the work to disclose the circumstances in which she was hired? Or would it be fair to require the retention of some really attractive woman once it was known she only got the job because she endured her employer's overtures?

I get the impression there is a lot of exaggeration going on, not every leering look has to be a sexual assault, some of the scenarios described seem rather strange, the profusion of accusations causes the impression this is all that happens with women in the workplace, that they're just there to satisfy the incredible libido of male employers.

There are many quotes from Rose defending Bill Clinton and hammering Trump.

It appears assaulting women is the norm in the USA. I laugh at the "now that I'm caught I deeply regret my actions" apologies. Maybe if women could muster up the guts to report it when it happens the lists of victims would not be a list at all. When women get harassed and don't report it they are s guilty as the person that did it. They have no regard for other women that will be his victims in the future so I have not sympathy for them as they also belong in jail. Remember, "If you see something. say something?"

No they don't belong in jail. Yes, those who have a problem with somebody should speak up at the time, but it simply has not always been that easy.

In the previous generation, rape and aggravated assault was of course illegal, but sexual harassment as it is now defined was considered ugly and creepy but was not considered all that incriminating. Smart professional women talked about it among themselves at the water cooler and over lunch, but other than alerting at least the women they liked to avoid being alone with this guy or that guy, they kept their mouths shut. To be branded a trouble maker or getting blackballed because you embarrassed the boss was far worse than putting up with a few creeps.

I can't think of any women who have gone public with these kinds of long after the fact allegations/accusations who went on to make big names for themselves. I don't know if that part of their history had anything to do with it, but I wonder. And it would be interesting to really research what factor money changing hands may play in this whole new dynamic.

To quote Katherine Parker in the iconic movie "Working GIrl" as she counseled her new secretary: "Never burn bridges. Today's junior prick, tomorrow's senior partner."

I'm sure some of these women coming forward to accuse whatever male celebrity or politician is out there now are on the level. But as one who sometimes endured the tacky and offensive behavior of coworkers over the years, I can't imagine stepping forward and accusing somebody 10, 20, 30 or more years later and expect to be taken seriously. They behaved badly back then because they could. So do we ruin somebody's life many years later just because we can?

But in cases of real sexual harassment, real aggravated assault, real rape, real cases where genuine harm was done, I don't know that the statutes of limitations should ever run out on that.

Another Liberal busted for sexual impropriety.

Liberals dropping like flies.

Charlie Rose? Wow.

Shame on you, Charlie

Of course it was fast. Threats of retreating advertisers will do that.

At this rate, advertisers are going to have to hold their nose and pay for the ad spot.

That's absurd. Victims have an obligation to report, but they are never as guilty as the person who assaulted them. You also need to understand the factors that contribute to sexual assault victims often staying silent for so long or forever, including the victim blaming you just attempted.

All kinds of common flirting and playing has now been reclassed as abuse by the feminists, and a whole lot of men are being beaten as a result.

SAD

Normal people don't walk around their business associates naked or put their hands on any other human being without their consent and consider that "flirting and playing".

Back
Top Bottom