• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS' Charlie Rose Pushes Back Against Marco Rubio's False Claim That "Hillary [W:62]

Re: CBS' Charlie Rose Pushes Back Against Marco Rubio's False Claim That "Hillary Cli

For the sake of argument lets say HC and the Democratic Party presented the Benghazi attack in a way to disguise what really happened.........and all for political reasons because of the up coming election..........

SO WHAT? I think they call this type of 'bending the truth' 'hardball' politics.............both sides are guilty of the same "smoke and mirrors' game'

Seems to me it sounds more like sour grapes and 'crybabies' on the GOP side................and a big SO WHAT...........

Last edited:
Re: CBS' Charlie Rose Pushes Back Against Marco Rubio's False Claim That "Hillary Cli

Why would Charlie Rose spend so much time on such a silly topic. Must be trying to knock Rubio down a notch and go beyond normal reporting.

Actually he was probably seeing if he was nuts enough to repeat that vast "conspiracy" story and he did. Being totally nuts is a requirement for the GOP nomination this cycle so it was fair to ask.:lol:

Republicans are desperate to explain away why they lost to a supposedly empty suit/chair/platform twice. There will be hell to pay if they lose another election. I'm not sure who they'd blame if Clinton/Sanders were to win in 2016. Obama?

Last edited:

Actually he was probably seeing if he was nuts enough to repeat that vast "conspiracy" story and he did. Being totally nuts is a requirement for the GOP nomination this cycle so it was fair to ask.:lol:
So you haven't seen enough evidence of what was going on at that time? You have forgotten that the administration initially blamed a filmmaker, and had him arrested? You have forgotten that Obama went to the UN a few days after the incident and said "The future must not belong to those who defame the prophet"? You did not see the emails that HClinton received that stated that this was a pre-planned attack?

I simply believe that, to quote HClinton, at this point what difference does it make? Yes, the administration lied but it is time to more on. Rubio should not, and did not, concede anything-to do so would be lying. Charlie Rose was wrong to harp on it. It would have been enough for him to ask whether Obama would have been re-elected if not for the media conspiracy to cover up for the administration and the IRS illegalities on conservative non-profits. Crowley and the FBI acknowledge both are true.

Now it was Hillary Clinton who was born in Kenya.

Sources?

So you haven't seen enough evidence of what was going on at that time? You have forgotten that the administration initially blamed a filmmaker, and had him arrested? You have forgotten that Obama went to the UN a few days after the incident and said "The future must not belong to those who defame the prophet"? You did not see the emails that HClinton received that stated that this was a pre-planned attack?

I simply believe that, to quote HClinton, at this point what difference does it make? Yes, the administration lied but it is time to more on. Rubio should not, and did not, concede anything-to do so would be lying. Charlie Rose was wrong to harp on it. It would have been enough for him to ask whether Obama would have been re-elected if not for the media conspiracy to cover up for the administration and the IRS illegalities on conservative non-profits. Crowley and the FBI acknowledge both are true.

Have you forgotten that the CIA initially blamed the video and the administration was merely repeating their talking points. How is using CIA info a vast conspiracy? Isn't that what the CIA is for? Wouldn't it have been wrong to contradict them?

Have you forgotten that the CIA initially blamed the video and the administration was merely repeating their talking points. How is using CIA info a vast conspiracy? Isn't that what the CIA is for? Wouldn't it have been wrong to contradict them?

Washington Post's Glenn Kessler discussed this on Oct 30th. He stated:
Ironically, the CIA’s initial Sept. 12 executive update stated that “this was an intentional assault and not the escalation of a peaceful protest.”
Kessler's article is rather strange as he takes a quote from Rubio that stated:
She admitted she had sent e-mails to her family saying, ‘Hey, this attack at Benghazi was caused by Al Qaida-like elements.’
then goes on about how her initial public statements about the attack were very careful not to blame the video. But that is not what Rubio stated-he talked about what her emails stated, not what her public statements were. You can't call him a liar when he was talking about emails, not public statements, unless you address whether those emails in fact were written.

It seems clear at this point that this was an planned attack but that did not serve the interest of the President in a re-election campaign. I used to work in military intelligence and we always got word of potential attacks on anniversary dates of Waco and Oklahoma City. 9/11? Hummm? Perhaps somebody may do something.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../10/30/is-hillary-clinton-a-liar-on-benghazi/

Hasn't this been rehashed enough? With enough for anyone on any side to conjure up a al Dallas, 1963?

Washington Post's Glenn Kessler discussed this on Oct 30th. He stated:

Kessler's article is rather strange as he takes a quote from Rubio that stated: then goes on about how her initial public statements about the attack were very careful not to blame the video. But that is not what Rubio stated-he talked about what her emails stated, not what her public statements were. You can't call him a liar when he was talking about emails, not public statements, unless you address whether those emails in fact were written.

It seems clear at this point that this was an planned attack but that did not serve the interest of the President in a re-election campaign. I used to work in military intelligence and we always got word of potential attacks on anniversary dates of Waco and Oklahoma City. 9/11? Hummm? Perhaps somebody may do something.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../10/30/is-hillary-clinton-a-liar-on-benghazi/

Hasn't this been rehashed enough? With enough for anyone on any side to conjure up a al Dallas, 1963?

Since when have Republicans ever given up on a losing cause, as long as they have all the money in the world to use it will continue. After all what is our tax money for?

The Pinocchio Test

Focusing just on the public statements made by Clinton — as opposed to the rest of the administration — one find little support for Rubio’s claim that Clinton told the American people that the attacks were because of a video. She certainly spoke about the video, but always in the context of the protests that were occurring across the Middle East.

As the nation’s chief diplomat, Clinton had a responsibility to be precise and careful in her public statements. One could imagine she would be less guarded in private, referring to claims by an al-Qaeda group even before an official CIA assessment. Rubio is wrong when he says the CIA assessment did not change, given that a Senate report he signed documented that the CIA assessment changed several times and was not set in stone until more than 10 days after the attacks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/10/30/is-hillary-clinton-a-liar-on-benghazi/

Charlie Rose is just defending his party and being his typical bias self.

Of course Hillary lied. It was proven during the last hearing. She told the Prime Minister of Egypt the day after the attack that it had nothing to do with a Youtube video or protest that got out of hand. She then turns around and tells the families of the victims, as well as the entire nation, the attack was because of the video.

That's a lie. I don't care what partisan logic you use. The only people that don't believe Hillary lied are the same ones that don't believe Obama lied when he said we could keep our current insurance plan and doctor.

It never ceases to amaze me how partisans suspend logic when it's politically convenient. These people would refer to the assassination of Caesar as a "political disagreement."

I think it's Fox News that is causing it, if candidates had to go through the the main stream press, there would be a much better selection ...center right.

Wow... I can't believe it took until post 19 before FDS reared it's ugly head.

According to CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell, the first report produced by the CIA, along with all subsequent reports, never mentioned anything about the video being a factor in the attack.

According to CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell, the first report produced by the CIA, along with all subsequent reports, never mentioned anything about the video being a factor in the attack.

peter-griffin-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

Wow... I can't believe it took until post 19 before FDS reared it's ugly head.
What ugly head? If Fox wasn't in the picture, you would not see all the kookie chracters running for president. Despite their leads now, Trump and Carson don't have a chance in the world of winning. Whether you know it or not, the Republican party needs a good center right candidate, not extreme. Bernie Sanders has no chance of winning either because he's too extreme.

Who the hell cares, the CIA is not only way people get information. They have eyes and ears too. Besides in the fog of war, information is constantly changing, and it take time to sort it out.

She then turns around and tells the families of the victims, as well as the entire nation, the attack was because of the video.

That's a lie.

Your post is a lie. Clinton never said that the attack was because of a video. Here are her public statements
Hillary Clinton’s statements

10:08 p.m., Sept. 11, press statement:

“I condemn in the strongest terms the attack on our mission in Benghazi today. As we work to secure our personnel and facilities, we have confirmed that one of our State Department officers was killed. We are heartbroken by this terrible loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and those who have suffered in this attack.

“Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.”

11:12 p.m., Sept. 11, e-mail to her daughter, Chelsea Clinton:

“Two of our officers were killed in Benghazi by an al Qaeda-like group. . . . Very hard day and I fear more of the same.”

Sept. 12, e-mail recounting phone conversation with Egyptian foreign minister:

“We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack—not a protest. . . . Based on the information we saw today we believe the group that claimed responsibility for this was affiliated with al Qaeda.”

Sept. 13, public remarks with Moroccan foreign minister on Sept. 13, in which the attack in Benghazi is also briefly mentioned:

“I also want to take a moment to address the video circulating on the Internet that has led to these protests in a number of countries. Let me state very clearly – and I hope it is obvious – that the United States Government had absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and message. America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. And as you know, we are home to people of all religions, many of whom came to this country seeking the right to exercise their own religion, including, of course, millions of Muslims. And we have the greatest respect for people of faith.”

Sept. 14, remarks at transfer of remains ceremony:

“This has been a difficult week for the State Department and for our country. We’ve seen the heavy assault on our post in Benghazi that took the lives of those brave men. We’ve seen rage and violence directed at American embassies over an awful internet video that we had nothing to do with. It is hard for the American people to make sense of that because it is senseless, and it is totally unacceptable.”

Rose is such a hack.

He's trying to push the CIA false narrative that was created as a attempt to muddy the waters so to speak.

The CIA didn't Email Chelsea the night of the attack and say it was terrorist attack

Hillary did.

LOL So the CIA testifying before Congress on Nov. 15th that the video was the cause does not qualify as a "report"? What was it ? Chopped salad?

During that testimony, Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, who takes the gavel of the House Armed Services Committee in January, said: "Mr. Morell, my strongest memory [was] Director Petraeus on the Friday after this event coming in and telling us this was all a spontaneous demonstration caused by a video."

In the same session, Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., went further, saying Petraeus was "definitive" in his assessment the video was to blame, and unlike the intelligence community witnesses present, the general did not talk about "shifts in the line of analysis."

King said, "the 90 percent conclusion that General Petraeus reached was that this was caused by the video, and it was a spontaneous demonstration." King continued, "the one thing he was ruling out was terrorist involvement.
GOP lawmakers highly critical of Petraeus’ Benghazi explanation, testimony shows | Fox News

Rose is such a hack.

He's trying to push the CIA false narrative that was created as a attempt to muddy the waters so to speak.

The CIA didn't Email Chelsea the night of the attack and say it was terrorist attack

Hillary did.

An she believed it to be true until the CIA issued a differing opinion which is what they testified to on Nov. 15th. She choose not to call the CIA liars and that is her crime.

the first report produced by the CIA, along with all subsequent reports, never mentioned anything about the video being a factor in the attack.

The same can be said for Clinton - she never mentioned anything about the video being a factor in the attack

I've been duped because you can't stay on topic? Logic isn't your thing is it?

You've been duped because you've been duped, me and logic go hand and hand, you and having a fundamental awareness of correlating events, understanding that two seemingly unrelated instances are knitted together, along with a third, showing a pattern of manipulation to influence the public's perception to aid in re-election? Eh, not so much...

This is word salad. What the blue **** does Trayvon Martin have to do with Hillary Clinton? Your post is utterly nonsensical rubbish.

I don't have time to talk slow to you too.

If my post is nonsensical rubbish (notice the lack of an adverb there, you self styled scrivener) it is due to your deficiency in comprehension, not in my explanation.

I don't have time to talk slow to you too.

If my post is nonsensical rubbish (notice the lack of an adverb there, you self styled scrivener) it is due to your deficiency in comprehension, not in my explanation.

LOL oookay. Says the guy who started blathering about Trayvon Martin in what has become yet another Benghazi thread.

You've been duped because you've been duped, me and logic go hand and hand, you and having a fundamental awareness of correlating events, understanding that two seemingly unrelated instances are knitted together, along with a third, showing a pattern of manipulation to influence the public's perception to aid in re-election? Eh, not so much...

Wait ... the Trayvon Martin situation was manipulated to get Obama re-elected? In what alternate universe?

LOL oookay. Says the guy who started blathering about Trayvon Martin in what has become yet another Benghazi thread.

You're embarrassing yourself now, stop it...

read #46 and maybe it will sink in for ya...

Back
Top Bottom