• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CBS' Charlie Rose Pushes Back Against Marco Rubio's False Claim That "Hillary [W:62]

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
CBS' Charlie Rose Pushes Back Against Marco Rubio's False Claim That "Hillary Clinton Lied About Benghazi"

Rubio is a bonehead if he thinks she lied beccause of the election. The election would have had the same result had it been known it was a terrorist attack. Here is the transcript, the video is at the link.

CHARLIE ROSE: [Y]ou called Hillary Clinton a liar, Senator. You called Hillary Clinton a liar.

MARCO RUBIO: Well, no. I said Hillary Clinton lied about Benghazi. There's no doubt about that, Charlie. I mean there are emails in which she was talking to her family and she was telling them that there was an attack on that consulate that was due to a terrorist attack by Al Qaeda elements and then she was going around the country talking to the families of the victims, and to the American people and saying, "no, no. This is because of some video that someone produced that led to a spontaneous uprising."

ROSE: Senator, you know -- you know that --

RUBIO: She absolutely lied about it.

ROSE: The CIA was changing its own assessment of what happened there during that time zone.

RUBIO: That's not -- that's not accurate. It was clear from the very early moments after that attack that it was not a spontaneous uprising. It was a planned attack, well-orchestrated by people that brought armaments to that attack that you would never see as part of a spontaneous uprising. What was very clear is that from the very early moments of that attack, she knew that it was a terrorist attack, as she shared by email with various people. And yet she continued to perpetuate the lie that this was something different.

ROSE: If you're calling her a liar by saying she perpetuated a lie, then why do you think she did that? What was her motive?

RUBIO: Well that's very clear why. Because they were in the middle of a 2012 reelection in which President Obama had made the claim that Al Qaeda was being defeated and on the run and this counteracted that narrative--

ROSE: So you were saying that Hillary Clinton lied -- you were saying, Senator, that Hillary Clinton lied because she wanted to help Barack Obama in his reelection campaign? That's a serious charge.

RUBIO: Yes. Is -- well, it's the truth. I mean, that is not only why she did it, that's why everyone in the administration did it. The narrative of their campaign at the time, Charlie, was that Al Qaeda was on the run and had been defeated. That was their narrative and this countered that narrative. They didn't want that out there and that's why they didn't tell the truth about what truly happened, and the families of those victims deserve better and the American people deserve--

ROSE: But are you denying that the CIA was getting -- sending different information as they assessed it and providing different information to the leaders of our government? And that was part of the reason that they made different assessments?

RUBIO: Without violating any --

ROSE: David Petraeus and others have said that.

RUBIO: Yeah, I don't want to violate anything that's confidential or anything that's classified, but I'll tell you this: it was clear from the earliest moments after that attack that everyone on the ground and everyone closest to that attack knew, almost instantly, that this was an organized effort, not part of a spontaneous uprising and there was never, ever any evidence that it had anything to do with a video that was produced by some guy out in California. And for them to further that narrative and continue to do so, well after it had become clear that that wasn't the case, was unacceptable. The American people deserve better. And the families of those victims in Benghazi deserve better

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/10/29/cbs-charlie-rose-pushes-back-against-marco-rubi/206518

Re: CBS' Charlie Rose Pushes Back Against Marco Rubio's False Claim That "Hillary Cli

Trayvon Martin, a thug killed when he attacked a HISPANIC man.

Media manipulates 911 call making Zimmerman a racist and turns those HISPANIC hues White so as not offend Florida's (nd the country's) large latino community. Creating a "There goes whitey killing us minorities again" narrative.

IRS targets and harasses right leaning nonprofits stalling and in some cases denying them their tax exempt creating hurdles, obstacles , and roadblocks to limit their influence and activities thus handicapping the opposition during the same election period as the "There Whitey dos killing again" campaign took place.

Benghazi embassy is attacked killing 4 Americans including the US Ambassador in a planned assault. Confusing and conflicting reports creating a aura of uncertainty providing cover. "No No, it wasn't a failure on our part.." says the Administration, it wasn't a failed lead from behind strategy which toppled the pre-existing power structure and brought chaos to the land, it wasn't our ignoring of intelligence reports, it wasn't our "Oh hell, what's the use" response to the attack, it was a god damn stupid ass video which just happened to cause a spontaneous attack there, because the place where the US led from behind would be the first place I -- if I were a jihadi -- liberated from a monster thanks to US intervention (let's not think our minimum contribution wasn't given maximum exposure) would spontaneously attack with weaponry that I just happen to have my hands on at the time... Yeah that isn't a false narrative set up to provide the "We're keeping America and Americans safe, honest, this came out of nowhere, really..." schpeal going less than two months before an election..

You Hillary Humpers will go to any lengths, won't ya?

Re: CBS' Charlie Rose Pushes Back Against Marco Rubio's False Claim That "Hillary Cli

Afternoon, Pete.

All actual evidence shows that Rubio was and is correct.

This goes to the old Watergate saying - "It was the cover-up, not the break-in." Spinning the truth to not look like a moron right before a major election is one thing. Lying about it is another. The Obama White House had been telling the American People that al Qaeda was on the run and "we" killed bin Laden. The Benghazi attack, if honestly discussed, would have shown that this was not true, so they spun in. They said that "there is no evidence that this was anything more than a bunch of protestors upset because of a video" even though they knew it was something totally different. That goes to the level of dishonesty that the politically appointed senior officials in the Administration would go to get the President re-elected. And, here's the truth: They didn't have to lie. Obama would have been re-elected anyway. In addition, if he would have come out like Bush did and rally the American people against this attack then I predict he would have won by an even larger margin.

But he didn't, and they didn't. They lied to us, and they've gotten caught, and what's worse, they continue to stick to it even to this day. That says something major about the integrity of many of these people in power, including Mrs. Clinton.

Be nice to have a time stamped record of what was said, who said it, and when.
I am sure it must be out there???

I don't think a spokesperson for the Clinton campaign couldn't have done a better job than Rose did defending Hillary. He was sharp and knew all the campaign's talking points by heart.

Afternoon, Pete.

This goes to the old Watergate saying - "It was the cover-up, not the break-in." Spinning the truth to not look like a moron right before a major election is one thing. Lying about it is another. The Obama White House had been telling the American People that al Qaeda was on the run and "we" killed bin Laden. The Benghazi attack, if honestly discussed, would have shown that this was not true, so they spun in. They said that "there is no evidence that this was anything more than a bunch of protestors upset because of a video" even though they knew it was something totally different. That goes to the level of dishonesty that the politically appointed senior officials in the Administration would go to get the President re-elected. And, here's the truth: They didn't have to lie. Obama would have been re-elected anyway. In addition, if he would have come out like Bush did and rally the American people against this attack then I predict he would have won by an even larger margin.

But he didn't, and they didn't. They lied to us, and they've gotten caught, and what's worse, they continue to stick to it even to this day. That says something major about the integrity of many of these people in power, including Mrs. Clinton.

First of all, this is nothing, I mean nothing like Watergate and IMO, the reason the Right brings that red herring up is because Nixon was forced to resign. (I voted for him and I was sad when he did. I have etched in my brain a picture of where I was when I watched on TV)

I fail to see how the killing of bin Laden is connected to Benghazi. He said al Quida was on the run, he didnt say they were defeated. Your prediction he would have received more votes is A strawman argument that makes no sense.

The truth as I see it, is they "knew" it was al Quaida, but that was an educated guess, There was no physical evidence that proved it so they couldn't announce it on the world stage until they had it.

Read the following from the Washington Post fact checker Glenn Kessler:

Is Hillary Clinton a ‘liar’ on Benghazi?

And then read the following from The House Intelligence Committee 2014 report:

Attachments

• Fourth.jpg
    Fourth.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 123

I don't think a spokesperson for the Clinton campaign couldn't have done a better job than Rose did defending Hillary. He was sharp and knew all the campaign's talking points by heart.

Come on Grim, it was Rubio who was giving out talking points from The RNC.

EDIT: BTW, Rose was sharp, he exposed Rubio as a liar.

Last edited:

First of all, this is nothing, I mean nothing like Watergate and IMO, the reason the Right brings that red herring up is because Nixon was forced to resign. (I voted for him and I was sad when he did. I have etched in my brain a picture of where I was when I watched on TV)
Pete, buddy, I only used the "saying" from the Watergate hearings to describe the fact that this is a cover-up and the cover-up is the problem. No other comparison was made by me or even intimated by me. So, let's not over react.

I fail to see how the killing of bin Laden is connected to Benghazi.
It doesn't. What I was talking about was that the Obama Administration was trying to establish their bonafides in protecting the American people from terrorists as part of their re-election campaign, and the fact that "al Qaeda is on the run" was far from true, and the attack on Benghazi proved as much. The reference to bib Laden was just to show another part of the campaign strategy that the al Qaeda reference was also part and parcel - nothing else.
He said al Quida was on the run, he didnt say they were defeated.
On the run means they are not able to attack us, because they are "on the run." They were not and are not "on the run."
Your prediction he would have received more votes is A strawman argument that makes no sense.
Sure, you can call it a strawman if you like. The truth is, that many center right independents that care about national security issues as a main issue could very well have voted for Obama based solely on that one issue, had he played it correctly. He didn't. That isn't a strawman, it's a theory and I posed it as such by saying "I predict."

The truth as I see it, is they "knew" it was al Quaida, but that was an educated guess,
How can they "know" but it still be a "guess" educated or otherwise?
There was no physical evidence that proved it so they couldn't announce it on the world stage until they had it.
They had evidence, and the emails that have just become available (and conveniently after all the other investigations were concluded) show that they had the evidence the same day and almost immediately after the attack. That's what Rubio is talking about.

Pete, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to put any credence into a "fact checker" opinion in the media since we actually have the REAL evidence to make the determination ourselves.

You see Pete, this is what I was talking about above. This committee came to their conclusions before all the evidence was made available, including the emails from the Clinton personal email server. How can we use a report that was written prior to all the evidence being revealed as anything other than an inaccurate view absent of all the evidence? If we had a Congressional Committee exonerate Nixon, prior to the Watergate Committee pressing and getting White House aide Alexander Butterfield to admit on national television that the taping system existed. And, no, I'm not comparing the two issues, just the timing of evidence becoming available, so don't dismiss it out of hand unless you just want to blindly defend Mrs. Clinton.

I fail to see how the killing of bin Laden is connected to Benghazi. He said al Quida was on the run, he didnt say they were defeated. Your prediction he would have received more votes is A strawman argument that makes no sense.

The truth as I see it, is they "knew" it was al Quaida, but that was an educated guess, There was no physical evidence that proved it so they couldn't announce it on the world stage until they had it.

It is a waste of time arguing with these partisans and using real facts and data. They have predetermined that it was all a huge plot to get Obama re-elected no matter how stupid that is. They will ignore the CIA's role in this entirely because it doesn't work with their conspiracy theory. It is like mass brainwashing that reaches all the way up to the top. The idea that with something as important as Benghazi, Hillary would use her own intuition and ignore the CIA talking points that she was given is so ludicrous that it boggles the mind. This is the type of thing that the CIA is in existence for isn't it?

Now it was Hillary Clinton who was born in Kenya.

Pete, buddy, I only used the "saying" from the Watergate hearings to describe the fact that this is a cover-up and the cover-up is the problem. No other comparison was made by me or even intimated by me. So, let's not over react.

It doesn't. What I was talking about was that the Obama Administration was trying to establish their bonafides in protecting the American people from terrorists as part of their re-election campaign, and the fact that "al Qaeda is on the run" was far from true, and the attack on Benghazi proved as much. The reference to bib Laden was just to show another part of the campaign strategy that the al Qaeda reference was also part and parcel - nothing else. On the run means they are not able to attack us, because they are "on the run." They were not and are not "on the run." Sure, you can call it a strawman if you like. The truth is, that many center right independents that care about national security issues as a main issue could very well have voted for Obama based solely on that one issue, had he played it correctly. He didn't. That isn't a strawman, it's a theory and I posed it as such by saying "I predict."

Senator Obama made a campaign promise he would get bin Laden even if we had to go into Pakistan. Guess what happened. I wonder what intelligence they got.

How can they "know" but it still be a "guess" educated or otherwise? They had evidence, and the emails that have just become available (and conveniently after all the other investigations were concluded) show that they had the evidence the same day and almost immediately after the attack. That's what Rubio is talking about.
Read Kessller's report.
Pete, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to put any credence into a "fact checker" opinion in the media since we actually have the REAL evidence to make the determination ourselves.
Read Kessler's report or play ignorance.

You see Pete, this is what I was talking about above. This committee came to their conclusions before all the evidence was made available, including the emails from the Clinton personal email server. How can we use a report that was written prior to all the evidence being revealed as anything other than an inaccurate view absent of all the evidence? If we had a Congressional Committee exonerate Nixon, prior to the Watergate Committee pressing and getting White House aide Alexander Butterfield to admit on national television that the taping system existed. And, no, I'm not comparing the two issues, just the timing of evidence becoming available, so don't dismiss it out of hand unless you just want to blindly defend Mrs. Clinton.

There was no reason to have further commissions, except to smear Obama and Hillary. To spend 4.6 million because Hillary said something the Right didn't like? The Republican party sure has gone over the rails since I was one. You should ask yourself if this is the way politics should be.

Media manipulates 911 call making Zimmerman a racist and turns those HISPANIC hues White so as not offend Florida's (nd the country's) large latino community. Creating a "There goes whitey killing us minorities again" narrative.

IRS targets and harasses right leaning nonprofits stalling and in some cases denying them their tax exempt creating hurdles, obstacles , and roadblocks to limit their influence and activities thus handicapping the opposition during the same election period as the "There Whitey dos killing again" campaign took place.

Benghazi embassy is attacked killing 4 Americans including the US Ambassador in a planned assault. Confusing and conflicting reports creating a aura of uncertainty providing cover. "No No, it wasn't a failure on our part.." says the Administration, it wasn't a failed lead from behind strategy which toppled the pre-existing power structure and brought chaos to the land, it wasn't our ignoring of intelligence reports, it wasn't our "Oh hell, what's the use" response to the attack, it was a god damn stupid ass video which just happened to cause a spontaneous attack there, because the place where the US led from behind would be the first place I -- if I were a jihadi -- liberated from a monster thanks to US intervention (let's not think our minimum contribution wasn't given maximum exposure) would spontaneously attack with weaponry that I just happen to have my hands on at the time... Yeah that isn't a false narrative set up to provide the "We're keeping America and Americans safe, honest, this came out of nowhere, really..." schpeal going less than two months before an election..

WTF does Trayvon Martin have to do with Benghazi?

Now it was Hillary Clinton who was born in Kenya.

Well I haven't seen a birth certificate.

It is a waste of time arguing with these partisans and using real facts and data. They have predetermined that it was all a huge plot to get Obama re-elected no matter how stupid that is. They will ignore the CIA's role in this entirely because it doesn't work with their conspiracy theory. It is like mass brainwashing that reaches all the way up to the top. The idea that with something as important as Benghazi, Hillary would use her own intuition and ignore the CIA talking points that she was given is so ludicrous that it boggles the mind. This is the type of thing that the CIA is in existence for isn't it?

Your are correct, the Right has gone off the cliff. There will not be another Republican president until they stop this crap.

Your are correct, the Right has gone off the cliff. There will not be another Republican president until they stop this crap.

I couldn't agree more. The last of the great Republican presidents was Dwight Eisenhower. If they can get back to that they'll have viable candidates again.

Senator Obama made a campaign promise he would get bin Laden even if we had to go into Pakistan. Guess what happened. I wonder what intelligence they got.
He damned sure did, and sure as hell got him, too. I've always given him credit for that, so stop sidetracking with it.

Read Kessller's report.

Read Kessler's report or play ignorance. [/QUOTE] I've read the information that has come out in emails and other documents in the last few moths, and they support Rubio.

There was no reason to have further commissions, except to smear Obama and Hillary.
Of course not. The current committee found out MAJOR evidence existed that ALL the other committees didn't have a clue existed. So sure, let's shut everything down before we find anything else.
To spend 4.6 million because Hillary said something the Right didn't like?
You mean a fundamental lie? You mean when she told the American people and the families of the dead a lie? Does that not matter you Pete?
The Republican party sure has gone over the rails since I was one. You should ask yourself if this is the way politics should be.
To get to the truth when a person an officer of the Untied States Government lies to the American people and covers up the truth for POLITICAL GAIN? Hell yeah Pete, I think that's how our government should work - regardless of the party that does either one.

WTF does Trayvon Martin have to do with Benghazi?

They're examples of you being duped

Couldn't figure that out for yourself, eh?

Under the circumstances, I suppose not...

Why would Charlie Rose spend so much time on such a silly topic. Must be trying to knock Rubio down a notch and go beyond normal reporting.

I couldn't agree more. The last of the great Republican presidents was Dwight Eisenhower. If they can get back to that they'll have viable candidates again.

I think it's Fox News that is causing it, if candidates had to go through the the main stream press, there would be a much better selection ...center right.

They're examples of you being duped

Couldn't figure that out for yourself, eh?

Under the circumstances, I suppose not...

I've been duped because you can't stay on topic? Logic isn't your thing is it?

Afternoon, Pete.

As well as those who think she's done nothing wrong.

He damned sure did, and sure as hell got him, too. I've always given him credit for that, so stop sidetracking with it.

Read Kessller's report.

Read Kessler's report or play ignorance.
I've read the information that has come out in emails and other documents in the last few moths, and they support Rubio.

Of course not. The current committee found out MAJOR evidence existed that ALL the other committees didn't have a clue existed. So sure, let's shut everything down before we find anything else. You mean a fundamental lie? You mean when she told the American people and the families of the dead a lie? Does that not matter you Pete? To get to the truth when a person an officer of the Untied States Government lies to the American people and covers up the truth for POLITICAL GAIN? Hell yeah Pete, I think that's how our government should work - regardless of the party that does either one.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, I can't believe why anyone would believe any administration would purposely do this. It boggles the mind, I Couldn't see this even if a Republican was accused, because it would make little or no difference to the votes. Obama is intelligent he wouldn't try this. I think this is about what a right minded person would do; they tend to be more fearful than liberals.

I wonder if those who talk about the families, cared when President Bush refused to talk to Cindy Sheehan.

This is word salad. What the blue **** does Trayvon Martin have to do with Hillary Clinton? Your post is utterly nonsensical rubbish.

What I find so unbelievable is how often these clowns lie.....................but what is amazing is how many folks believe the lies without ever questing the liars...........and then when caller on the lie........argue with the fact checkers...........

Did ya ever...........

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065202652 said:
As well as those who think she's done nothing wrong.

Vs. who? Those that have nothing but a far-fetched theory who by coincidence are the very ones terrified that Hillary will be our next President? No one but you loons beleive you would have won the election if only Benghazi was a terror attact from the start. And only loons like you would even think of risking everything by being involved in some vast conspiracy for such a weak reason. The CIA has stated that they circulated the video causation because they wanted to fool the terrorists and make their capture easier. If you have a beef with that take it up with them. Personally I think the letters stand for Complete Idiots Agency but that has been going on for a long time and Benghazi is far from their worst blunder.

Back
Top Bottom