• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Case where teenager was shot/killed over loud music starts Mon[W:841, 1051,1314,2133]

Re: Case where teenager was shot and killed over loud music starts Monday[W:841, 1051

blah blah blah
iLOL
Prove it.

You have nothing reliable that showed he lied in reference to the gun. Nothing
His emotionally disturbed GF not remembering means squat.

So what do you think you have that casts him as a liar?

Provide the video and time stamp, or you are just blowing smoke.
Smoke that apparently the Juror didn't even mention.

Re: Case where teenager was shot and killed over loud music starts Monday[W:841, 1051

Instead of the two diametrically opposed positions of (a) Dunn deliberately lied in order to justify his actions in saying that he saw a shotgun, or (b) Dunn did in fact have a shotgun pointed at him together with clear death threats, and acted purely in self-defence - is there not a third possibility that he was in an agitated state and thought he saw an object which might have been the barrel of a shotgun, in addition to which, he might have been unable to hear exactly what Davis was saying due to the loudness of the music?

The fact that there is no evidence of said shotgun ever having been present, might seem to support this hypothesis - might it not? The truth is seldom either plain or simple.

Hmmmm?
Let's see. He spent all that pretrial time surrounded by idiot thugs and there was no such reported incident.
And yet you want to say some nonsense like this.
Strange.
So ...
It's almost 20 hours later and still no report of any beating.
I would suggest you take that C note and donate it to the forum.
He was not in gen pop state or fed prison. He was held at a county facility, most likely in isolation. He has not been transferred to a state or fed prison to be around they types that will get to him.
He may not get to one until after the retrial on murder one.
Still willing to play?

Oh, so the gun was found?
:2rofll:
Didn't have to be.

It not being found does not mean it didn't exist.
You already know that.
You already know that circumstantial evidence suggests it may have been stashed.

So trying to present that as a lie is absurdly ridiculous.

He was not in gen pop state or fed prison.
And yet he was surrounded by idiot thugs.
Go figure.
Nor was that part of your wager.

Still willing to play?
It is 47 hours later. By the lack of reports, you have already been proven wrong.

Or did you forget what you said?

I got a c note that says he has already had at least one beat down.

Apparently you are wrong. Please donate the C note to the forum.

Not on the first and most serious charge.

Not that it matters. The difference between 60 years for attempted murder and life for murder isn't too great.

And yet he was surrounded by idiot thugs.
Go figure.
Nor was that part of your wager.

It is 47 hours later. By the lack of reports, you have already been proven wrong.

Or did you forget what you said?

Apparently you are wrong. Please donate the C note to the forum.
You think prison beatings get reported? Plus he is probably still in County and in solitary.
And in county, those idiot thugs are looking to get out. If you are sentenced to less than a year, that's where you stay. He has yet to meet some hard core lifers.

You think prison beatings get reported? Plus he is probably still in County and in solitary.
And in county, those idiot thugs are looking to get out. If you are sentenced to less than a year, that's where you stay. He has yet to meet some hard core lifers.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
It has been over two days now.
Nothing has been reported
Donate the C note to the forum.

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
It has been over two days now.
Nothing has been reported
Donate the C note to the forum.

Do you really thing prison ass whippings get reported to the news? You really are naïve.

Dude, accept you made an outrageous bet and lost. Donate the C note to the forum.

Get real and move away from your make-believe world of *prison guard fantasy*.

Do you really thing prison ass whippings get reported to the news? You really are naïve.
Why are you suggesting something I did not say?

But regardless of that.
Are you naïve enough not to realize that with the media attention this case has received, that had such happened, it would have already been leaked to the press?
Really?

Like I said; It has been over two days now. Donate the C note to the forum.

Instead of the two diametrically opposed positions of (a) Dunn deliberately lied in order to justify his actions in saying that he saw a shotgun, or (b) Dunn did in fact have a shotgun pointed at him together with clear death threats, and acted purely in self-defence - is there not a third possibility that he was in an agitated state and thought he saw an object which might have been the barrel of a shotgun, in addition to which, he might have been unable to hear exactly what Davis was saying due to the loudness of the music?

The fact that there is no evidence of said shotgun ever having been present, might seem to support this hypothesis - might it not? The truth is seldom either plain or simple.
The evidence is that is what he saw.
That can not be disproved because of the circumstantial evidence.

That having been said ...
I previous mentioned the following of what I believed happened.
... what I believe happened is the guy reached down as Dunn stated, and grabbed and pointed out of the window a leg of the tripod to accompany and simulate an actual threat.
Dunn saw that and responded appropriately.
When the guys left the scene and got out, what the one witness described as an appearance of stashing something, was actually the guy moving the tripod back under the seat.

But that is not what was argued, and speculation matters not. :shrug:

Not that it matters. The difference between 60 years for attempted murder and life for murder isn't too great.

Agreed. The only factors are clearing up any confusion over whether or not Davis deserved what he got and matters related to his legacy and curbing any emboldeness irresponsible gun advocates may have with respect to thinking the law might be on their side if they kill.

Agreed. The only factors are clearing up any confusion over whether or not Davis deserved what he got and matters related to his legacy and curbing any emboldeness irresponsible gun advocates may have with respect to thinking the law might be on their side if they kill.

You didn't finish, the sentence...kill in self-defense

That's what matters. Not the rubbish before that

That is a good reason to have a second trial.

Let's not have anyone else thinking it's OK to open fire on a bunch of kids in a car, regardless of their annoying music and loud mouths.

If they had a shotgun and the bullet holes were in the hood of the car it would still be arguable. With bullet holes in the rear of the car and no shotgun ever found it amazes me this wasnt a slam dunk.
That is a good reason to have a second trial.

Let's not have anyone else thinking it's OK to open fire on a bunch of kids in a car, regardless of their annoying music and loud mouths.

If they had a shotgun and the bullet holes were in the hood of the car it would still be arguable. With bullet holes in the rear of the car and no shotgun ever found it amazes me this wasnt a slam dunk.

I'm not privy to the jury deliberations, of course, but have served on juries in the past. It's quite amazing what they tend to consider relevant evidence. Of course, the task of the prosecution was to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the shooting wasn't in self defense, which borders on proving a negative.

I'm guessing that they finally decided to compromise with a verdict that didn't actually decide the issue of self defense, but still put Dunn away where he could do no more harm.

I'm not privy to the jury deliberations, of course, but have served on juries in the past. It's quite amazing what they tend to consider relevant evidence. Of course, the task of the prosecution was to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the shooting wasn't in self defense, which borders on proving a negative.

I'm guessing that they finally decided to compromise with a verdict that didn't actually decide the issue of self defense, but still put Dunn away where he could do no more harm.
I agree. The Fla SYG law makes self defense the default position which now must be proven was not the case. An awfully high hurdle. Whereas shooting at a fleeing vehicle...slam dunk.

SYG might kill or at least seriously harm gun rights. No rational person could possibly belive just saying you are skeered is good engough excuse to kill people.
I agree. The Fla SYG law makes self defense the default position which now must be proven was not the case. An awfully high hurdle. Whereas shooting at a fleeing vehicle...slam dunk.

SYG might kill or at least seriously harm gun rights. No rational person could possibly belive just saying you are skeered is good engough excuse to kill people.
Crazy isn't it?

So, how you figure 3 jurors believed SD had not been disproved by, the prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt?

No offense but could you state your question without a double negative as it is throwing me off...

And again, The only thing you got was nailing yourself as a poster of asinine absurdities and someone that does not understand context of that being discussed.

:lol:

That's the case in every state except Ohio. It's not just a Florida thing.

Back
Top Bottom