• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Capitol Police Are Spying On Members Of Congress And The Americans They Meet

oh well the democrats have an IMMENSE amount to lose. you just don't realize just how bad this kind of crap makes them look, yet.
You probably didn't read the linked article's source.

But, fyi, this was an initiative undertaken by the Capitol Police's intel division.

Not everything you don't like is about the Democrats.
Alow for the fact that sometimes you might get pissed off at folks who're just doing their jobs instead of Demonrats trying to oppress you.

So her apparent support of killing elected officials isn't something we should be concerned about?
Sure are reading a lot out of a single 'like', more like reading in what you want.

Hey, you do you, I'll do me. Do carry on.

I mean seriously....it would be like saying "I heard a guy say that we should be raping every young lady from 13 to 15. I agree with him." and thinking that nobody should bat a eyelash because you didn't make the original statement.
🤷‍♂️

I'm not inclined to overly excited about a single 'like', no.

This isn't just security searches of bags or exigent threats..from the OP:

Capitol Police initiative that involves deep dives into the speech, background, and lifestyle details of who members of Congress are meeting with, including donors, Hill staff, mayors, state legislators, and other Americans exercising their First Amendment right to petition their government.
The Capital Police were subject to an unprecedented attack on J6th. Just a guess, but maybe they're looking for possible Seditious Conspirators. There is a suspicion that some members of congress were connected to the Attack on democracy, so getting a sense of who is talking with a Congressperson or Senator could be revealing.
WTF is a deep dive into the speech? Due day talk phunny?

You probably didn't read the linked article's source.

But, fyi, this was an initiative undertaken by the Capitol Police's intel division.

Not everything you don't like is about the Democrats.
Alow for the fact that sometimes you might get pissed off at folks who're just doing their jobs instead of Demonrats trying to oppress you.
You have to remember these are the type of people who blame Democrats when they stub their toe or someone leaves the milk on the counter.

A group of violent extremists overran our capitol during the certification of a presidential election because they wanted to alter the outcome of that certification.

You can't spin this. Nobody buys it except the people who were already in the cult.
I think you are over-estimating your position relative to the rest of us.

No cult member here, and yet I see that this was a partisan theater act like most of them are in the over blowing the acts on Jan 6th.

The spin is certainly there but the good majority of it is coming from the side trying to make this into a bigger thing than it was.

No cult member here, and yet I see that this was a partisan theater act like most of them are in the over blowing the acts on Jan 6th.
The spin is certainly there but the good majority of it is coming from the side trying to make this into a bigger thing than it was.

Do you suppose the Capitol Police quietly initiated this program for the purposes of political theater?

No, I think they intitiated it in the hopes that they would find something, ANYTHING to use for political purposes though.
What exactly are the political purposes of the Capitol Police?

You know that the CP are not the same people as the Demonrats, right?

Do you think police officers over blow all riots over just certain ones to their benefit?

The Capital Police were subject to an unprecedented attack on J6th. Just a guess, but maybe they're looking for possible Seditious Conspirators. There is a suspicion that some members of congress were connected to the Attack on democracy, so getting a sense of who is talking with a Congressperson or Senator could be revealing.
WTF is a deep dive into the speech? Due day talk phunny?
so the cops just cant do investigations on their suspicions. -cause any decent cop is suspicious of anything/everyone
thay can examine bags, but they cant impede access to right to redress
There has to be a reason, else it's a warrantless search, and impingement on "petitioning"

If the meeting was to take place on Capitol Grounds or in the adjacent office building, "background checks" does not bother me in the least" and yes even though NSA was "just" pulling metadata, they were pulling it on EVERYBODY with a phone. I thought that scandalous.
metadata is less intrusive then background checks- both are a bane without some reason to do so

I did read it, Capitol Police want to know who is coming to the Capitol to visit whoever.
Given Jan 6th and how Republicans have callous disregard for Capitol Police or what happens to them I do not blame them for wanting to know more about who is showing up.
know more why? just in case? So you have a crime scene and after that scene is cleared and 'back to normal'
anyone that ever visits that crime scene is subject to background checks?

know more why? just in case? So you have a crime scene and after that scene is cleared and 'back to normal'
anyone that ever visits that crime scene is subject to background checks?

I am trying to determine why the opinion is we do not need more security for the Capitol.

do we have a section for Police State matters? <---comment

Besty Woodruff Swan and Daniel Lippman broke the details this week of a new Capitol Police initiative that involves deep dives into the speech, background, and lifestyle details of who members of Congress are meeting with, including donors, Hill staff, mayors, state legislators, and other Americans exercising their First Amendment right to petition their government.

Personal details on Capitol Hill staff, state legislators, or donors are dispersed to partisans and suddenly leaked at an opportune political moment by some agency conveniently immune to the Freedom of Information Act and subject to limited oversight. After the aggressive leaking, spinning, and shaming that bureaucrats engaged in during the Donald Trump years, we’ve seen what’s possible.

This practice also comes dangerously close to burdening the free exercise of political speech, which includes the right to petition the government “for a redress of grievances” without fear of reprisal.
Yeah, this might be the Federalist article that is actually true.........Probably not....

Of course.

But it's still disappointing that it took a Jan. 6 for Democrats to come on board the law and order train.
And the right to goose step right off.

I am trying to determine why the opinion is we do not need more security for the Capitol.

If you clutch your pearls while saying the words "increase security"
it sounds exactly like the word "spying"

An easy mistake for any clutcher to make

Does it say in there "spy on the members we are supposed to be protecting"?
"spy" is a trigger word used by victimhood hustlers to describe any LEO activity they don't like

Did you come up with any evidence to show that the CP are acting under the control of the Demonrats instead of just doing their job?

I agree...

...unfortunately there are a lot of indecent American voters it seems.

Your own way of saying that anyone who does not vote the same way you do is indecent?

Your own way of saying that anyone who does not vote the same way you do is indecent?
What? There are plenty of people that voted for Trump that condemned Jan 6th. He's the one who said "no decent American voter would defend Jan 6th" lol.

Back
Top Bottom