• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can you tell me why older Americans would go to the trump rallies with covid.

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I am in my middles 70"s and am very, very careful about where I go. I mostly stay at home with the epidemic in full swing in my state and county. Then I see on the news all of these people, but especially the older ones, at Trump rallies without even wearing masks. Today it was in Florida and the covid is once again heating up in that state. I know younger people feel invulnerable, but older people are not. 79% of all deaths in the country are those over 65 and most of the older people I saw at the Trump rally in the audience were much older than 65. So can you tell me why they would risk their lives just to cheer anyone, even the person they want as the next president? I just do not understand. explain it to me please.

I am in my middles 70"s and am very, very careful about where I go. I mostly stay at home with the epidemic in full swing in my state and county. Then I see on the news all of these people, but especially the older ones, at Trump rallies without even wearing masks. Today it was in Florida and the covid is once again heating up in that state. I know younger people feel invulnerable, but older people are not. 79% of all deaths in the country are those over 65 and most of the older people I saw at the Trump rally in the audience were much older than 65. So can you tell me why they would risk their lives just to cheer anyone, even the person they want as the next president? I just do not understand. explain it to me please.
There is a fatal disease in Trumpism.

They want to get on with their lives? Just curious, when are you going to venture out in crowds again? The movies. A baseball game. A concert? A month? Two months? Six months, a year? What is going to tell you that it's safe to be with people again?

Not being facetious, 100% serious.

they're dumb asses?

They are anti-science morons and rubes.

They want to get on with their lives? Just curious, when are you going to venture out in crowds again? The movies. A baseball game. A concert? A month? Two months? Six months, a year? What is going to tell you that it's safe to be with people again?

If Trump had lead the nation instead of sitting on his butt, maybe we could have controlled the spread and I could be going out to some of those things. Instead of telling everyone not to wear masks and the epidemic was almost over, he had been an example for his followers, I could go out and do those things. The problem is he set the tone for his followers and here we are, the country with the worst outbreak in the world.

There are a lot of stupid people in the world.

If Trump has lead the nation instead of sitting on his butt, maybe we could have controlled the spread and I could be going out to some of those things. Instead of telling everyone not to wear masks and the epidemic was almost over, he had been an example for his followers, I could go out and do those things. The problem is he set the tone for his followers and here we are, the country with the worst outbreak in the world.
Got your hatred for the President out? Good. Now how about giving my question a shot. When are you going to venture out in crowds again? The movies. A baseball game. A concert? A month? Two months? Six months, a year? What is going to tell you that it's safe to be with people again?

Trump's base is made up of less-than-college educated whites who are afraid of minorities.

They don't do science.

Got your hatred for the President out? Good. Now how about giving my question a shot. When are you going to venture out in crowds again? The movies. A baseball game. A concert? A month? Two months? Six months, a year? What is going to tell you that it's safe to be with people again?
When it is safe and it will not be safe until we start to do something about covid. Even when we get the vaccine, we need to continue to be safe until about 70% of the population is vaccinated. And i will say it again, if trump had lead, I would already be able go out, but failing to do that keeps me at home.

Perhaps, just perhaps, they don't fear death? At least not so much that they give up living and experiencing out of such concerns?

I know that I don't fear it. :cool:

Not because I have any "special insight" regarding any afterlife; just simply because life itself is worth experiencing.

IMO they know the "risks" and they still want to go out and join in the experience; something to tell their grandkids and friends. Something that's better than sitting around feeling useless at home.

Perhaps it's because they simply want to show active support for their Presidential choice?

Meanwhile, why are you so concerned, if they are not? YOU be YOU and let the rest of us be US. :coffee:

When it is safe and it will not be safe until we start to do something about covid. Even when we get the vaccine, we need to continue to be safe until about 70% of the population is vaccinated. And i will say it again, if trump had lead, I would already be able go out, but failing to do that keeps me at home.
I can guarantee you that 70% of the US population will not be vaccinated. Your "leaders" are telling the public not to take a vaccine.

Because they want to.

Because they were lied to that there would be free prostate exams at the rally.

It's all part of the "**** you, libbo scientists" trumpist movement. They're literally killing themselves to troll liberals! Poor f'ers!

If Trump had lead the nation instead of sitting on his butt, maybe we could have controlled the spread and I could be going out to some of those things. Instead of telling everyone not to wear masks and the epidemic was almost over, he had been an example for his followers, I could go out and do those things. The problem is he set the tone for his followers and here we are, the country with the worst outbreak in the world.

:rolleyes:

If the Democrats hadn't been hampering his Presidency with a baseless Impeachment he could have been more "focused."

If his "science advisors" had been more "certain" in their knowledge and advice he might have had better "guidance."

If he hadn't initiated travel bans the death toll might have been even greater.

If State Governors like Cuomo hadn't ordered Nursing Homes to take in the ill, fewer people would have died.

If the WHO hadn't bought into Chinese misinformation about transmission more people would have been saved.

If wishes were fishes....

One can second guess, play armchair general, and lay all the blame one "wishes"... That does not mean your narrative is valid. :coffee:

News flash......more and more 40 year olds are showing up in hospital ICU's are morgues.

I can guarantee you that 70% of the US population will not be vaccinated. Your "leaders" are telling the public not to take a vaccine.
Actually that is not true and you know it. Trumpsters like to take things out of context and try and use it. What they said is that we should wait until the scientists say it is safe and not trump and his cronies. Instead of trying to push a vaccine out there before the scientists say it is safe is one way to keep people from taking it.

Do you have some proof of that?

I think for some older folks, it's just another thing they refuse to miss out on, despite covid. I've seen people in their 70's and 80's at the pool this summer, and at the gym now. I see them at the grocery store and getting mani/pedis.
I don't know what's not to understand about personal choices.

Seriously? OK. When there is a real, tested vaccine. I'm 65, the wife is 66. She has some issues and I'm not sure she could survive a bout of Covid. Since February, I have worked from home. I have done all the shopping, she only leaves the house for doctor's appointments. She had surgery to replace a shoulder last week. While we could care less about baseball and concerts, we have made it a point to order out from the few places available here. (we live very rural). There is no delivery of any kind so we have to drive at least 12 miles to pick up.
I do what I have to do. I do not take any more risk than I have to.
I do not care about your risk. That is your problem.
Do not try to expose me to any more risk than I need to take to do my job. I will avoid you and do what I need to do.
Oh, and those who get Covid? They are going to die alone, without the voice or the touch of loved ones. But, then again, they got to see Trump.

A Vaccine that is proven to work. Why are you so eager to go out and either get it or infect someone else?

Back
Top Bottom