• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can you tell me why older Americans would go to the trump rallies with covid.

I am in my middles 70"s and am very, very careful about where I go. I mostly stay at home with the epidemic in full swing in my state and county. Then I see on the news all of these people, but especially the older ones, at Trump rallies without even wearing masks. Today it was in Florida and the covid is once again heating up in that state. I know younger people feel invulnerable, but older people are not. 79% of all deaths in the country are those over 65 and most of the older people I saw at the Trump rally in the audience were much older than 65. So can you tell me why they would risk their lives just to cheer anyone, even the person they want as the next president? I just do not understand. explain it to me please.

I hate to be blunt, but any old person walking around without a mask and cheering for Trump is a total ****ing idiot.

A Vaccine that is proven to work. Why are you so eager to go out and either get it or infect someone else?
Orrrrrr....not get it or infect someone else, which is what happens the VAST majority of the time.
It's not like h1n1 which infected 60 million Americans!

I think for some older folks, it's just another thing they refuse to miss out on, despite covid. I've seen people in their 70's and 80's at the pool this summer, and at the gym now. I see them at the grocery store and getting mani/pedis.
I don't know what's not to understand about personal choices.
How difficult is it to understand that "personal choices" spread the virus?

Seriously? OK. When there is a real, tested vaccine. I'm 65, the wife is 66. She has some issues and I'm not sure she could survive a bout of Covid. Since February, I have worked from home. I have done all the shopping, she only leaves the house for doctor's appointments. She had surgery to replace a shoulder last week. While we could care less about baseball and concerts, we have made it a point to order out from the few places available here. (we live very rural). There is no delivery of any kind so we have to drive at least 12 miles to pick up.
I do what I have to do. I do not take any more risk than I have to.
I do not care about your risk. That is your problem.
Do not try to expose me to any more risk than I need to take to do my job. I will avoid you and do what I need to do.
Oh, and those who get Covid? They are going to die alone, without the voice or the touch of loved ones. But, then again, they got to see Trump.
I wish you and your wife the best.

Actually that is not true and you know it. Trumpsters like to take things out of context and try and use it. What they said is that we should wait until the scientists say it is safe and not trump and his cronies. Instead of trying to push a vaccine out there before the scientists say it is safe is one way to keep people from taking it.

Orrrrrr....not get it or infect someone else, which is what happens the VAST majority of the time.

Ask Herman Cain how he’s doing.

Seriously? OK. When there is a real, tested vaccine. I'm 65, the wife is 66. She has some issues and I'm not sure she could survive a bout of Covid. Since February, I have worked from home. I have done all the shopping, she only leaves the house for doctor's appointments. She had surgery to replace a shoulder last week. While we could care less about baseball and concerts, we have made it a point to order out from the few places available here. (we live very rural). There is no delivery of any kind so we have to drive at least 12 miles to pick up.
I do what I have to do. I do not take any more risk than I have to.
I do not care about your risk. That is your problem.
Do not try to expose me to any more risk than I need to take to do my job. I will avoid you and do what I need to do.
Oh, and those who get Covid? They are going to die alone, without the voice or the touch of loved ones. But, then again, they got to see Trump.
No one is asking you or you wife to leave your house or take any risks you don't want to take.

But only killed 13,000 of them. I swear to God Trumpsters are as shameless as Donald himself.

She said if trump recommended it - NO! If doctors recommend it, YES! I heard it. Again, you're lying.

“But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it.”

Your leaders are telling Americans not to take a Covid vaccine. THat is sooooo ****ed up on sooo many levels.

They think that social darwinism is fake news, just like the moon landing.

:rolleyes:

If the Democrats hadn't been hampering his Presidency with a baseless Impeachment he could have been more "focused."

If his "science advisors" had been more "certain" in their knowledge and advice he might have had better "guidance."

If he hadn't initiated travel bans the death toll might have been even greater.

If State Governors like Cuomo hadn't ordered Nursing Homes to take in the ill, fewer people would have died.

If the WHO hadn't bought into Chinese misinformation about transmission more people would have been saved.

If wishes were fishes....

One can second guess, play armchair general, and lay all the blame one "wishes"... That does not mean your narrative is valid. :coffee:

The most powerful man in the world sounds an awful lot like a victim.

If only he had more power.

If only he'd known sooner how dangerous the virus was, he could have made that information public as soon as possible.

Or something.

A Vaccine that is proven to work. Why are you so eager to go out and either get it or infect someone else?
I don't have it. I can't infect anyone.

Why do I want to resume normal life? I think the question is: why don't you?

I don't have it. I can't infect anyone.

Why do I want to resume normal life? I think the question is: why don't you?

you CAN catch it and then infect others that is the point. Wear a mask and social distance, that’s too hard for trump’s retarded supporters.

you CAN catch it and then infect others that is the point.
And 99.9% of the time, both of us would be fine and be going to another ball game in two weeks. That's the point.

And 99.9% of the time, both of us would be fine and be going to another ball game in two weeks. That's the point.

And that is why Trump supporters are terrible people. They don’t give a shit about other people. They only care about themselves. Ask Herman Cain how he’s doing thanks to trump supporters like you.

And that is why Trump supporters are terrible people. They don’t give a shit about other people. They only care about themselves. Ask Herman Cain how he’s doing thanks to trump supporters like you.
Your "logic" is unassailable. 99.9% recovery rate make us terrible people.

I think for some older folks, it's just another thing they refuse to miss out on, despite covid. I've seen people in their 70's and 80's at the pool this summer, and at the gym now. I see them at the grocery store and getting mani/pedis.
I don't know what's not to understand about personal choices.
One thing that people do not think about is the cost to society and our health care system. Every time someone goes into the hospital for the full covid treatment they cost perhaps more than a hundred thousand in health care costs., even if they die. We the tax payers are paying for their "Freedom" to go out and fail to wear masks and social distance.

you CAN catch it and then infect others that is the point. Wear a mask and social distance, that’s too hard for trump’s retarded supporters.

If Trump supporters are really mentally challenged, and they don't ever wear masks and social distance.... And Covid19 has a death rate of 35+%.... then there wouldn't be any Trump supporters left alive.

So, since there are still over 70 Million Trump-supporters still here, one or more of these things, are not true:

1] Trump Supports do have the intelligence to at least sometimes use Masks and Social Distancing... when it is really needed.

2] The claimed efficacy and NEED to be used, of Masks and Social Distancing is not as effective and needed as claimed by the advocates of such.

3] The Death Rate of Covid19 is not that of SARS, but something much much lower... like 0.3%, making it analogous to a particularly bad seasonal flu.

4] A bit of all three of the above.

Well, it seems to be working for them. Hard to argue with no cost, extra options, profit making, procedures.

-

Your "logic" is unassailable. 99.9% recovery rate make us terrible people.
I suspect you have been listening to trump and Fox. The actual recovery rate is 97.4%. That is not the only problem because many who survive covid have medical problems that will follow them and cost us the rest of their lives. they include heart problems, circulation problems, lung problems and even brain injuries. And the cost of your hospital bills and the cost of future care will have to be covered by the tax payers. So you are not terrible people, but you certainly are not thinking of others, only yourself. That sounds a lot like Trump.

“But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it.”

Your leaders are telling Americans not to take a Covid vaccine. THat is sooooo ****ed up on sooo many levels.
Right, but if DOCTOR'S recommend it she will. She's saying trump has zero credibility and no amount of your trumpist gas-lighting is going to alter what she said.

I suspect you have been listening to trump and Fox. The actual recovery rate is 97.4%. That is not the only problem because many who survive covid have medical problems that will follow them and cost us the rest of their lives. they include heart problems, circulation problems, lung problems and even brain injuries. And the cost of your hospital bills and the cost of future care will have to be covered by the tax payers. So you are not terrible people, but you certainly are not thinking of others, only yourself. That sounds a lot like Trump.
Given your horribly dark and dire outlook on life , good money says you listen to Biden and Maddow.

Right, but if DOCTOR'S recommend it she will. She's saying trump has zero credibility and no amount of your trumpist gas-lighting is going to alter what she said.
That's the ****ed up thing about your leader. If the vaccine is approved by every scientist in the universe by the end of the year, Trump is going to reommend it and she has told everyone not to take it. Dat's beyond ****ed up.

That's the ****ed up thing about your leader. If the vaccine is approved by every scientist in the universe by the end of the year, Trump is going to reommend it and she has told everyone not to take it. Dat's beyond ****ed up.
Yeah, maybe trump will recommend we all shoot Clorox again! Wouldn't that be nice?

Back
Top Bottom