• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can we agree to keep politics out of holidays?

soap box

A Lincoln democrat
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I have neighbors that are protesting vaccines and covid policy with their halloween yard decos. I can't find the picture but they put 2 skeletons in lab coats with huge needles and a sign that says "we got the vaccine" . Its a protest, for halloween.
Is Thanksgiving next, christmas,

I have neighbors that are protesting vaccines and covid policy with their halloween yard decos. I can't find the picture but they put 2 skeletons in lab coats with huge needles and a sign that says "we got the vaccine" . Its a protest, for halloween.
Christmas, don't you mean Happy Holiday! Talk about leaving politics out of holidays. The trend seem to start changing with liberals who didn't like the holidays we had. No Christmas greetings, no Columbus Day, some even politically opposed to 4th of July.

That's rich coming from the side that gave us "Indigenous People's Day".

Christmas, don't you mean Happy Holiday! Talk about leaving politics out of holidays. The trend seem to start changing with liberals who didn't like the holidays we had. No Christmas greetings, no Columbus Day, some even politically opposed to 4th of July.
Good grief, can your side ever not play the victim?

Can we agree to keep politics out of holidays?​

No, because the world is full of bungholes.

Good grief, can your side ever not play the victim?
Now that's rich. It's the liberal democrats who play the victim card on everything. I just stated a fact. I love holidays, my kids and grandkids love holidays. I learned to love them growing up, from my parents and grandparents and the people around me, including friends and other relatives and even the decorations around our neighborhoods and downtown shopping districts. Halloween, one of the best, most fun and always included a large group of us celebrating together. Merry Christmas..

Hmm… is protesting political expression by others OK for a non-political forum thread?

Hmm… is protesting political expression by others OK for a non-political forum thread?
I'm surprised that people used the question to protest against protesting. and that people took advantage of the question to take some personal shots. I thought we were better than that, I should have known better.

Will the war on Christmas be over by then?

I'm surprised that people used the question to protest against protesting. and that people took advantage of the question to take some personal shots. I thought we were better than that, I should have known better.

Really? Wasn’t that exactly what your OP did concerning your neighbor’s choice of holiday decorations?

Really? Wasn’t that exactly what your OP did concerning your neighbor’s choice of holiday decorations?
I was dissapointed to see it, I didn't say anything to them, and I didn't put up any decoratioins to counter it. I wrote the op only because I was hoping our nation could have something that we don't have to argue about. Hopeless optimist, it's an advatage in other parts of my life, but not right now, I see. I was wrong. I guess we are going to have to argue about everything. If I could undo this thread I would because I admit this was a mistake to even bring it up.

I was dissapointed to see it, I didn't say anything to them, and I didn't put up any decoratioins to counter it. I wrote the op only because I was hoping our nation could have something that we don't have to argue about. Hopeless optimist, it's an advantage in other parts of my life, but not right now, I see. I was wrong. I guess we are going to have to argue about everything. If I could undo this thread I would because I admit this was a mistake to even bring it up.
Well, our nation has been going down this path for quite a while. We attack everything from the founding fathers, the Constitution, free speech, to what holidays are racist and inappropriate. Doesn't look like an end in sight.

A bit late. It's been close to two decades since Merry Christmas was outlawed in schools and retail stores.

Well you don't (typically) go door to door getting near strangers on Thanksgiving and Christmas so I think Halloween is appropriate to declare your house to be occupied by vaccine deniers so kids will hopefully avoid the house and not ingest their covid candy.

Not if Laura Ingraham and the professional victims have anything to say about it.

You know how many of those idiots insist we can't say "Merry Christmas" because Obama wouldn't allow it - even though he and his wife did a Christmas message every year that started and ended with "Merry Christmas"?

A bit late. It's been close to two decades since Merry Christmas was outlawed in schools and retail stores.

Nope.

But if you have felt for 20 years you could not say Merry Christmas or face punishment it makes it even funnier you are now bitching about covid mandates.

Can we agree to keep politics out of holidays?​

No, because the world is full of bungholes.

Not if Laura Ingraham and the professional victims have anything to say about it.

You know how many of those idiots insist we can't say "Merry Christmas" because Obama wouldn't allow it - even though he and his wife did a Christmas message every year that started and ended with "Merry Christmas"?
It's remarkable. I say happy holidays because there are a lot of holidays to celebrate. I say merry Christmas when I'm celebrating Christmas.

What a disgusting and ignorant lie.

Your posts should come with a warning. "Open at the risk of seeing lies and ignorance".

The war on Christmas was lost back in the winter of 2016. Santa Claus was taken out by a SAM flying over North Korea based on radar provided by the Obama admin

He has been replaced by Satan Claws, who is waiting to bring the gift of slaughter on Christmas Eve to all the good kids, and feasts of liver to the bad

No way.

As a liberal myself and a proud member of the unwoke I'm with you on such things as avoiding the word Christmas. Etc.

It's remarkable. I say happy holidays because there are a lot of holidays to celebrate. I say merry Christmas when I'm celebrating Christmas.
And yet so many are easily ( or actively looking to be) offended by the above; and on the other side of that coin, if you say happy holidays to some that observe Christmas, they become offended because you didnt say "Merry Christmas".
We live in a world of bungholes and professional victims....its enough to to a soft hearted person like myself into a hardened cynic.

Well, how about this one -Our neighborhood has a fb page and someone posted a proposal that we should celebrate Halloween on the last Saturday of Oct. They said the kids could stay up since it wasn't a school night and teachers would appreciate not having kids who didn't quite sleep off their sugar high . They also said it would be better for the economy, since people would throw more parties, and buy more if H parties were always on a saturday. That was three days ago and the replies are still piling up. maybe like 8 to 1 against the idea and full of accusations and insulting posts. I didn't think folks cared that much, but i guess they do. They just suggested changing the date and people freaked. So what do you think of that?

Back
Top Bottom