• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the government require you to have an ID to exercise your rights?

Castle Rock?

So a guy calls into Heart FM Radio...he gets a voice on the other end of the line that says
"Congratulations on being the 100th caller of the day, you've been entered into competition with a prize worth $10,000"
"All you have to do is answer a simple question, and it's a geography question"
"Great" says the man, "I have a degree in geography and I've taught geography at high school for 10 years"
"OK" says the voice, "For two all-inclusive, VIP tickets, to the Green Bay Packers opening game of the season, what is the capital of France?"
"Cleveland" says the man.

Nope, you made an assertion about British politics that was/is completely wrong, but are not man enough to own it.

You have been made to look foolish and lost every point you've tried to make...and rather than admit you're wrong, you wimp out with some "not wasting my time" BS.
That rant is ofcourse too foolish to respond to. I hope you are having a Happy Thanksgiving.

That rant is ofcourse too foolish to respond to. I hope you are having a Happy Thanksgiving.

Not that it's ever stopped you

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers" - quote attributed to Socrates.

Yes and no.

Depends on which party is concerned, and who you are.
The question had nothing to do with party. Can a British citizen vote directly for a Prime Minister? I already know the answer, but wonder if you do.

The question had nothing to do with party. Can a British citizen vote directly for a Prime Minister? I already know the answer, but wonder if you do.

Yes it does, as you would know if you knew anything about British politics
Which clearly you don't.

Yes it does, as you would know if you knew anything about British politics
Which clearly you don't.
I know what you are afraid to admit...that British voters do not directly vote for the Prime Minister.

Ordinary people can vote directly for the prime minister, in the UK, depending on which party is concerned, and under certain circumstances.

All rights are given by law.

Because unless they are given by law, they can easily be taken away.

But if a right ***IS*** granted by law to you, it remains your right even if local politicians/law enforcement/public employees, try to take them away. Which is where you erred earlier.

Because unless they are given by law, they can easily be taken away.

But if a right ***IS*** granted by law to you, it remains your right even if local politicians/law enforcement/public employees, try to take them away. Which is where you erred earlier.

All rights come from the governments that have authority to enforce them within their jurisdictional boundaries. So if a state doesn't grant a right within its borders you don't have that right within its borders. They are not taking away anything, they aren't granting it.

Back
Top Bottom