• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the government require you to have an ID to exercise your rights?

Yes I did, and you could argue that there's been 117 US governments (plural).
You are still confusing branches with government.
Nope, there is just one US government at any one time.
There has never been more then one US government
Nope, a portion of the government changes after every general election (do you actually know what that is ?)
A portion changes after every congressional election, however we are still talking of branches of government.
The terminology is right....your comprehension of it is what is lacking.
I suggest you take a course in American Government.
Nope, it's like you have never heard of the phrase "a change of government".
We don't have changes of government, we have changes of leadership.
So when president Biden took over from Trump, it was a change of government.
No. It was a change of leadership.

You are still confusing branches with government.

I actually said that if one branch of the government changes, you could argue that the government has changed period

If you don't agree with this, I also alluded to the fact that there's been 46 leaderships of the government - and when a president of one party is replaced, by general election, by a president of another, there is useually a complete change of the cabinet (do you know what that is?)

There has never been more then one US government

*than

Nope, there's been many
What you mean is that there's only ever been one government at one time.

I suggest you take a course in American Government.

No, I suggest you study politics.

We don't have changes of government, we have changes of leadership.

No. It was a change of leadership.

A change of leadership is usually a change of government

ie: the people who govern the country change to different people

Hence there was a change of government in 2021 when the government of president Biden, replaced that of Trump.

I actually said that if one branch of the government changes, you could argue that the government has changed period

If you don't agree with this, I also alluded to the fact that there's been 46 leaderships of the government - and when a president of one party is replaced, by general election, by a president of another, there is useually a complete change of the cabinet (do you know what that is?)

*than

Nope, there's been many

Hence there was a change of government in 2021 when the government of president Biden, replaced that of Trump.
I am not the only one correcting you. You are 100% confused. You lost on all points and now you are backtracking with spin claiming you actually meant something else.

I am not the only one correcting you. You are 100% confused. You lost on all points and now you are backtracking with spin claiming you actually meant something else.

Part of his spamming routine.

Argue X for some time then argue Y for some time.

Never mind X and Y are complete opposites.

*than

Nope, there's been many

Not in the US by design.

You lost on every point and you are just continuing to embarrass yourself. Own it and move on. You are impressing nobody.

You sound like a former president declaring victory by a "landslide" , whilst the country prepares to inaugurate the one who really won

According to you, the government headed by Donald Trump is the same one headed by Joe Biden (even though the president, VP, and the entire cabinet have changed)
Would you not say that the government of Joe Biden has a completely different agenda with different policies ?

A change of government ?
Of course it is.

Can the government require you to have an ID to exercise your rights?​

How else can the government ensure that you actually have the rights?

The ID issue is best left up to the states. Let's keep as much control away from the federal government as possible.

American rights should apply across the board in the entire country. This would settle the matter once and for all.

An SSN database linked with biometrics would make all interactions simpler and secure.

It'll likely happen one day, out of sheer convenience.

However watch then for certain states to draft laws rendering the federal ID "insufficient" to cast a vote or mail in ballot.

Not if it is left up to individual states, they don’t.

I think what you're trying to say is that people have the same rights across the USA, but their ability to exercise those rights vary from state to state.

An SSN database linked with biometrics would make all interactions simpler and secure.
Says the guy who used to have Bernie Sanders as his avatar.

Nope. Never been a Bernie fan nor had an avatar except in VR.
Sorry. Mistaken identity. He seems to have disappeared recently, as you have become more visible.

True. Some things states can decide for themselves.

Not when it comes to rights that all Americans should have. We had a civil war to address this, but obviously some still don’t think that it did.

I think what you're trying to say is that people have the same rights across the USA, but their ability to exercise those rights vary from state to state.

No, because you don’t have a right if you can’t exercise it.

No, because you don’t have a right if you can’t exercise it.

So you reject the notion of inalien (or "god given") rights ?
Interesting, as that was a central tenet of the Revolutionary War

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Ring a bell ?

So according to you, if you can't exercise them, you don't have them

But we're talking about rights that the law grants, but are restricted (illegally) at state level
So yes, any legal challenge to such restrictions, would be the denial of the rights that you DO have.

So you reject the notion of inalien (or "god given") rights ?
Interesting, as that was a central tenet of the Revolutionary War

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Ring a bell ?

So according to you, if you can't exercise them, you don't have them

But we're talking about rights that the law grants, but are restricted (illegally) at state level
So yes, any legal challenge to such restrictions, would be the denial of the rights that you DO have.

Quote him "rejecting" inalienable rights.

You sound like a former president declaring victory by a "landslide" , whilst the country prepares to inaugurate the one who really won

According to you, the government headed by Donald Trump is the same one headed by Joe Biden (even though the president, VP, and the entire cabinet have changed)
Would you not say that the government of Joe Biden has a completely different agenda with different policies ?

A change of government ?
Of course it is.
I think you are confused beyond help because you refuse to listen and learn. Neither Trump or Biden are governments. They are just elected leaders. Perhaps your problem is that you were raised under a parliamentary system in the UK where you elect parties and the winning party forms a government, This is the United State of America, not Great Britain. We do not operate on a parliamentary system. I would suggest you take an online course in American Government rather then continuing to make yourself look foolish.

I think you are confused beyond help...

No, you've been embarrassed by your posts being repeatedly contradicted
And you are like a beaten orange politician, claiming they've really won, when their defeat is all too visible to the rest of the world

Is there anyone who cares what you think anyway ?

...because you refuse to listen and learn.

Or rather you refuse to concede.

Neither Trump or Biden are governments.

No, but they led/lead them.

They are just elected leaders.

Of their respective governments.

Perhaps your problem is that you were raised under a parliamentary system in the UK where you elect parties and the winning party forms a government, This is the United State of America, not Great Britain. We do not operate on a parliamentary system. I would suggest you take an online course in American Government rather then continuing to make yourself look foolish.

What is true for the UK, is true for the USA in this respect

Tell me, if the UK government can change after a general election, why doesn't the US government change ?

What makes the US government so special ?

Back
Top Bottom