• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can God do anything?

Been to the horizon? How is that possible?

A deliberate misquote or simply the inability to read and comprehend English? I'm thinking deliberate misquote since you already quoted me correctly:

Over the horizon is the sky. What are you expecting to see?

Sorry, but you've proved yourself to be dishonest. You can apologize and we'll be good or I can just consider you to be someone who is dishonest. Your choice.

Giving up on religion is one thing, giving up on one's spirituality is another. Just because we don't understand it, like dark matter or dark energy, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I don't need to understand dark matter--it doesn't affect my life. Someone telling me I have to believe in God is nothing like believing in dark matter. And 'mystery' is proof of nothing.
Red:
You just keep thinking that....
It's matter, which means it has mass. It also comprises some 70% of the mass of the universe, so it stands to reason that you, I and everyone/-thing else encounters it, and that which one encounters has some sort of impact.

Red:
You just keep thinking that....
It's matter, which means it has mass. It also comprises some 70% of the mass of the universe, so it stands to reason that you, I and everyone/-thing else encounters it, and that which one encounters has some sort of impact.

And yet I don't care. Go figure.

Can omnipotent God literally do and be anything?
  • Can God commit suicide?
  • Can God, not a version of God, do be in all respects truly mortal?
    • If God can commence existence as immortal and choose to become mortal, how can that choice be undone?

It is well known that god cannot create a soup made from hooves.

In accordance with the prophecy.

And yet I don't care. Go figure.

Of course you don't. Militant atheists are like militant theists: they don't care about facts, only their beliefs.

2nzpgt.gif

Of course you don't. Militant atheists are like militant theists: they don't care about facts, only their beliefs.

2nzpgt.gif

Sorry, I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

Sorry, I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

Since you think "over the horizon" is equal to going to the horizon that doesn't surprise me. Good luck in life, you're going to need it.

Since you think "over the horizon" is equal to going to the horizon that doesn't surprise me. Good luck in life, you're going to need it.

I see. You just like to argue about nothing. Have fun.

It is well known that god cannot create a soup made from hooves.

In accordance with the prophecy.

TY for sharing. That prophecy most certainly had, until now, elided my notice. LOL

I once asked a group of theists if God could cause itself to cease to exist. The answer by all was no because that 'goes against God's nature.'. So, based on that response, if that response is correct.....God is limited, therefore not 'Omnipotent."

I think some people misconstrue the meaning...Jehovah told Abraham...“I am God Almighty” Genesis 17:1...being almighty...omnipotent...Jehovah can use his power to overcome any obstacle to the fulfillment of his promises and purposes...Jehovah is also all-knowing, all-wise​...omniscient...He can foresee whatever he wishes to foresee...these two qualities make it impossible for Jehovah to fail in whatever He sets out to do...

"Jehovah of armies has sworn:
“Just as I have intended, so it will occur,
And just as I have decided, that is what will come true." Isaiah 14:24

TY for sharing. That prophecy most certainly had, until now, elided my notice. LOL

You know it's genuine because I got it from the Elohim. I had to trade them a Yeti pelt and my perpetual-motion brick for it.

All of my words are operative

Classic sangha right there.
Speaking of the resurrection, welcome back, creepy avatar still.

The great thing about make believe entities is that they can be or do anything we want.

Back
Top Bottom