• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can God do anything?

Truth is the opposite of a lie...

What is a lie? Wait, don't tell me, the opposite of truth. in other words, you don't know. If you believe a lie, how do you know it is a lie? Actually the opposite of truth is untruth, which is different than a lie. We are talking about truth in the philosophical sense, not the April Fool's day sense. If someone tells you your shoe is untied but it isn't, that is a lie. But if it is untied, that is true, but not a truth. Religious truths are not the opposite of lies, they are truths unto themselves. It doesn't mean a different interpretation is a lie. That's not how this stuff works.

What is a lie? Wait, don't tell me, the opposite of truth. in other words, you don't know. If you believe a lie, how do you know it is a lie? Actually the opposite of truth is untruth, which is different than a lie. We are talking about truth in the philosophical sense, not the April Fool's day sense. If someone tells you your shoe is untied but it isn't, that is a lie. But if it is untied, that is true, but not a truth. Religious truths are not the opposite of lies, they are truths unto themselves. It doesn't mean a different interpretation is a lie. That's not how this stuff works.

I know a lie when I hear it and I know the truth when I hear it...do you?

I know a lie when I hear it and I know the truth when I hear it...do you?

No, what you claim is not true. You only have your opinion of it, not perfect knowledge of it

Truth is the opposite of a lie...

Then, can you show that what you believe is not a lie?

Not tell yourself, but show others.

Back
Top Bottom