• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a male understand what it's like to be a female?

Can a male understand what it's like to be a female?

• Total voters
Not at all. I just can't help to notice that people like you blast men for their faults and never say a word about women and their faults. Aren't liberals like you all about equal treatment? Well, maybe you should practice it from time to time. :lol:
Hen..., blasting others is NOT a liberal or conservative thing ..its a human trait, that some have in excess(the Donald) ..
Fully equal treatment ?
Please do not be so obtuse , this is a thing that cannot be ..

Women give birth. Do men?
Women can get pregnant. Can men?
Do men get periods?
Do men have sexualized breasts?

How have women been treated over the centuries compared to men?

How are women treated in the work place compared to men?

How are women treated in many situations compared to men?

Do you think men can understand that?

Gender roles? How society views what a woman "should be" ? How women are treated if they don't conform to those roles and models?

Well you sure do sound like you understand women, so there's your answer!

When I was in school in England many eons ago, my science teacher said his mother in law said "it's like trying to pass a golf ball out of your penis" :shock:

Well, women's bodies are built to give birth, a man's penis is not built to do that. So, I don't want to hear anything about "pass this through that, then you'll know what it's like... blah, blah, blah." No, wrong.

We men can never understand what it's like to be a woman, never. Men are from Mars, Women from Venus.

Trust me on this one. I've been married to one for nearly fifty years now, and raised one to adulthood. We men have no clue.

Vive la differance!

The-book-entitled-Understanding-Women-has-finally-arrived-in-book-stores.-500x345.jpg

When I was in school in England many eons ago, my science teacher said his mother in law said "it's like trying to pass a golf ball out of your penis" :shock:

I hate when people make comparisons based on their own ignorance of anatomy. The woman's body is made to give birth, a penis is not made to pass a golf ball. Passing a golf ball through a penis would destroy the organ considerably, while passing a baby through a vagina does not.

Also, there is considerable evidence to suggest that the pain helps women during child birth, so again, the entire line of reasoning is stupid.

I don't think inflicting pain or suggesting a painful experience is a good way to teach someone how to understand what it's like to be a certain type of person. Why would you want to spread pain in order to promote your painful agenda?

I don't think inflicting pain or suggesting a painful experience is a good way to teach someone how to understand what it's like to be a certain type of person. Why would you want to spread pain in order to promote your painful agenda?

Really, what is that even about? It's like those women that promote men use those machines that cause them pain that is thought to be similar to child birth. Why would anyone even endorse that? What kind of ****ed up mentality is that?

Do men get periods?

Gender roles? How society views what a woman "should be" ? How women are treated if they don't conform to those roles and models?

Well men can probably understand these things as like a concept, but maybe they don't 100% understand the "experience".

because people like to use the line: "now you know how I felt" thinking that if another experiences it, that it will be the same and promote understanding, peace and harmony...it does sometimes

other times it doesn't...which is exactly why saying one gender can never understand another gender is a divisive way to approach the world

Well this poll is certainly food for thought. I have a few more questions I would like to pose for you all.

• Can a female ever understand men?
  • Is the following sentence true: "If you are studying it, then you are far from the Way."[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • Is a thread about how men understand women a good way to get women to learn about how men feel about them?
  • Can we learn about women by talking to older men who have known a particular woman for a long period of time, if we can't be sure they aren't senile?

1. Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas R. Hofstadter p 188

Simple question. What say you?

Well, you and your leftist comrades promote the concept of "trans genderism", so I believe you've already answered your own question. ;)

No, and why would I want to? I satisfied to just appreciate women.

Do men get periods?

I call B.S. Men have their issues, too, that women will never understand.

Women are designed to give birth. Plus, if it's soooo bad, and you've had more than one, your point is dismissed. It couldn't have been that bad.

Men may not have periods, but can suffer erectile dysfunction, especially more prone after 40, and the implication is always that you're no longer a "real man". Women can have arousal issues, too, but can generally still perform, albeit sometimes with an aid of some sort.

And that "real man" societal expectation goes beyond the bedroom. Don't measure up, and you're looked down upon by both men ad women. Men are treated very shabbily if they don't conform to their role expectations, too.

Spare me the "poor us" crap. Being a man isn't always paradise, either.

Men may not have periods, but can suffer erectile dysfunction, especially more prone after 40, and the implication is always that you're no longer a "real man". Women can have arousal issues, too, but can generally still perform, albeit sometimes with an aid of some sort.

Women mock men for ED too. If anyone doubts me on this just pay attention in the coming months and you will see it plenty. I wonder what would happen if a man mocked a woman for some sexual problem. Oh wait...I know.

I'm not surprised at all, but I do think it's quite odd how so many people chose to twist simple questions and statements into so many unintended things.

People are making assumptions that aren't true.
People are twisting intentions that were never there.
People are just making crap up from thin air.

It's not surprising. It's just odd.

I could have easily asked if a female can know what it's like to be a male.
I didn't. F'n sue me.

That doesn't mean there's some nefarious subliminal plot to undermine men. :roll: Get a grip people.

Feel free to start your own poll if you don't like the one I started, but don't make baseless and ridiculous assumptions as to what the question "means".

Answer it. Or don't. Just don't twist things into something they're never intended to be and then get belligerent about it.

Simple question. What say you?

Let's be honest, brothers. We've never considered it. We never, ever, talk about it among ourselves. Truth be told we love 'em but we damn sure wouldn't want to be one. It's great being a man.

I'm not surprised at all, but I do think it's quite odd how so many people chose to twist simple questions and statements into so many unintended things.

People are making assumptions that aren't true.
People are twisting intentions that were never there.
People are just making crap up from thin air.

It's not surprising. It's just odd.

I could have easily asked if a female can know what it's like to be a male.
I didn't. F'n sue me.

That doesn't mean there's some nefarious subliminal plot to undermine men. :roll: Get a grip people.

Feel free to start your own poll if you don't like the one I started, but don't make baseless and ridiculous assumptions as to what the question "means".

Answer it. Or don't. Just don't twist things into something they're never intended to be and then get belligerent about it.

I commented originally that these kind of threads are always focused on men and never women. It was a comment in a general sense about how these threads are framed. I don't imagine any man not already established as a feminist could even get away with starting the opposing thread.

I call B.S. Men have their issues, too, that women will never understand.

Women are designed to give birth. Plus, if it's soooo bad, and you've had more than one, your point is dismissed. It couldn't have been that bad.

And that "real man" societal expectation goes beyond the bedroom. Don't measure up, and you're looked down upon by both men ad women. Men are treated very shabbily if they don't conform to their role expectations, too.

Spare me the "poor us" crap. Being a man isn't always paradise, either.

Do you think you know what it's like to be a woman? Simple question. Yes or no?

In the USofA, generally speaking, from birth boys and girls are treated and brought up differently. Even within the same family the experiences can be completely different.

Do you think you know what a woman goes through when she buys a car? Or interviews for a job? Or goes on a blind date? Or gets into a Taxi cab? Or goes to a bar?

If you think you know, answer yes. Simple as that.

There's absolutely NO friggin underlying secret intention to BASH men with this question. Just a simple freakin question.

Let's be honest, brothers. We've never considered it. We never, ever, talk about it among ourselves. Truth be told we love 'em but we damn sure wouldn't want to be one. It's great being a man.

:applaud:party:rock:clap:

Good stuff right there. Good stuff.

Do you think you know what it's like to be a woman? Simple question. Yes or no?

In the USofA, generally speaking, from birth boys and girls are treated and brought up differently. Even within the same family the experiences can be completely different.

Do you think you know what a woman goes through when she buys a car? Or interviews for a job? Or goes on a blind date? Or gets into a Taxi cab? Or goes to a bar?

If you think you know, answer yes. Simple as that.

There's absolutely NO friggin underlying secret intention to BASH men with this question. Just a simple freakin question.
Now I really call B.S. Your original question was fine. Then you made the post about pregnancy and periods and so on, as if women's experiences are somehow oh so special and worse than men's experiences could ever be. That IS bashing men, as it implies men always have it easier at all times. Women's issues and experiences aren't always worse or always better, they're just different, which was the sole point of my post... the one that seems to have fueled your :2mad:.

And here's why these types of threads are dumb before they even start: No one knows what anyone else goes through. No one. Ever. Anywhere. Even people of the same demographic don't know what other who look like them on the outside go through for a variety of factors.

Now I really call B.S. Your original question was fine.

Actually his original question showed a strong probability towards bias. The chances he was going to prove it later on in the thread was also pretty high. I realize that the question itself seem innocent, but lets just say experience says otherwise. You don't post on the internet for almost twenty years and not see threads like this play out many times over.

There is more to the difference between men and women than the obvious physical differences. Their brains are just not wired the same as men's are.

Take color for example.

We're currently getting ready to paint the house. Now, to me that entails getting an honest contractor, the right paint, one that will cover well and last a long time, the best time to do it, having to cut back the bushes around the house, and so on. Not so to my wife, no, the main issue is getting the right color.

It seems there are a lot more colors than the ones in the rainbow. Far more than men can even see. Married men can attest to this: Women and hummingbirds see colors men don't see.

When I went car shopping with my brother and law and father in law, we came back talking of models, prices, engines, transmissions, and so on. What did the women want to know?

What color were the cars?

None of the men could recall.

Differences go way beyond what men understand.

You think THAT'S a valid, apples to apples comparison?

Did I post it?

Of course it's valid.

I'm male. I can't possibly know what it's like to be female. Impossible. I can imagine, emphasize, be sympathetic to, but I can't know what it's like.

No different than asking a squirrel what it's like to be a giraffe.

Back
Top Bottom