• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California SB 1160 Requires Recurring Annual Registration Of All Firearms, PLUS Registration Fees

Are you saying that the typical family man who owns a gun is that irresponsible/suicidal/homicidal?
No, not necessarily. I've no such data to back that up one way or another. Do you?

Then you agree with me again. Weird how my argument never changes, but you disagree at every turn until I drag you kicking and screaming across the finish line.
You don't have an argument. You're just a consistent troll.

LMFAO

LMFAO

LMFAO

LMFAO

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
Interesting lack of problem solving ability. Could you even get yourself free from a wet paper sack without your gun?

You don't have an argument. You're just a consistent troll.

My argument was that you can't make statements about individual risks with no more information than general statistics.

Sorry you agree. 😆

Interesting lack of problem solving ability. Could you even get yourself free from a wet paper sack without your gun?
Sure, but I really don't have to worry about those alternative means. I feel for the victims that tried all of them and were still murdered, especially the 'ol dial 911 method...

CA Senator Anthony Portantino's SB 1160 will require gun owners to register their firearms with the California DoJ each year. Gun owners found with an unregistered firearm would be subject to a $1,000 fine.
32.5 seconds after CA enacts this la , suit will be filed in federal court.
The unconstitutionality of this is obvious, even to those who hate guns.

Last edited:
My argument was that you can't make statements about individual risks with no more information than general statistics.

Sorry you agree. 😆
And?

Guns are a major responsibility, and it is about time we treat them accordingly.
agree 100%. Every gun owner and gun user should be fully responsible for their use (and misuse) of firearms.

. . . I believe in heavy regulations on guns.
You're not alone . . . . many people do. The roadblock to heavy regulations of course is the Second Amendment which prohibits infringements of any kind.

Heavy regulations, restrictions, bans on types of weapons, etc., are infringements of the right to keep and bear arms, and the Constitution explicitly prohibits infringements.

And what? My post is self-explanatory.
That's been covered, your post advanced.... absolutely nothing. Congrats on the attempted derail.

That's been covered, your post advanced.... absolutely nothing. Congrats on the attempted derail.

You agreed with what was my point all along, and that's an "attempted derail"??

😆

Whatever could have been on your rail?

You agreed with what was my point all along, and that's an "attempted derail"??

😆

Whatever could have been on your rail?
Lame, I agree. But that seems to be your M.O.

Lame, I agree. But that seems to be your M.O.

Oh, I see. You wish to deflect from your agreement with me, by attacking me personally.

so someone having an illegal weapon and wanting to kill someone illegally .... how will this law affect them ?

violent people everywhere giggles at laws like this

CA Senator Anthony Portantino's SB 1160 will require gun owners to register their firearms with the California DoJ each year. Gun owners found with an unregistered firearm would be subject to a $1,000 fine.

SB 1160 is designed to add money to State coffers, but SB 1160 DOA. It's a nonstarter. It's a blatant infringement on the Right to keep and bear arms, and the Courts will shoot it down before a single penny is paid in registration fees. (pun intended)

source: https://www.guns.com/news/2024/02/1...firearm-registration-fines-for-non-compliance

It's all part of the plan to make firearms ownership as difficult and expensive as possible. In addition to the Second Amendment implications, there's this:

A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113. Murdock v. Pennsylvania, (1943)

A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113. Murdock v. Pennsylvania, (1943
Liberals do not care about the first amendment either.

Oh, I see. You wish to deflect from your agreement with me, by attacking me personally.
You've offered nothing to deflect .

You've offered nothing to deflect .

You're right. I've offered nothing to deflect. Just stood by my original claim until you agreed with it.

You're right. I've offered nothing to deflect. Just stood by my original claim until you agreed with it.
Yes! Anything of substance to add?

Why would I need to add anything once you've agreed I am correct?
Because your 'point' was inconsequential.
Until and unless you make a meaningful rebuttal the discussion is over.

Because your 'point' was inconsequential.
Until and unless you make a meaningful rebuttal the discussion is over.

Rebuttal of what? You spent this entire exchange acting as if you were rebutting me, and finally being forced to admit I was correct.

Back
Top Bottom