• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

BUSH: You VETS, RETIRED, POOR and SICK people will have to pay for Katrinas damage!

Re: BUSH: You VETS, RETIRED, POOR and SICK people will have to pay for Katrinas damag

SouthernDemocrat said:
Or, you could just vote out the congressman who bring home all the pork and corporate welfare. Tax cuts dont keep them from spending. All tax cuts do is insure that our kids get stuck with the bill.

Revenues are going through the roof as the economy has been on a very solid pro-growth expansion due to companies and taxpayers keeping more of their money in the private sector. How did the tax cuts stick anyone with a bill?

It's spending not revenues.

The cuts to the VA are a given and that is my complaint. If you support the cuts to the VA then you don't support the troops and it's as simple as that.

It also has nothing to do with partisan politics. 40 years later we are at war again and the only similarity is the lack of leadership by the Sec of Defense, Rumsfeld is as inept as McNamarra was. Two peas in a pod.

BTW what are those little hammers under my name?

Inuyasha said:
BTW what are those little hammers under my name?

Default ranks...

User 0-24 posts

Student 25-124 posts

Advisor 125-499 posts

Educator 500-999 posts

Professor 1000-1999 posts

Guru 2000+ posts

Ah I see. Thank you.

taxpayer said:
xxxxxxxxxx

I'm not saying that we should NOT help them. I am saying that Bush said that he will have to CUT PROGRAMS to pay for it!

I have a house on the water in New England but I have insurance to pay for my rebuilding if needed!

Do we say the same for all of us that live in the paths of hurricanes? That it is our ignorance for living there? That woud include most of the east coast states and from Florida to Texas too.
Then what about the states that are in the tornado areas? Or in earth quake zones?

Remember, it was Bushs CUTS that made it impossible to rebuild and make sure that all the pumps were working there. That was a FEDERAL PROGRAM just like many other federal programs around the country.

But anyway, I know what you mean, I sure wouldn't have built MY home there!

BTW: Why is it going to cost $200 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans? Didn't most business' and home owners have insurance?
Because that is how much it costs to build back rich neighborhoods, and project housing? I'm sure the people in the projects didn't have insurance! The real issue is should private businesses replace the homes, or should our government? FYI: Businesses don't have to have insurance even if they do have insurance, by the technicality that they can, at the end of the year, declare the disaster as "A negative loss in profit" and the government will pay the business enough, so it can get back on its feet again.

cnredd said:
Default ranks...
Why hammers? Is it related to the declared political leaning? Some have donkeys or elephants, and some have some other squiggly figures. Which is which and why?

Re: BUSH: You VETS, RETIRED, POOR and SICK people will have to pay for Katrinas damag

Stinger said:
So in other words you want money to help them YOU just don't want to have to pay for it or have something government provides to YOU to be used instead for victems, you want someone else to pay for it even if that someone else already foots the bill for most of government.

Why shouldn't ALL Americans pay for it instead of just the 1%?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>>>>>>>>>>>>READ BEFORE YOU POST<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I am fortunate not to be on any program!
Where did I say that I did NOT want to pay for it and I want someone else to pay for it???:roll:
I did NOT say that the top 1% should pay for it all.:doh
I am in the top 15%-20% as far as income is concerned. I am asking that MY big tax break be discontinued!
You just don't understand about the BIG tax cuts Bush gave out to the rich.

Big tax breaks are usually giving out to the rich with hopes that they will invest in new buildings or additions to existing buildings, more machinery, more trucks, more tools, more raw materials, bla bla bla! This is done to stimulate the economy by manufactures investing money into their companys, newer and more modern machinery, producing more goods, research and hiring more people right here in the U.S.A.
IT JUST AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN HERE ANY MORE!!!

The big tax breaks are now being used to give bigger bonuses to the top tier of the company! The new buildings being built using the tax break are being built in FORIEGN COUNTRYS by AMERICAN COMPANYS that got a big tax break HERE. The hiring of more people is being done in foriegn countrys.
The tax break to the rich is being used in FORIEGN COUNTRYS!
So in reality the tax breaks to the rich are NOT benefiting any AMERICANS except the rich!

The BIG TAX break to the rich will do NOTHING for American workers or America.
Lets get real here! Its just a payoff to big business for their support for Bush!!!

So OK! GOOD IDEA! Lets ALL PAY FOR IT!!! RICH AND POOR!
BUT I DIDN'T HEAR BUSH SAY THAT!
Even Repubs in congress are now saying that Bush needs to STOP his tax break soon or else our kids and their kids will be paying for it the rest of their lives!

Bush is the ONLY President ever to enact a tax break while we were at war!

taxpayer said:
Simple checks and balances?
Then why didn't Bush say that he would ALSO "NOT" EXTEND his BIG tax break to the rich also to help pay for Lousianas rebuilding, spreading the load instead of once again putting the load all on Amercan citizens backs?

taxpayer said:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am fortunate not to be on any program!

Would you care to nominate some to be cut?

Where did I say that I did NOT want to pay for it and I want someone else to pay for it???:roll:

Getting rid of the tax breaks for the rich see your quote above, but then if you are rich you can certainly donate plenty more than any taxbreak was.

I did NOT say that the top 1% should pay for it all.:doh

They pay most of the taxes.
I am in the top 15%-20% as far as income is concerned. I am asking that MY big tax break be discontinued!

Why don't you just send it back to the government, they will gladly take it. Else just donate it to a good charity that is helping out.

Big tax breaks are usually giving out to the rich with hopes that they will invest in new buildings or additions to existing buildings, more machinery, more trucks, more tools, more raw materials, bla bla bla! This is done to stimulate the economy by manufactures investing money into their companys, newer and more modern machinery, producing more goods, research and hiring more people right here in the U.S.A.
IT JUST AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN HERE ANY MORE!!!

It's working very well in fact.

The big tax breaks are now being used to give bigger bonuses to the top tier of the company!

:rofl those salaries make up about .0001% of the taxbreaks and are more than offset by the revenues coming into the treasury.

The new buildings being built using the tax break are being built in FORIEGN COUNTRYS by AMERICAN COMPANYS that got a big tax break HERE. The hiring of more people is being done in foriegn countrys.

Just as foriegn countries are building here and employing people here.

The tax break to the rich is being used in FORIEGN COUNTRYS!
So in reality the tax breaks to the rich are NOT benefiting any AMERICANS except the rich!

But mostly here and it's showing it the growth rate of federal revenues.

So OK! GOOD IDEA! Lets ALL PAY FOR IT!!! RICH AND POOR!
BUT I DIDN'T HEAR BUSH SAY THAT!

Who do you think pays the taxes that are going down there?

Even Repubs in congress are now saying that Bush needs to STOP his tax break soon or else our kids and their kids will be paying for it the rest of their lives!

Then they are just as stupid as the Democrats who are saying that.

Bush is the ONLY President ever to enact a tax break while we were at war!

So? Although Kennedy did so while we were in Vietnam and engaged in the cold war with the Soviets. Revenues have soared after each round of tax cuts, they decreased after the Bush1 and Clinton tax increase. So why would you go against historical reality and push for tax increases which would decrease revenues?

steen said:
Conservatives have been busy claiming that everybody got tax breaks.

Yes in fact millions were taken off the tax rolls completely. Are you denying this?

So if we rescind them, then everybody helps paying, right?

The tax cuts that are being targeted for rescinsion are those for the top payers not the lower income groups.

Or were conservatives lying when they made that former claim?

Yeah all those nasty conservatives got together and plotted this big lie but you were too smart for those rascally characters............................geeeeezzzzzzzzz

I am a veteran and when it comes to the military and veterans this president has done more for them then any president since Nixon.......

Case closed..........

Stinger said:
Would you care to nominate some to be cut?

>>>ACROSS THE BOARD!<<<

Getting rid of the tax breaks for the rich see your quote above, but then if you are rich you can certainly donate plenty more than any taxbreak was.

>>>I DO!<<<

xxxxxxxxxx
They pay most of the taxes.

>>>And should pay there share which Bush NEVER mentioned!<<<

xxxxxxxxxx
Why don't you just send it back to the government, they will gladly take it. Else just donate it to a good charity that is helping out.

>>>I DO donate to a good charity! OH YA! I understand all about BIG TAX BREAKS and as soon as you stop staring at Bushs picture and look around you too will understand. They went to the TOP TIER of the companys and to invest in other countrys!<<<

xxxxxxxxxx
It's working very well in fact.

>>>YA! Its working well for the rich while they continue to DROP health care benefits to workers abd INCREASE top tier sallarys.<<<

xxxxxxxxxx
:rofl those salaries make up about .0001% of the taxbreaks and are more than offset by the revenues coming into the treasury.

>>>:roll:<<<

xxxxxxxxxx
Just as foriegn countries are building here and employing people here.

>>>And I do thank all 2 of them for bringing in their modern auto building tech that eliminates the need for U.S.A.workers!:roll: Toyota and Honda!<<<

xxxxxxxxxxx
But mostly here and it's showing it the growth rate of federal revenues.

>>>Where are they?<<<

xxxxxxxxxxx
Who do you think pays the taxes that are going down there?

>>>If you think that Bush is going to cut programs from the rich like (coperate welfare) to fund Katrinas wrath then I have a bridge to sell you!<<<

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Then they are just as stupid as the Democrats who are saying that.

>>>I'm NOT surprised you are even bashing the Repubs in congress to try and protect "GOD BUSH"!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
So? Although Kennedy did so while we were in Vietnam and engaged in the cold war with the Soviets. Revenues have soared after each round of tax cuts, they decreased after the Bush1 and Clinton tax increase. So why would you go against historical reality and push for tax increases which would decrease revenues?

>>>NOPE! Bush is the ONLY President ever to give out any tax break while we were at war!
Clinton left Bush a $1.9 TRILLION>>>SURPLUSS! Bush after only "2" years in office turned that into a $3.6 TRILLION DEFICIT. Where are these "soared revenues"?

Last edited:
cutting=cuts to planned increases in spending on those programs. So, in the end, those programs will actually receive increases.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2004/
Historical Tables, Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2004

Enjoy!

taxpayer said:
>>>NOPE! Bush is the ONLY President ever to give out any tax break while we were at war!
Clinton left Bush a $1.9 TRILLION>>>SURPLUSS! Bush after only "2" years in office turned that into a $3.6 TRILLION DEFICIT. Where are these "soared revenues"?

You should have put a little more research into your numbers; let’s see what it really looked like.

Clinton's highest surplus was $86.3 billion
Bush's highest deficit $564.4 billion and it was $317.5 billion after 2 years in office and this years estimated deficit is $331 billion.

source:
http://www.cbo.gov/showdoc.cfm?index=1821&sequence=0

So after all of his infamous tax cuts you can see we are somehow, someway, bringing the deficit down. Since we all know it's not from cutting spending then what could have caused this decline in the deficit?

Navy Pride said:
I am a veteran and when it comes to the military and veterans this president has done more for them then any president since Nixon.......

Case closed..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>Case REOPENED!<<<<<<<<<<<
YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN MR NAVY PRIDE!!!
Let me try to educate you about BUSH and our Troops and Vets!!!
YA! Like take away our troops hazardous pay and reduce their familys benifits all while they are fighting in Iraq and Afganistan! Bush also proposed to cap the raises for ALL E-1s, E-2s and O-1s.

Bushs preliminary budget for 2005 INCLUDED a $910 MILLION CUT for the Department of Veterans affairs.

Bush planned to DECREASE the immenent danger pay for our troops from $225 to $150 and family seperation allowance from $250 to $100.
Source: Army times, editorial.

Even though Bush pushed for tax relief Bush just cannot find time to give our Troops any military tax relief!
Source: Army times magazine.

Leading Veteran organizations have recommended a $33.6 billion budget for Vets but Bushs administration cut that by $4 billion to $29.6 billion.

The Bush administration has failed to extend a child tax credit to nearly 200,000 military personal.

The Bush administrations 2004 budget proposed to cut Impact-Aid funding by a total of $206 million and the intire deduction will be taken from programs designed to support the education of military children.

Bushs 2005 proposed budget "doubles" perscription co-pay for vets.
Some vets will now have to pay $250 a year to use the VA health systen care.
Source: Washington Post.

Bush VA cuts will close down 7 VA hospitals and 5,000 nursing home beds.

PVA is dissapointed with the major cuts from Bush in adward winning medical and prosthetic research.
Source: Paralyzed Vets of America.

The Bush administration's budget proposal relies far to heavily on budget gimmicks, major cuts in long term care programs higher out-of pocket costs for vets!
Source: Paralyzed veterans of America.

Bush "strongly opposes" allowing guard members to buy health insurance (expanded benefits under the TRICARE program).

Bush has cut programs for the Vets and shut down more VA hospitals!:roll:

>>>Are THESE some of the " BUSH DONE MORE FOR OUR MILITARY AND VETS" you are talking about?<<<:doh :doh
And I have many MORE if you would like to see them!!!

I too am a vet and I thank GOD that I am fortunate enough to be able to afford Blue Cross and that I DO NOT have to depend on any VA hospital for anything especially with Bush at the helm!!!

taxpayer said:
>>>>>>>>>>Case REOPENED!<<<<<<<<<<<
YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN MR NAVY PRIDE!!!
Let me try to educate you about BUSH and our Troops and Vets!!!
YA! Like take away our troops hazardous pay and reduce their familys benifits all while they are fighting in Iraq and Afganistan! Bush also proposed to cap the raises for ALL E-1s, E-2s and O-1s.

Bushs preliminary budget for 2005 INCLUDED a $910 MILLION CUT for the Department of Veterans affairs.

Bush planned to DECREASE the immenent danger pay for our troops from $225 to $150 and family seperation allowance from $250 to $100.
Source: Army times, editorial.

Even though Bush pushed for tax relief Bush just cannot find time to give our Troops any military tax relief!
Source: Army times magazine.

Leading Veteran organizations have recommended a $33.6 billion budget for Vets but Bushs administration cut that by $4 billion to $29.6 billion.

The Bush administration has failed to extend a child tax credit to nearly 200,000 military personal.

The Bush administrations 2004 budget proposed to cut Impact-Aid funding by a total of $206 million and the intire deduction will be taken from programs designed to support the education of military children.

Bushs 2005 proposed budget "doubles" perscription co-pay for vets.
Some vets will now have to pay $250 a year to use the VA health systen care.
Source: Washington Post.

Bush VA cuts will close down 7 VA hospitals and 5,000 nursing home beds.

PVA is dissapointed with the major cuts from Bush in adward winning medical and prosthetic research.
Source: Paralyzed Vets of America.

The Bush administration's budget proposal relies far to heavily on budget gimmicks, major cuts in long term care programs higher out-of pocket costs for vets!
Source: Paralyzed veterans of America.

Bush "strongly opposes" allowing guard members to buy health insurance (expanded benefits under the TRICARE program).

Bush has cut programs for the Vets and shut down more VA hospitals!:roll:

>>>Are THESE some of the " BUSH DONE MORE FOR OUR MILITARY AND VETS" you are talking about?<<<:doh :doh
And I have many MORE if you would like to see them!!!

I too am a vet and I thank GOD that I am fortunate enough to be able to afford Blue Cross and that I DO NOT have to depend on any VA hospital for anything especially with Bush at the helm!!!

Since Me and all my fellow vets in the area receive their health care from a VA hospital I think we know a littl more about what are benefits are then you do....

You just drink the stale liberal left wing kool aid.......

Navy Pride said:
Since Me and all my fellow vets in the area receive their health care from a VA hospital I think we know a littl more about what are benefits are then you do....

You just drink the stale liberal left wing kool aid.......

Let me get this straight! YOU DO NOT believe all those posts about Bushs CUTs from Vets, paralyzed Vets and the ARMY TIMES!!!:roll: :doh

If this is your way of WIGGLING out of the truth then i'll let it go!!!

I am a Vet too, so OUR benefits are MY benefits too and I know what they are and what Bush is trying to do to them!>>> CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT!!!
Difference is that I would NEVER stick up for ANY President that is trying to screw a fellow VET!!!

Consider yourself "WIGGLED OUT"!!!

Last edited:
mwi said:
cutting=cuts to planned increases in spending on those programs. So, in the end, those programs will actually receive increases.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2004/
Historical Tables, Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2004

Enjoy!

NOT SO FAST with the rush to cover Bushs butt!!!!
Cutting ALSO MEANS=CUTS to EXISTING programs!!! So in the end these programs will actually be DECREASED!!!

Enjoy!!!

stsburns said:
Nice work! :applaud

SEE My post above this one. You may want to re-think your Applaud!:2wave:

taxpayer said:
Let me get this straight! YOU DO NOT believe all those posts about Bushs CUTs from Vets, paralyzed Vets and the ARMY TIMES!!!:roll: :doh

If this is your way of WIGGLING out of the truth then i'll let it go!!!

I am a Vet too, so OUR benefits are MY benefits too and I know what they are and what Bush is trying to do to them!>>> CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT!!!
Difference is that I would NEVER stick up for ANY President that is trying to screw a fellow VET!!!

Consider yourself "WIGGLED OUT"!!!

Amen brother.

Navy Pride said:

Case closed..........
That's the worst ****ing lie you have spewed yet. I work with vets, and the funding for their care is cut and cut, and the lines at the VA get longer and longer. The incredible disrespect the conservaties show for those who sacrifice time for their country and risk being placed in harms way is astonishing and utterly disgraceful.

steen said:
That's the worst ****ing lie you have spewed yet. I work with vets, and the funding for their care is cut and cut, and the lines at the VA get longer and longer. The incredible disrespect the conservaties show for those who sacrifice time for their country and risk being placed in harms way is astonishing and utterly disgraceful.

There is already a one billion dollar short fall in this years appropriations. My case is typical and not worth going into but i know how poorly the VA is funded. However in all fairness, it is not just the conservatives who do this, it's all politicians. Once you have served your purpose you are tossed on the slag heap of history. It's a cryin' shame. I am one of the lucky ones because i have other insurance and a supper support group between by family and my buddies.

This has nothing to do with covering Bush's butt. It's how our government works. BTW, the U.S. Congress decides how our taxes are spent.

Back
Top Bottom