• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Core Support Crumbling

Bush's support is going down even more now because of the Harriet Miers pick. There are alot better judges out there that Bush could've chosen. Now the Republicans just bicker amongst each other.

Back on topic, and I must say that Navy Pride is the posterboy for what this thread is about, and why Bush is losing a good chunk of his support. Some on the Bush side choose to quote the Bible, and tell others how they will relish their political enemies burning in hell, but that is not what the Bible says, and Jesus never said anything like that either. In fact, Jesus told his followers to love their enemies. The Bible also says that there is a place in hell reserved for the hypocrites. Unlike Navy Pride, I would not rejoice if he and others of his ilk failed to repent and ended up in hell. I would pray for him, that he receive eternal life through Christ.

Enough of the Biblical side of this. On the poltical side, there are many Conservatives who have had just about enough of the arrogant, petty, and vindictive attitudes of Bush and his supporters towards those who disagree with them. That is the reason for the huge slide in Bush's numbers. Navy Pride did not intend to prove my point by his presence in this thread, his childish responses, and his attempt to hijack the thread, but he has proven it. A big thank you to Navy Pride.

Last edited:
I really don't have a problem with the Whitehouse, even tho Bush is making some pretty bad decisions. I have a problem with the House and Senate. No one in either of them can mutually agree on any one topic. But Bush throwing a dumb Supreme Court pick out there doesn't help either. Bush is showing his fear of Democrats; and Harriett Miers proves that. She has no real judicial background.

Another problem with Bush is that he picks his friends to fill in for an office, instead of qualified people. Which is another contributor to his falling support (Fear of Dems and picking Friends).

danarhea said:
Back on topic, and I must say that Navy Pride is the posterboy for what this thread is about, and why Bush is losing a good chunk of his support. Some on the Bush side choose to quote the Bible, and tell others how they will relish their political enemies burning in hell, but that is not what the Bible says, and Jesus never said anything like that either. In fact, Jesus told his followers to love their enemies. The Bible also says that there is a place in hell reserved for the hypocrites. Unlike Navy Pride, I would not rejoice if he and others of his ilk failed to repent and ended up in hell. I would pray for him, that he receive eternal life through Christ.

Enough of the Biblical side of this. On the poltical side, there are many Conservatives who have had just about enough of the arrogant, petty, and vindictive attitudes of Bush and his supporters towards those who disagree with them. That is the reason for the huge slide in Bush's numbers. Navy Pride did not intend to prove my point by his presence in this thread, his childish responses, and his attempt to hijack the thread, but he has proven it. A big thank you to Navy Pride.

Bush won’t loose too much of the conservative support. You got to figure, conservatism used to be an intellectual ideology. Today, they shun intellectuals. Now, it is instead nothing but an emotional appeal (“liberals kill the unborn” “liberals will not protect the country” “liberals will let gays marry” “liberals will take away your guns” “liberals don’t want us to be a Christian nation”). The group that these types of arguments appeal to represent the largest portion of the Republican constituency. They will always be behind Bush. I have said this before, Bush could be indicted for necrophilia and so long as it was dead women he was having sex with instead dead men, the rednecks and fundies would still be behind him 100%. That’s why his numbers will never go below 30% or so because by the time you get down to that percentage of Americans pretty much all you got left that are still behind him are fundies, rednecks and morons.

Re: Bush Core Support Crumbing

SouthernDemocrat said:
1. Not all Liberals are against the Death Penalty. In fact, some conservatives are especially socially conservative Catholics.

2. Even if someone had a moral objection to the Dealth Penalty, that does not mean that they have any compassion for a murderer.

1.. Of course if you look hard enough you can find and exception to any rule but the vast majority of liberals are against the death penalty and are for the murder of babies in the womb......

2. I am a social conservative and most social conservatives I know favor the death penalty and are against murder in the womb............

What's wrong with rednecks? I find them to be quite hillarious, like Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy. If they want to support Bush, let em'. They ain't hurtin' nobody by doing that.

Navy Pride said:
Liberals have compassion for murderers and rapists when it come to the death penalty.........

You know what the reason for this is? Its because the death penalty is an easy way out for these people. You lock them up and then they sit and rot for 60-80 years. THATS why.

Back to topic.

People like this guy still support Bush is because they back him. The Neo-con's and more moderate conservatives stray from him because he is way too right, and half the time his decisions make no sense.

Donkey1499 said:
What's wrong with rednecks? I find them to be quite hillarious, like Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy. If they want to support Bush, let em'. They ain't hurtin' nobody by doing that.

In 2004 61,000,000 people voted for President Bush.......The most in the history of Presidential elections........Doubt if they were all red necks......

Navy Pride said:
In 2004 61,000,000 people voted for President Bush.......The most in the history of Presidential elections........Doubt if they were all red necks......

But alot of em' were. And alot of Military Vets as well.

Polish Rob said:
You know what the reason for this is? Its because the death penalty is an easy way out for these people. You lock them up and then they sit and rot for 60-80 years. THATS why.

Back to topic.

People like this guy still support Bush is because they back him. The Neo-con's and more moderate conservatives stray from him because he is way too right, and half the time his decisions make no sense.

Well you ask any convicted murderer or rapist when he is walking to the gas chamber if he would rather be sentenced to life in prison and you will find that 99% would rather that happen......

When your executed there is no hope.......When you get life in prison there is alwat hope.............

back to the subject:

So are you saying there are 61,000,000 neocons in this country because that is how many voted for President Bush in 2004............The reason he won in 2004 is becasue he not only got the Conservative vote but he also got the moderate vote........

galenrox said:
Dude, one thing you'll realize is that trying to understand Navy Pride's reasoning isn't worth the time or effort. Basically, whatever partisan right wing view is there, he holds it. Never really explains why, just sort of does.

Gal, I thought we were buds........:shock:

Navy Pride said:
Gal, I thought we were buds........:shock:

I don't think that there are too many ppl on here that like you. I can tolerate your BS. Tho you're not as bad as Canuck, Sissy Boy, or Lucidthots.

Donkey1499 said:
I don't think that there are too many ppl on here that like you. I can tolerate your BS. Tho you're not as bad as Canuck, Sissy Boy, or Lucidthots.

I don't care if whackos from the far left or wannabe conservatives don't like me.......They don't really like any true conservative.............They are blinded by their hate for this president......I am not here to win a popularity contest, just to rebutt the lies of the far left.........

If someone from the left treats me with respect as you have done so far I will return the favor.......When my left wing friends start insulting me and calling me names it means they have lost the debate so they just attack me...........I love it when that happens........

It is the same way with the Kennedy, Kerry, and Dean........Just like our liberal friends in this forum they have no solutions, no answers for problems, whether they be Iraq, Hurricanes or any other issue............Its just blame the President for everything..............

Navy Pride said:
I don't care if whackos from the far left or wannabe conservatives don't like me.......They don't really like any true conservative.............They are blinded by their hate for this president......I am not here to win a popularity contest, just to rebutt the lies of the far left.........

If someone from the left treats me with respect as you have done so far I will return the favor.......When my left wing friends start insulting me and calling me names it means they have lost the debate so they just attack me...........I love it when that happens........

It is the same way with the Kennedy, Kerry, and Dean........Just like our liberal friends in this forum they have no solutions, no answers for problems, whether they be Iraq, Hurricanes or any other issue............Its just blame the President for everything..............

Hehehe... Howard Demon screeches like a banshee.... :rofl

Navy Pride said:

Doesn't mean that they're not morons, or severly uneducated in a political sense.

Bush's views are so strongly Right that people went along blindly, and the mass following helped draw them in.

Its hard to see if without and outside view, but its there.

Polish Rob said:
Doesn't mean that they're not morons, or severly uneducated in a political sense.

Bush's views are so strongly Right that people went along blindly, and the mass following helped draw them in.

Bush isn't completely to the right. He won't even stop illegal immigration. So, looks like what we have here is just another false, and partisan, claim.

Donkey1499 said:
Bush isn't completely to the right. He won't even stop illegal immigration. So, looks like what we have here is just another false, and partisan, claim.

Its extremely difficult to stop illegal immigration unless you're gunning them down at the border. Thousands cross every day.

galenrox said:
man, I told you the conditions behind that. You had to actually read other people's arguments with an open mind, and extend to them respect. Partisan bullcrap doesn't fall under that.

I try but its hard my friend, as soon as one of my left wing friends are proven wrong they resort to their insults and name calling...........When that happens I know I have them.........:lol:

Polish Rob said:

Yeah, so your the intelligent one and the 61,000,000 are just dumb and uninformed.......ROTFLMAO..........

President Bush is far from the right........He has never seen a bill that he did not like and when it comes to the borders in this country he has no clue...........

Just because the majority voted for Bush doesn't make them right. Many times the "masses are asses" (its a marketing term). The masses thought that the world was flat and the center of the universe. Big deal that Bush had the most votes ever. That doesn't make him a better president than Abraham Lincoln. I'll bet that whomever wins in 2020 has the most votes ever, big freakin' deal!

independent_thinker2002 said:
Just because the majority voted for Bush doesn't make them right. Many times the "masses are asses" (its a marketing term). The masses thought that the world was flat and the center of the universe. Big deal that Bush had the most votes ever. That doesn't make him a better president than Abraham Lincoln. I'll bet that whomever wins in 2020 has the most votes ever, big freakin' deal!

Well it may not be a perfect government but that is the way we do it here....I guess during my Naval Career I visited over 100 countries and I found no better one then this one...............I think our government is the best but that is just me.........

Navy Pride said:
Well it may not be a perfect government but that is the way we do it here....I guess during my Naval Career I visited over 100 countries and I found no better one then this one...............I think our government is the best but that is just me.........

Wow! You are now an expert on 100 governments because you visited their countries. Did you visit any landlocked countries?

independent_thinker2002 said:
Wow! You are now an expert on 100 governments because you visited their countries. Did you visit any landlocked countries?

No, not and expert but I have seen how people in those countries live under their governments......

This thread should be renamed "Navy Pride's Core Support Crumbling". Y'all have just been putting him down. That's not very nice.

I know, let's sing this one hippie song I know:
"Come on ppl now, smile on your brother
everybody get together
gotta love one another right now."

Ennnnnhhhh!!!! Gad Damn Tree huggin Hippies!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom