• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Core Support Crumbling

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Bush's base is now leaving him, leaving him as a true lame duck. You would think that the Democrats have a chance to take back both houses of Congress, but that isnt going to happen. As long as they continue to try and act like Republicans, real Republicans will get the nod. The good thing about that is that the Neocons run is finished, and I bet we will finally get some real conservatives instead of the donkeys in elephant suits that pass for Conseravtives in the Bush administration.

Percentage of people who strongly approve of President Bush's job performance — in January 2005 and October 2005.
___
OVERALL
January 2005: 27 percent
October 2005: 21 percent
INDEPENDENTS
January 2005: 23 percent
October 2005: 11 percent
WHITE EVANGELICALS
January 2005: 49 percent
October 2005: 33 percent
REPUBLICAN MEN
January 2005: 57 percent
October 2005: 42 percent
PROTESTANTS

January 2005: 36 percent
October 2005: 25 percent
SOUTHERNERS
January 2005: 32 percent
October 2005: 22 percent
RURAL
January 2005: 35 percent October 2005: 26 percent

Article is here.

Last edited:
Re: Bush Core Support Crumbing

If you get a chance, watch Friday night's episode of Real Time with Bill Maher. Ann Coulter was on and said that Bush is losing his support. She even said that Clinton had the good sense to turn to his base when he was in trouble. :shock:

shuamort said:
If you get a chance, watch Friday night's episode of Real Time with Bill Maher. Ann Coulter was on and said that Bush is losing his support. She even said that Clinton had the good sense to turn to his base when he was in trouble. :shock:

Ann Coulter said that? Where did she all of a sudden find some brains?
Oh wait, she must have taken one of her estrogen pills and there was some brain matter in it.

Old and wise said:
Ann Coulter said that? Where did she all of a sudden find some brains?
Oh wait, she must have taken one of her estrogen pills and there was some brain matter in it.
Here's a quote from her from the show:
On Harriet Miers

"This is the U.S. Supreme Court. It's the third branch of government. Yeah, we do want somebody qualified, surprisingly enough. And I'm second to no one in wanting Roe v. Wade overturned. But, you know, once that's done, there are other cases. And she is simply unqualified for the job. It's stunning that he would nominate her." – Ann Coulter

Then, Andrew Sullivan follows up:
"I have to say it was nice to see Ann Coulter finally get it from George Bush. It was finally him telling her to go *uck herself. He doesn't care. He's the president. He had one accountability moment. It was November last year. She backed him. As far as I'm concerned, she can stick with it" – Andrew Sullivan

One of the main issues for me is abortion and Roe V Wade................She is a born again Christian who is strongly pro life and that is good enough for me...........I just hope before I kick the bucket that murderous law that kills innocent, defenseless babies in the womb is overturned.......

Navy Pride said:
One of the main issues for me is abortion and Roe V Wade................She is a born again Christian who is strongly pro life and that is good enough for me...........I just hope before I kick the bucket that murderous law that kills innocent, defenseless babies in the womb is overturned.......

Since they are not YOUR babies it really is none of your business. Women have a right to do with their bodies as they see fit. Your oppinion on this means nothing to them. You have no more right to tell them what to do than they have to keep you from going to Iraq and killing yourself for a lie.

Old and wise said:
Since they are not YOUR babies it really is none of your business. Women have a right to do with their bodies as they see fit. Your oppinion on this means nothing to them. You have no more right to tell them what to do than they have to keep you from going to Iraq and killing yourself for a lie.

I have every right.........You liberals have all the compassion in the world for murderers and rapists when it comes to the death penalty but when it comes to the unborn, innocent baby in the womb who has committed no crime you say kill them..........Your disgusting!!!!

Navy Pride said:
What on earth are you going on about? This has nothing to do with the thread at hand here.

shuamort said:
What on earth are you going on about? This has nothing to do with the thread at hand here.

I believe someone brought up his supreme court nominee and I was saying why I supported her.........

Navy Pride said:
I have every right.........You liberals have all the compassion in the world for murderers and rapists when it comes to the death penalty but when it comes to the unborn, innocent baby in the womb who has committed no crime you say kill them..........Your disgusting!!!!

And you cons have all the compassion in the world for a slug of biological material with none of the characteristics of sentience and humanity, yet when it comes to the rights of full citizens, you could care less. You're twice as disgusting. But, we could take this issue up on a more appropriate thread.

jallman said:
And you cons have all the compassion in the world for a slug of biological material with none of the characteristics of sentience and humanity, yet when it comes to the rights of full citizens, you could care less. You're twice as disgusting. But, we could take this issue up on a more appropriate thread.
Thank you...:roll:

jallman said:

Your probably not a God fearing person so you can talk about a baby in the womb like that so you can sleep better at night......

Some day though mark my word you will have to answer to your maker for your murderous beliefs...........

cnredd said:
Thank you...:roll:

I am not going to make any apology to the rational conservative body of this forum when I make a post back to Chief RINO. :roll:

Navy Pride said:
Your probably not a God fearing person so you can talk about a baby in the womb like that so you can sleep better at night......

Some day though mark my word you will have to answer to your maker for your murderous beliefs...........

And here is yet another idiotic assumption on the part of stone cold Chief RINO. I, like you, am a Catholic, though I doubt the validity of your claim to catholicism...we do tend to be a literate and intelligent lot....a standard I quit holding you to long ago.

jallman said:
And here is yet another idiotic assumption on the part of stone cold Chief RINO. I, like you, am a Catholic, though I doubt the validity of your claim to catholicism...we do tend to be a literate and intelligent lot....a standard I quit holding you to long ago.

Your a catholic and your advocate murder in the womb..... That is great to hear because you will get yours on judgment day..........

How sweet is is..........

Navy Pride said:
Your a catholic and your advocate murder in the womb..... That is great to hear because you will get yours on judgment day..........

How sweet is is..........

Who said anything about murder? As I said, we can take this up in a more appropriate thread. And it is also good to see how deeply the Christian virtue of compassion runs so deeply in you when you think of all the "bad" catholics and judgement day. :roll:

You are such a joke...but yet, so not funny.

We've got enough threads about abortion, let's keep this one on topic. Thanks!

jallman said:
Who said anything about murder? As I said, we can take this up in a more appropriate thread. And it is also good to see how deeply the Christian virtue of compassion runs so deeply in you when you think of all the "bad" catholics and judgement day. :roll:

You are such a joke...but yet, so not funny.

Well when you kill innocent babies in the womb its murder......That is what the Catholic Church teaches.........You will get your just due for your hatred of the unborn on judgment day and I pray I am around to see it...........

galenrox said:
We've been over this, the second you say "You liberals" you might as well just stop, cause no one gives a **** what you say after that, cause it's always ignorant and completely wrong.

Galen, he is a Liberal, that is undenialable, and Liberals are the people that believe in abortion....................How else can I phrase it?

Navy Pride said:

The premise behind your assertion is what is disgusting. Who has compassion for murderers and rapists?

Moreover, pro-choice liberals and conservatives for that matter, do not tell anyone to terminate their pregnancies, they merely argue that the government cannot intervene. It’s not an issue that I really care about either way, but I guess I do hold the opinion that Clinton eloquently put forth that abortions should be safe, legal, and rare. Did you know that the abortion rate went down in the nineties and has gone up since Bush took office?

The thing is I think the social conservatives are living in a dream world. Unless the Supreme Court is stacked with total nut jobs like Scalia, Roe vs, Wade will never be overturned in the courts. No president is going to stack the court with nut jobs like Scalia because the vast majority of the American people would simply not stand for it. However, even if the court did actually overturn Roe vs. Wade, all that would do is turn the issue back to the states and more than likely, abortion law would be no different than it is today.

The whole issue really just pisses me off because the Democrats are so damn beholden to the pro-choice groups and the Republicans are so damn beholden to the pro-life groups that the one issue of abortion is the litmus test either way for almost every judicial nominee and both sides, Republicans every bit as much as Democrats want activist judges. If you ask me it’s a hell of a stupid battle to choose. I mean you got judicial nominees who have a judicial philosophy that would essentially make it virtually impossible to enforce any environmental laws yet so long as they are pro-choice enough to ensure that some crack whore can legally terminate her pregnancy at 8 months, they are just fine for the bench.

SouthernDemocrat said:
The premise behind your assertion is what is disgusting. Who has compassion for murderers and rapists?

Moreover, pro-choice liberals and conservatives for that matter, do not tell anyone to terminate their pregnancies, they merely argue that the government cannot intervene. It’s not an issue that I really care about either way, but I guess I do hold the opinion that Clinton eloquently put forth that abortions should be safe, legal, and rare. Did you know that the abortion rate went down in the nineties and has gone up since Bush took office?

The thing is I think the social conservatives are living in a dream world. Unless the Supreme Court is stacked with total nut jobs like Scalia, Roe vs, Wade will never be overturned in the courts. No president is going to stack the court with nut jobs like Scalia because the vast majority of the American people would simply not stand for it. However, even if the court did actually overturn Roe vs. Wade, all that would do is turn the issue back to the states and more than likely, abortion law would be no different than it is today.

The whole issue really just pisses me off because the Democrats are so damn beholden to the pro-choice groups and the Republicans are so damn beholden to the pro-life groups that the one issue of abortion is the litmus test either way for almost every judicial nominee and both sides, Republicans every bit as much as Democrats want activist judges. If you ask me it’s a hell of a stupid battle to choose. I mean you got judicial nominees who have a judicial philosophy that would essentially make it virtually impossible to enforce any environmental laws yet so long as they are pro-choice enough to ensure that some crack whore can legally terminate her pregnancy at 8 months, they are just fine for the bench.

Liberals have compassion for murderers and rapists when it come to the death penalty.........

Navy Pride said:
Liberals have compassion for murderers and rapists when it come to the death penalty.........

1. Not all Liberals are against the Death Penalty. In fact, some conservatives are especially socially conservative Catholics.

2. Even if someone had a moral objection to the Dealth Penalty, that does not mean that they have any compassion for a murderer.

Navy Pride said:
Well when you kill innocent babies in the womb its murder......That is what the Catholic Church teaches.........You will get your just due for your hatred of the unborn on judgment day and I pray I am around to see it...........

Such good catholic compassion...:roll:

jallman said:
Such good catholic compassion...:roll:

Nowhere in the Bible (that I know of) does it say if you abort a child you go to Hell. That's just something the Catholic Church probably invented. I think abortion is wrong, but it is really the choice of the mother.

Mod Note

Folks. Let's take the abortion debate over to the abortion forum.

Any more posts about it and the thread will be locked.

/Mod Note

Back
Top Bottom