• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brooks among those opposing Juneteenth as federal holiday

So you think a FEDERAL Congressman, CONTROLS.....what a STATE does?

****ing eh man, basic civics......you definitely make a case for a need for that in the education system.

I guess you believe Biden can strike down any State law he dislikes right? Why aren't you on Biden about getting rid of it? Just curious.....
before he was a federal Congressman, he was a member of the Alabama State House of Representatives and was a commissioner...so yeah, he had plenty of say on it.

He is complaining about paying for this holiday but not the useless confederate holiday?
iLOL Is that why you think it is hypocrisy? Hilarious.

One is at the State level, the other is at the Federal level.
Two different things. Not Hypocrisy.

It is not hilarious, instead it is rather sad that so many Americans are like you - simply unable to accept factual information.
Wrong as usual and hilarious to boot.
Too bad you are unable to discern between two different things that you then want to falsely claim hypocrisy when none factually exists.
So sad that there are many other Americans that engage in the same idiotic nonsense that you just did.

Politicians here in the United States of America find it necessary, more often than not, to make broad, inclusive statements to their base and prospective voters. Broad, inclusive [Ed.: and unqualified,] statements are open to attack when there is even a single contrary instance. These days, anyone with a 'puter who's familiar with search engines can find politician's statements a happy hunting ground if a search for hypocrisy's the reason.

Many times it's a game with an outcome as important as winning an evening's game of monopoly. This poor old country mouse finds other things of greater importance to amuse.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

iLOL Is that why you think it is hypocrisy? Hilarious.

One is at the State level, the other is at the Federal level.
Two different things. Not Hypocrisy.
yes, his state....and a holiday to celebrate traitors.

Which makes it not hypocrisy.

Not any less traitors than the founding Fathers. The only difference is that the founding Fathers won.
So your comment is stupid.
The founding fathers were traitors against Britain.... The Confederates were traitors against our own country, the US...

You really needed that pointed out to you?

The founding fathers were traitors against Britain.... The Confederates were traitors against our own country, the US...

You really needed that pointed out to you?
Clearly you are not paying attention.
That does not make them any more or less traitors. That you need that pointed out is just sad.

Clearly you are not paying attention.
That does not make them any more or less traitors. That you need that pointed out is just sad.
Starting a war against your own country and causing the deaths of 100,000's of your own countrymen doesn't make them traitors?

You're a hell of an American..

Whatever the color of the sky is in your world, enjoy it and have a nice day...

Starting a war against your own country and causing the deaths of 100,000's of your own countrymen doesn't make them traitors?

You're a hell of an American..

Whatever the color of the sky is in your world, enjoy it and have a nice day...
iLOL Biased nonsense.
Just as Britain was no longer considered the founding Fathers Country when they succeeded, the same applies to those of the Confederacy.

And it was the North's war to bring the Confederacy back into the union.

If they need an economic impact statement to build a bridge, then I see no reason one shouldn't be done for a new Federal Holiday. That isn't a detraction from the worthiness of the holiday.

In my state, which has had the holiday for 2 years now, they closed the driver's license offices on Friday, June 18th for the holiday, and then they were open on Saturday, June 19th--the day of the holiday.

iLOL Biased nonsense.
Just as Britain was no longer considered the founding Fathers Country when they succeeded, the same applies to those of the Confederacy.

And it was the North's war to bring the Confederacy back into the union.

A proud Son of the Confederacy = aren't ya?

A proud Son of the Confederacy = aren't ya?
Hilarious. Trying to cast aspersion on another says more negative things about you than it does about me.
But heck, I'll answer your idiot question.
No I am not. I doubt I have any relatives that were/are either.
Nor do I have any fondness for it.

Back
Top Bottom