• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

I just hope no Americans die because a now-free Viktor Bout sells some terrorists arms.

So why does Griner get out after 9 months while the former marine still sits in a Russian jail since 2018? I'm sure it's a total coincidence Griner is black, lesbian, a celebrity and almost certainly a Democrat.
First do you know the past of the Bad Conduct Discharge Marine???? Did you know he lied about almost every damn thing in his resume??? Do you know what the circumstances were the day of his arrest??? Did you know he had $80,000.00 in USofA currency on him as he entered Russia??? How about his repeated trips to meet with an FSB Major??? :rolleyes:

It is just a coincidence about Griner's bio. It is NO coincidence some will attack her for her sexual orientation, race, athletic skills and ASSuMEd political status.... :unsure:

It is NO coincidence a bad conduct discharge Marine, with a sketchy past and an FSB contact is a bit more complicated than an athlete having some hash oil in her baggage... ✌️

We brought an American home and got rid of a criminal, I don't see a problem.

Very pro-freedom, eh?
Guess what, I can disagree with a law without thinking a person can break it without consequence.

That doesn't make me anti-freedom.

Why didn't Trump attempt to get Paul Wheelan released? At least Joe did something. And her punishment did not fit the crime. The punishment was directed by Putin just as Putin could have reduced her sentence or pardoned her.

we don't know that he didn't

but yes, it was a failure in Trumps administration absolutely, I would be a hypocrite to call it otherwise

her punishment didn't fit the crime in YOUR opinion - it did in Russia and just because you don't like doesn't make it less real or true

Putin knew if he got Griner behind bars, he'd have Biden over a barrel - brilliant move by Putin, very well played and Biden is the sucker here

4 prisoners Obama exchanged for Bowe Bergdahl now in senior Taliban posts​

Four out of five Guantanamo detainees whom former President Barack Obama released in exchange for former U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in 2014 now hold senior positions in the interim government created by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

wonderful isn't it ?

which is why for a long time we didn't negotiate with terrorists and dictators etc .... that's changed

We brought an American home and got rid of a criminal, I don't see a problem.
The problem is that the criminal now gets to walk free.

I don't think Britney Griner or her family care who Viktor Bout is, or what he did, and neither do I.

do you believe Bout was involved in killings ?

if you do - then what about all those families and how they feel ?

Guess what, I can disagree with a law without thinking a person can break it without consequence.

That doesn't make me anti-freedom.

What's your saying here is essentially useless criticism.

This is like you saying there are consequences for women not following Iran's hijab rule. Like duh, of course. Nobody is arguing against that.

How is you pointing out what everyone already knows beneficial to this conversation?

I don't think Britney Griner or her family care who Viktor Bout is, or what he did, and neither do I.
Maybe there's a "wrongfully detained" jaywalker in Pakistan for whom you'd like to trade Ramzi Yousef.

The problem is that the criminal now gets to walk free.
Maybe he's a changed man. If he crimes any more in our jurisdiction, he can be arrested again.

The Biden plea for release of prisoner criteria evidently has not been met by this poor guy. No value added for the Dems. Now if he was gay and married to a man and played for the Lakers who knows?

Family pleads for release of Texas father held in Russia following custody battle​

Trump would have left them both in there because Britney is a gay woman. It would also be a way to get closer to Putin. They share the same anti-LGBTQ hatred.

He would have said it wasn’t his responsibility. Or worse.

It's pretty disgusting the joy people are feeling for the return of Griner. If I was the one stupid enough to do what she did I would still be over there rotting away. She was released because she is black, gay, and a high profile individual. This is all political and yet people on here are worshiping Biden. It's like worshipping a cowboy with hemorrhoids for not getting on a horse. Obviously, Biden was gonna go all out to get her release for the political victory. What is a shame is what this has cost this country in terms of time and money spent. All this during a time of war. If you are her wife or a fan of the Phoenix Mercury I get the happiness. Everybody else needs to grow up.

we don't know that he didn't
Yes, we do. Trump talked about everything he did. Even the ones he didn't do, like healthcare "that would be so much better and cheaper and cover everyone".
but yes, it was a failure in Trumps administration absolutely, I would be a hypocrite to call it otherwise
Good for you.
her punishment didn't fit the crime in YOUR opinion - it did in Russia and just because you don't like doesn't make it less real or true
The sentence was directed by the Kremlin. Just like Paul Wheelan's. One would have to be pretty naive to think otherwise. Nothing happens in Putin's Russia that isn't directed by Putin. That's what an "authoritarian" is.
Putin knew if he got Griner behind bars, he'd have Biden over a barrel - brilliant move by Putin, very well played and Biden is the sucker here
I don't see it that way at all. Joe negotiated for the release of a great American. Speaking of opinions, yours is that Joe is a sucker. That's just your opinion.

What's your saying here is essentially useless criticism.

This is like you saying there are consequences for women not following Iran's hijab rule. Like duh, of course. Nobody is arguing against that.

How is you pointing out what everyone already knows beneficial to this conversation?
It seems "what everyone already knows" is a radical notion and makes me a stooge of Putin to some.

Putin won - he got his merchant of death back

meanwhile, Paul Whelan is still in prison .... sucks to be a white man that Democrats don't care about
you assume a lot
who said Dems didn't care about him
again when a Republican President does something like this the right gives him all kinds of praise
Have a nice day

you might be right - we don't know

what we DO know, is Biden and this administration has worked very hard for Griner and not for Paul Whelan
Can you show us that's true. How much do you actually know about what goes on behind the scenes at the WH or the State Department?

Your statement is a blatant lie. Russia wants a Russian spy in exchange for Whelan. We don't currently have a Russian spy that fits their criteria. Biden did what he could and was complemented by Whelan's family.

Your hate for LGBTQ and dark-skinned people is shining through.

What do you think would happen to a Russian in America who stole top secret and classified documents?
He's not Russian, but you can ask Robert Hanssen what he's up to these days.

Not sure why this is relevant.

He would have said it wasn’t his responsibility. Or worse.
Since when did Trump want to "work" anyway. All he did was Tweet hate an propaganda all day, right up until he decided to attack his own country. That's what he worked on: tearing everything down. That's what authoritarians do.

Back
Top Bottom