• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brexit- Not happening?

Brexit Artcle 50

• Total voters
Then why not simply abolish voting altogether? Don't be ridiculous.

Well if we're going to go all the way...

What if we held a referendum to go back under British rule because the majority of the people thought it was a lulz vote? Is congress obligated to honor that decision?

Well if we're going to go all the way...

What if we held a referendum to go back under British rule because the majority of the people thought it was a lulz vote? Is congress obligated to honor that decision?

Utterly idiotic analogy with absolutely no relevance to the Brexit issue.

Utterly idiotic analogy with absolutely no relevance to the Brexit issue.

I don't see how this could possibly go over your head. Let me simplify it for you. Is our government expected to honor the result of a referendum no matter how destructive it may be?

I don't see how this could possibly go over your head. Let me simplify it for you. Is our government expected to honor the result of a referendum no matter how destructive it may be?

No, better to assert tyrannical rule and ignore the will of the people. :roll:

Everything is negotiable, if enough changes are made UK just could stay.

No, better to assert tyrannical rule and ignore the will of the people. :roll:

So if we held a referendum and approved to become an Islamic theocracy, you'd respect the will of the people?

I know you won't answer that, because you can't bear to consider the possibility that this isn't a black and white issue.

BREXIT NOT HAPPENING... LOOK at the stock market that says it will happen everywhere

Euro Union nation has LOST TRILLIONS with MERKELS Horrendous error.. will she be thrown in jail?

each and every day since the vote.. Uk stock has beat france and germany each day with germany the worst each day

canada will benefit greatly from this as well as america with trading strong with UK.. same with austrailia

for the WEEK after the vote.... UK GAINED 2.6%....all the rest had a minus... France 5.1%.. Germany 5.6%..Spain 8.1%..Italy 9.8%.. Ireland 11.7%...Greece 12.3%... and each of the nordic states in the euro union lost and these will vote to secede from the union and the reason why they lost less..

WHAT a MONSTROUS ERROR by MERKEL...!!!

and how the very young voted shows this issue was a wisdom test for voters.. 75% of 18-25 voted to remain in union which means the others more experienced and wiser voted in a landslide to exit

and the stock markets proves who are the wiinners and losers and also shows if you let unwise people vote a nation WILL BE THE LOSER.. so soon there will be a world wide wisdom test for voters and no more liberalism..

THIS also will bring te conservative states to separate from the liberals states.... WELCOME TO THE CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA

Everything is negotiable, if enough changes are made UK just could stay.

I assume you mean changes by the EU? If so that is extraordinarily unlikely. Just last February the EU made several regulatory concessions to the UK in light of the Brexit campaign. They also allowed the UK to keep their own currency just to make them happy. Their patience is done gone.

Yeah, they're not going to be the fifth largest economy if they leave the EU.

Actually, yes they are and will be. The UK is the fifth largest economy in the world with or without the EU.

Actually, yes they are and will be. The UK is the fifth largest economy in the world with or without the EU.

Believing that requires complete ignorance of the factors benefiting them as a result of being in the EU.

Yes. No matter how butthurt the other side may be - yes. Like setting a broken limb, it hurts right now, but if you don't take it now things will not grow right in the future.

I admit I am NOT an expert on this issue. I've followed it, but not very closely.

But since the vote I detect some remorse and A LOT of backtracking by the Brexit people. IMO a deal will be worked out. And the UK will remain in the EU.
Yes... The Losers are vocal... But that's to be expected.
What counts is the election... The votes... and the votes were in favor of the silent majority.

Yes... The Losers are vocal... But that's to be expected.
What counts is the election... The votes... and the votes were in favor of the silent majority.

Yeah but the MAIN winner, BJ is already backing out. lol

So if we held a referendum and approved to become an Islamic theocracy, you'd respect the will of the people?

I know you won't answer that, because you can't bear to consider the possibility that this isn't a black and white issue.

As much as leftists would love to abolish the First Amendment, this scenario is not even possible. That's two utterly idiotic analogies in a row. Go for three?

Leftists love a vote.....as long as it goes their way. ;)

I assume you mean changes by the EU? If so that is extraordinarily unlikely. Just last February the EU made several regulatory concessions to the UK in light of the Brexit campaign. They also allowed the UK to keep their own currency just to make them happy. Their patience is done gone.

They should all just go home and put you in charge of negotiations. I stand by my statement that everything is negotiable especially if headed towards an outcome disagreeable to both sides. Each side may thrive without the other or each side may go up in flames. I just bought Euros and Pounds cheaper than I expected due to all this news, and let's face it, nothing has really happened yet and likely won't this year.

Cameron fears that triggering Article 50 straight away will result in ~

Cameron realised if he triggered Article 50 as he promised on losing, he would get the blame for the resulting mess. What he did was pass that poisoned chalice on to whoever takes over from him. There will be at least 3 months of economic uncertainty until the negotiations start and even then the basic negotiations are this -

a) you want access to the single market then you have to accept what you think you just voted against. (free movement of labour)
b) see above

~ It should not be reversed ~

Brexit seems to cheer on Americans for some strange reason but your comment about votes not being taken back amuses me. The result is non binding, the main leaders of the Brexit camp have admitted they lied (and challenged for lying in the European parliament) and then the two main leaders have now given us a tragic comedy of Shakespearean proportion.

Anyhow, I've not come across any laws or precedents that tell us we cannot change our minds in normal circumstance ~ let alone when the goods sold to the buyer have been proven false.

Lastly, if as suspected the economy starts to fall apart because of the uncertainty and self inflicted loss of access to our biggest market you think we should blindly go ahead and implement a lie?

Why? Because it pleases some Americans who think this is about freedom

Take Scotland out and we are not 5th anymore. That's the impact of enforcing a vote on a series of lies.

Seems many are upset that the RU Big 3, Germany, France and Italy are in the drivers seat on UK exit.

Slovak PM: Future of EU ‘cannot be decided by a few’ – POLITICO
Fico’s remarks referred to crisis talks held by the bloc’s founding member countries — France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands — and to a trilateral meeting among Germany, France and Italy in the immediate aftermath of the British vote. Those talks, ahead of an “informal” summit Wednesday in Brussels of leaders of all 27 countries that will stay in the EU, spurred criticism from some countries who felt they were being left out of crucial discussions.

“They are angrier than usual,” said one diplomat from a founding EU country, describing the mood among his counterparts from newer members.

1 of the leading Brexit guys, BJ, has basically said he wants nothing to do with fixing the mess he helped create. He lead the UK into battle, and now that the battle will be getting tough, he's bailing out. Pretty cowardly.

So again, IMO. Brexit won't happen. When 1 of the main leaders runs away? Why continue the fight?

In all the gun control threads I keep hearing that FOREIGNERS aren't allowed to talk about gun control in MURICA.

Lot of American right-wingers happy to comment on this, though

1 of the leading Brexit guys, BJ, has basically said he wants nothing to do with fixing the mess he helped create. He lead the UK into battle, and now that the battle will be getting tough, he's bailing out. Pretty cowardly.

So again, IMO. Brexit won't happen. When 1 of the main leaders runs away? Why continue the fight?

As good as un-Brexiting would be for the UK, I am seeing precisely zero chatter by UK or EU leaders seriously entertaining the notion.

As good as un-Brexiting would be for the UK, I am seeing precisely zero chatter by UK or EU leaders seriously entertaining the notion.

the stock markets tells you that exit from euro will keep happening... UK gained while all the ones in the euro fell... losing money harms a nation and they change

You could be right, but now I'm reading Farage, who was another pro-Brexit politician is cutting and running! IMO neither side seems happy with the consequences that the exit may cause.

These guys campaigned for Brexit, but now are bowing out? If I was a British voter I'd wonder why, and maybe have some buyers remorse.

You could be right, but now I'm reading Farage, who was another pro-Brexit politician is cutting and running! IMO neither side seems happy with the consequences that the exit may cause.

These guys campaigned for Brexit, but now are bowing out? If I was a British voter I'd wonder why, and maybe have some buyers remorse.

Brexit is sort of the 99% vs. the .01%. The .01% control the Media ergo the Media pushes the Remain issues to such an extent that you would think that the rank and file of uneducated masses had a change of heart. That is a Mass Media manipulation. Democracy has spoken.

Brexit is sort of the 99% vs. the .01%. The .01% control the Media ergo the Media pushes the Remain issues to such an extent that you would think that the rank and file of uneducated masses had a change of heart. That is a Mass Media manipulation. Democracy has spoken.

Actually with BJ and Farage cutting and running it seems to me they are the ones having the 'change of heart'. Or at least faint of heart. They in no way want to help the UK fight through the mess they helped create.

Actually with BJ and Farage cutting and running it seems to me they are the ones having the 'change of heart'. Or at least faint of heart. They in no way want to help the UK fight through the mess they helped create.

Perhaps they have accomplished what they wanted. No expertise to finish the job.

Back
Top Bottom