• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor decision expected today; Louisville locked down before possible civil unrest

KY AG just stated that Hankison DID NOT FIRE THE FATAL shot, and the other two officers' use of force was justified.

Based on what exactly? What justified suspicion of her?

Based on the fact that she maintained a close relationship with the suspect and he was using her address. Based on the fact that she was managing his money and discussing drug deals with him in recorded conversations while he was in jail. Based on the fact that her car was seen at a drug house her ex used to distribute narcotics. The truth is she was up to her eyeballs in all aspects of her ex’s drug dealing.

Last edited:
Based on the fact that she maintained a close relationship with the suspect and he was using her address.

I should note that the AG (Cameron) made a speech now and he just ended it and is taking questions. He noted that the bullet that killed her did not come from the charged officer. Most likely from one of the officers whose use of force was JUSTIFIED. Hankison is charged for firing blindly. The AG noted that the police DID announce they were police. Cameron is stating that the GJ made the call after hearing ALL the EVIDENCE.

Based on the fact that she maintained a close relationship with the suspect and he was using her address. Based on the fact that she was managing his money and discussing drug deals with him in recorded conversations while he was in jail. Based on the fact that her car was seen at a drug house her ex used to distribute narcotics.

id love to see your source that she was discussing drug deals with him in jail.

let me guess, your source is the city PD, the same people who tried to coerce that boyfriend into lying by offering him a lighter sentence if he would implicate Breonna and help those dirty cops walk?

I should note that the AG (Cameron) made a speech now and he just ended it and is taking questions. He noted that the bullet that killed her did not come from the charged officer. Most likely from one of the officers whose use of force was JUSTIFIED. Hankison is charged for firing blindly. The AG noted that the police DID announce they were police. Cameron is stating that the GJ made the call after hearing ALL the EVIDENCE.

It’s an interesting admission on the part of the police: panic is a justified use of force when you wear a badge.

let me guess, your source is the city PD, the same people who tried to coerce that boyfriend into lying by offering him a lighter sentence if he would implicate Breonna and help those dirty cops walk?

seems like you are more interested in bashing police than seeing justice done

It’s an interesting admission on the part of the police: panic is a justified use of force when you wear a badge.

More so a warning not get between your boyfriend and police while he’s shooting at them.

panic is a loaded and dishonest term.

The evidence they had against her was good enough for a judge to sign the warrant. That’s all you really need to know.

seems like you are more interested in bashing police than seeing justice done

I’m sorry, what should I call three cops who murdered a citizen? “Upstanding members of the force”?

flake

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
a crazy or eccentric person.

I would submit that my views are not nearly so "flakish" as abject servility and to governmental authority and deference to its use of violent force, noonereal. I simply do not believe the police should be allowed to execute no-knock search warrants and simply get away with killing people who die as a result of their malfeasance. If you or I did anything approaching what these police officers did, I highly doubt that the worst thing we would be facing is mere job loss.

The evidence they had against her was good enough for a judge to sign the warrant. That’s all you really need to know.

The evidence that the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia was good enough to get a judge to sign a warrant. So you believe Trump colluded with Russia, yes?

More so a warning not get between your boyfriend and police while he’s shooting at them.
actually I think she was asleep and killed while lying there. We don't know what level of responsibility the boyfriend had. If he has zero connection with narcotics, he certainly was justified in shooting IF HE DID NOT KNOW they were police. AG Cameron suggests that the police did announce. Now if the BF, was engaged in narcotics, that clouds the issue. Ms Taylor's only POTENTIAL "guilt" was being with a guy who MIGHT BE involved in drugs.

The evidence that the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia was good enough to get a judge to sign a warrant. So you believe Trump colluded with Russia, yes?

Actually, yes because the evidence is compelling. The evidence that Breonna was deeply involved In her ex’s narcotics business is also compelling which is why the judge authorized the warrant.

bogus FISA warrants?

panic is a loaded and dishonest term.

No it isn’t. It’s a perfectly apt description. Police are allowed to panic and murder civilians in America and all they have to say is “I feared for my life” and they get to walk.

Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend feared for his life when unidentified men burst into his home in the middle of the night, but he didn’t have the Thin Blue Line of fascists to back him up

I’m sorry, what should I call three cops who murdered a citizen? “Upstanding members of the force”?
you are Lying when you claim they "MURDERED" a citizen. NO ONE HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER. you seem to forget that the boyfriend shot a police officer after witnesses stated that the officer identified himself as a police officer. Now, we can argue all day long about the stupidity of the war on drugs and lots of people who are supporters or enablers of illicit narcotics markets hate what the police do.

No it isn’t. It’s a perfectly apt description. Police are allowed to panic and murder civilians in America and all they have to say is “I feared for my life” and they get to walk.

Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend feared for his life when unidentified men burst into his home in the middle of the night, but he didn’t have the Thin Blue Line of fascists to back him up

well you are assuming facts not in evidence. was he fearing rival drug traffickers? or was he a guy who had nothing to do with narcotics and had a reasonable fear? You seem to want to damn the police for reasons that are ulterior to the actual FACTS in this case

I would submit that my views are not nearly so "flakish" as abject servility and to governmental authority and deference to its use of violent force, noonereal. I simply do not believe the police should be allowed to execute no-knock search warrants and simply get away with killing people who die as a result of their malfeasance. If you or I did anything approaching what these police officers did, I highly doubt that the worst thing we would be facing is mere job loss.

That you are against no knock orders is of no relevance to this case.

The boyfriend fired first.

IMHO you are reacting from emotion not objective in thought

What makes the FISA warrants bogus but the no-knock warrant for Breonna’s home legitimate?
you are confusing the procedure with specific incidents. and Cameron stated that Officer Mattingly identified himself as a police officer before the shooting began

That you are against no knock orders is of no relevance to this case.

The boyfriend fired first.

IMHO you are reacting from emotion not objective in thought

He fired first *at unidentified men breaking into his house in the middle of the night*.

Back
Top Bottom