• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bravo

galenrox said:
I would've been slightly less pissed off, because it was clearly less partisan then, but hell yeah, it's proposterous. I was in my early to mid teenage years when it happened, so I really had no idea what was going on politically at the time, but also considering that I was a hardline right winger throughout most of my teenage years, I probably would've been even more enraged.
But yes, I think it's absolutely proposterous that they set the precedent there that there are questions that the nominee could tolerably not answer. **** that, they should have to answer absolutely ANYTHING. If she was asked by a United States senator during the confirmation hearings the most humiliating sexual position she had ever tried she should be required to answer the damn question.

Gal, it was not partisan at all.. Ginsberg got 96 votes and Bryer got 89......What part of that do you not understand?

galenrox said:
Yeah, I got that, but that leads me to believe that the hearings were even more of a sham because nearly half the senators weren't even expressing their honest opinions. Either way, it was a sham.

Just maybe the Republicans believed that a president had the right to nominate people of his political persuasion to the SCOTUS unlike now.........

Navy Pride said:
Unlike the left wing democratic party who would not even let Governor Casey speak at the 1992 DNC because he was pro life, the Republican party has a big tent and Pro chjoice people are welcome in it..........
Bullshit! Show me one Republican initiative that is pro-choice! No one except you believes the rhetoric you type. Your hypotheses are constantly wrong.

Tell me this Navy? You don't believe that a politician should vote his conscience and also represent the people who elected them? When I read your posts I don't feel like you grasp what it means to be American and what it means to be an American politician.

I vote my conscience, maybe you need to consider that option once before you leave this planet?

26 X World Champs said:
Bullshit! Show me one Republican initiative that is pro-choice! No one except you believes the rhetoric you type. Your hypotheses are constantly wrong.

Tell me this Navy? You don't believe that a politician should vote his conscience and also represent the people who elected them? When I read your posts I don't feel like you grasp what it means to be American and what it means to be an American politician.

I vote my conscience, maybe you need to consider that option once before you leave this planet?

I guess you did not notice at the Republican convention the 2 pro choice republicans made major speeches (Arnold and Rudy) How many pro life dems made speeches at the DNC?

I am growing weary of proving you wrong so this will be my last repsonse to you.......Have a nice evening.......

Stace said:
I didn't follow the Roberts hearings at all, but I did watch a good portion of the Alito hearings....and even as a liberal, I didn't really see or hear anything that would indicate he would be a bad judge, or even really a partisan judge .

You are talking about a man who would allow a 10 year old girl to be strip searched by the police even if she was not named in the search warrant. When Alito was asked why he would allow that to happen, his answer was chilling: "ALITO: Senator, I wasn't happy that a 10-year-old was searched.
Now, there wasn't any claim in this case that the search was
carried out in any sort of an abusive fashion. It was carried out by
a female officer. And that wasn't the issue in the case.
And I don't think there should be a Fourth Amendment rule -- but,
of course, it's not up to me to decide -- that minors can never be
searched. Because if we had a rule like that, then where would drug
dealers hide their drugs?" [http://www.law.umich.edu/library/news/topics/alito/confirmationhearings/transcriptjanuary10.pdf]

This is the same person who believes "that the attorney general should have the absolute immunity, even for actions that he knows to be unlawful or
unconstitutional; suggested that the court should give a president's
signing statement great deference in determining the meaning and the
intent of the law; ";

"While at the Justice Department, Alito said that he “personally believe[d] very
strongly” in opposition to affirmative action, even as a remedy for past
discrimination, claiming that he was opposing quotas and making arguments
rejected by the Supreme Court. At the same time, he proudly touted his
membership in Concerned Alumni of Princeton, a notorious Princeton alumni
group that advocated quotas intended to harm women and minorities.17"

"While at the Justice Department, Alito maintained that the Constitution
permits police to shoot in the back and kill an unarmed 15-year-old boy
suspected of a nonviolent offense, and that the police action was not even a
“seizure” under the Fourth Amendment. The Supreme Court ruled precisely
the opposite, with every member of the Court disagreeing with Alito’s view
on whether the Fourth Amendment applied, and every police group that filed a
brief in the case disagreeing with Alito’s position."

Leave it to Alito and we go back to the Stone Age as far as civil liberties is concerned.

Navy Pride said:
I guess you did not notice at the Republican convention the 2 pro choice republicans made major speeches (Arnold and Rudy) How many pro life dems made speeches at the DNC?

I am growing weary of proving you wrong so this will be my last repsonse to you.......Have a nice evening.......
Do you know who Sen. Harry Reid is? Do you know what his stance on abortion is?

Before your next post do yourself a huge favor and find out...then tell all of us about how no anti-abortion Democrats have a voice in the party.

I also requested INTIATIVES, not speeches by The Terminator! Do you know what an intiative is btw?

I crack up when the rapture Republicans such as yourself call the GOP a "Big Tent" party! Tell us all again how many Blacks are welcome under that tent (not waiting tables, as members) or how many poor people, welfare receipients (oops...you're compltely against welfare right?), how about Jews? Seems to me that the GOP is made up mostly of whitebread eating, white American Christians and almost nothing else...Seems to me that most (not all) Republicans prefer segregation than civil rights, prefer to keep those most in need needy.

The GOP's tent is one they bought from Ringling Brothers, it's a circus not one that welcomes those who are not White or Christian or anyone that is poor.

Couldn't help but note, AGAIN, that you support the sheep-like, ANTI-AMERICAN concept that the President has the right to do whatever he wants (except receive blow jobs or be a Democrat) since you always write that it's WRONG for Democrats to oppose Alito no matter what their conscience and constituents tell them to do.

It's this pathetic sheep mentality that makes the GOP so messed up. It's so sick to think that if you oppose your President you're a scummy, that you're violating the rules of the game!

I realize Navy that if President Bush told YOU that having Oral Sex with Monica was in the country's best interest you'd be all for it, but that type of thinking (for example) is what makes debating with you so intriguing. Afterall, who wouldn't enjoy debating with someone who is so single minded and so often writes brash, unprovable posts that are easily proven wrong? The satisfaction factor in rebutting your inaccuracies is quite high, not to mention that your constant errors in your posts allow so many of us to point out the correct answer and to use your posts as Exhibit A in what's wrong with the GOP and Rapid, Intollerant Religious Freaks of America....

Don't forget to do your homework on Sen. Reid. Your homework is dur on Monday Navy Pride.

Navy Pride said:
Unlike the left wing democratic party who would not even let Governor Casey speak at the 1992 DNC because he was pro life, the Republican party has a big tent and Pro chjoice people are welcome in it..........

Casey didn't speak in 1992 because he didn't endorse the Clinton-Gore ticket.

Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley, Sens. John Breaux (D-LA) and Howell Heflin (D-AL), and five other governors who opposed abortion rights did address the convention in 1992, as detailed in a September 16, 1996, article in The New Republic on the Casey myth.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200504200005

hipsterdufus said:
Casey didn't speak in 1992 because he didn't endorse the Clinton-Gore ticket.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200504200005
Great job Hipster! Of course I guarantee you that Navy Pride will not respond AND he will again make the false Casey claim in threads in the future. Ever notice that some of the most extreme radical right wingers on this board are mostly wrong and when proven wrong with pure facts they deny, deny, deny or avoid, avoid, avoid or even hide, hide, hide?

BTW - We just got a new puppy two weeks ago and we named him after you, Hipsterdufus, his name is KRAMER!

Navy Pride said:
The New Republic huh????? Why not just cite moveon.org.They have the same creditability........

Well, your pals at NewsMax aren't exactly what most of us would call credible, either. If you don't like his source, simply ask for another.

Navy Pride said:
The New Republic huh????? Why not just cite moveon.org.They have the same creditability........
You never fail to amaze us Navy! Regardless of the source these were the facts that were presented. I will list them again for you since you failed to understand their simple meaning...after it sinks in I would like to hear a rebuttal about the facts, not the source...are you capable of such a post?

1. Casey didn't endorse Clinton / Gore so he didn't speak. Do you care to dispute this fact? Do you? Any speakers at GOP conventions that oppose the ticket?

2. Every Good Guys convention since 1992 has had speeches by PRO-LIFE Democrats, every single one of them. Care to dispute this fact too?

OK Navy, it's your serve. Please pull a rabbit out of your ahem...hat...and tell us how the Dems do not allow Pro-Life speakers? C'mon we're all waiting for you to prove us wrong with FACTS....Now what was that about the New Republic? Are you disputing the FACTS or what? Is it that if the FACTS don;t agree with the Radical Religious Right Agenda you refuse to accept the truth? Is that what Republican like you do? Is that wise?

Stace said:
Well, your pals at NewsMax aren't exactly what most of us would call credible, either. If you don't like his source, simply ask for another.

When I use newsmax for a source there is usually a reference to some other news media source...........

Nah, he won't have one........All he reads or listens to is left wing whacko media....

26 X World Champs said:
You never fail to amaze us Navy! Regardless of the source these were the facts that were presented.

Why do you guys keep beating your head against the wall? :lol:
Does it feel better when you quit? LOL ;)

Remember this source from the aforementioned individual?

The National Enquirer splashes this week with a shocking story about Sen. Ted Kennedy’s secret love child with a Cape Cod woman whom the mag says he dated during his days as a swinging single.

A Kennedy family confidante told the Enquirer....

Like I have said in the past, I enjoy the humor here.

:rofl

BWG said:
Why do you guys keep beating your head against the wall? :lol:
Does it feel better when you quit? LOL ;)

Remember this source from the aforementioned individual?

The National Enquirer splashes this week with a shocking story about Sen. Ted Kennedy’s secret love child with a Cape Cod woman whom the mag says he dated during his days as a swinging single.

A Kennedy family confidante told the Enquirer....

Like I have said in the past, I enjoy the humor here.

:rofl

Here you go BWG.......The story on your hero "Fats" Kennedy and it is
not from the Inquirer......Eat your heart out.....:lol:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=126324

Title: Kennedy's Love Child Speaks Out: "I Have Classic Kennedy Drinking Problem"
Source: Mens News Daily
URL Source: http://mensnewsdaily.com/blog/kouri/2006/01/kennedys-love-child-speaks-out-i-have.html
Published: Jan 24, 2006
Author: Jim Kouri, CPP
Post Date: 2006-01-24 18:53:39 by r-u-n-n o-f-t
9 Comments

What started out as a supermarket tabloid story in the National Enquirer regarding Senator Ted Kennedy's "love child" is slowly but surely gaining some traction in the mainstream news media. The senator, who has done more than any other to hold fathers accountable and bring about legislation that impacts on men's lives, is finding himself embroiled in his own fatherly problems.

After the story of appeared in the Enquirer, the Boston Herald in Kennedy's own backyard ran a similar story. Now the largest circulation news paper in the Big Apple, the New York Daily News -- a decidedly liberal news organization -- is running a follow-up story.

According to a column in the NY Daily News, Ted Kennedy's alleged love child, Christopher Allen, appears to have corroborated The National Enquirer's claim that he's the son of the senator.

The newspaper was unable to get the 21-year-old to talk last week, but he told reporters in an E-mail: "It is kinda shocking to finally find out who my real father is." Asked about the photo Wonkette.com posted of him, he said, "I don't remember taking a picture but then again, I have the classic Kennedy drinking problem."

Senator Kennedy's office continues to deny the story saying it's "irresponsible fiction."

Back in 1983, Kennedy, then 51, allegedly took up with Caroline Bilodeau, an attractive brunette, several months before divorcing Joan, the mother of his three kids -- Kara, Ted Jr. and Patrick.

Bilodeau’s friends told the Enquirer the local lass became so smitten with the senator, she “had dreams about being the next Mrs. Ted Kennedy.” But the love affair came crashing down when Bilodeau told Ted a baby was on the way, the magazine reports.

“Caroline announced to the family that she was two months pregnant around May 1984,” blabbed a Bilodeau confidante. “Ted was not happy about the news. He already had three kids with Joan and knew a baby out of wedlock could hurt him politically.” When Christopher was born in a Cape Cod hospital in December 1984, Kennedy was nowhere near the delivery room. But he did, according to the Enquirer, take a paternity test shortly thereafter to determine if the child was his.

After Bilodeau got the results, she moved back in with her parents but “always seemed to have money,” said the source.

Navy Pride said:
When I use newsmax for a source there is usually a reference to some other news media source...........

Nah, he won't have one........All he reads or listens to is left wing whacko media....

It never hurts to ask.

I've asked you multiple times for another source and have yet to receive one from you. But at least I took the time to ask, rather than just dismissing your claim.

Champs, Stace, See what I'm saying.

I googled 'Ted Kennedy's Love Child' and everything referenced back to THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER, including the above source, The Daily News. No one has done any investigation. They're just parroting the ENQUIRER

..The only semi-reputable source I found was the Boston Herald.

The Boston Herald's coverage basically relied on what the ENQUIRER story said:

...Here’s the story according to the Enquirer...
...Bilodeau’s friends told the Enquirer...
...According to the Enquirer...

Oh yeah, the coverage was in the Inside Track section of the Herald By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa

More 'stories' by Fee and Raposa

Belly-bumped Jolie says marriage weighty

She’s under Mick’s thumb, with ring on finger

Hunk Holloway’s not Lost on list

Jen making ‘Friends’ in film world

DiCaprio caught up in Dunst’s web

I'm done. I don't want a headache tonight...

HEHE..about the last statement, you never know!!:cool:

Stace said:
It never hurts to ask.

I've asked you multiple times for another source and have yet to receive one from you. But at least I took the time to ask, rather than just dismissing your claim.

"Fats" Kennedy lovers, please see my post #70.........Thanks

teddg011820062vp.jpg

BOOK IT!!!! :rofl

Navy Pride said:
"Fats" Kennedy lovers, please see my post #70.........Thanks

That's funny, because I didn't say a WORD about Kennedy, now did I? Plus, your other "source" has already been debunked, so would you care to try again?

Stace said:
That's funny, because I didn't say a WORD about Kennedy, now did I? Plus, your other "source" has already been debunked, so would you care to try again?

stace that is what I figured you would say.......Lets face it for someone as angry and partisan as you there is no source that would convince you............You think that perverted unconvicted murderer walks on water..........

Navy Pride said:
stace that is what I figured you would say.......Lets face it for someone as angry and partisan as you there is no source that would convince you............You think that perverted unconvicted murderer walks on water..........

Really? You can read my mind? Or have you hacked into my computer and can see what I'm typing as I'm typing it? :roll: There are plenty of sources out there that are excellent, but NewsMax certainly isn't one of them. And like I said, your new source for this Kennedy thing? Was debunked within minutes, seeing as how a simple Google search shows all stories related to this are just piggybacking off of the National Enquirer story.

Oh, and once again, you think you can read my mind. Nice try, but no cigar, as I could really not care less about Kennedy.

Would you care to make any more guesses about how I think on certain topics? It's really quite humorous...perhaps one day you'll learn what happens when you ASSUME you know what someone else is thinking.

Stace said:
Really? You can read my mind? Or have you hacked into my computer and can see what I'm typing as I'm typing it? :roll: There are plenty of sources out there that are excellent, but NewsMax certainly isn't one of them. And like I said, your new source for this Kennedy thing? Was debunked within minutes, seeing as how a simple Google search shows all stories related to this are just piggybacking off of the National Enquirer story.

Oh, and once again, you think you can read my mind. Nice try, but no cigar, as I could really not care less about Kennedy.

Would you care to make any more guesses about how I think on certain topics? It's really quite humorous...perhaps one day you'll learn what happens when you ASSUME you know what someone else is thinking.

I don't have to read your mind, all I have to do is read your posts....So angry, so defensive, so sad...........

Last edited:
Stace said:

LOL...Stace, that's the whole point. THE SOURCE. Someone didn't get it and probably never will. I could care less if Kennedy has 100 Love Children with 100 different women. It just isn't important to me. To discredit someones source rather than the content, while coming up with The National Enquirer as their source is hilarious.:doh

Back
Top Bottom