• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bravo

KCConservative said:
Of course it is, and feel free to express it. But the same should go for me, right? Why place a restriction on my views?

Because you shouldn't have to be rude, or liberal bash, to get your point across. :mrgreen:

KCConservative said:
Sure, but tell me something. How did I get in this mess? How did calling Kerry her "old friend" ignite such a misunderstanding? Why was that seen as contempt? Is John Kerry someone liberals are proud of or not?

Eh, like I said, I've just snapped this week. Pregnancy hormones make a woman overly emotional, ya know :lol:

Quite honestly, I don't know what I think of Kerry right now. I was always more supportive of John Edwards, anyway.

Stace said:
Because you shouldn't have to be rude, or liberal bash, to get your point across. :mrgreen:
Try not to confuse wit or succinct reparte' with rudeness.

KCConservative said:
Sure, but tell me something. How did I get in this mess? How did calling Kerry her "old friend" ignite such a misunderstanding? Why was that seen as contempt? Is John Kerry someone liberals are proud of or not?

KC, the issue was not remotely involving Kerry--at all. Stace asked you if you had a problem with her after your comment about Kerry. She had been sensing some hostility from you before the whole Kerry comment. I mentioned yesterday that the Kerry example was not a good one (and Stace agreed) of demonstrating your contempt.

All I pointed out was that I had been getting the same vibes from you lately as she had (contempt for liberals). There were no substantive exchanges between you and me. I would make a (brilliant ;)) comment and you would say something sarcastic. That's not an exchange. I would joke with you and you would respond sarcastically. Hence, my feelings that you were exhibiting contempt towards moi. And I didn't like it, particularly because I know what a great guy you can be.

KCConservative said:
Try not to confuse wit or succinct reparte' with rudeness.

lol, sorry, but I don't find too many of your remarks to be particularly witty....sarcastic, maybe, but not witty.

Stace said:
lol, sorry, but I don't find too many of your remarks to be particularly witty....sarcastic, maybe, but not witty.
Touche' Would that be an example of the rudeness you were speaking of?

Stace said:
we'd just appreciate it if you'd listen to our opinions, views, and arguments, before you judge them and dismiss them as "typical liberal thinking" or something.

Oh, jeez, if we have to do that, the game is over! May as well pick up our toys and go home! Go ahead, take all the fun out of it! :boohoo:

oldreliable67 said:
Oh, jeez, if we have to do that, the game is over! May as well pick up our toys and go home! Go ahead, take all the fun out of it! :boohoo:

Don't forget that she's pregnant and women are supposed to be very emotional and sensitive at this time. Now go read my funny joke in response to your joke in that other thread.

aps said:
she's pregnant and women are supposed to be very emotional and sensitive at this time

Being a father of 3, I all too well remember those times! Whew! Fun times!
...going to read ur joke...

KCConservative said:
Touche' Would that be an example of the rudeness you were speaking of?

Nope...just tellin' it like it is :lol:

oldreliable67 said:

Don't forget your Legos :mrgreen:

Getting back on topic............Byrd is a sly old fox.........I heard on the news that he will have a tough battle for reelection this year...West Va. lately has been moving to the right and Byrd knows that so he voted for Roberts and Alito both.........

aps said:
I love it when members of Congress just tell it like it is. Those who go across party lines every now and then get my profound respect (well, maybe except Lieberman ;)). I loved the dems who supported Roberts because he deserved it. And Alito does too. They need to get over the fact that they are not the majority party and remind themselves how compliant the repubs were when Clinton nominated two die-hard liberals to the bench.
So you think that instead of voting their conscience they should simply bend over and get screwed? No! I disagree! It's good politicians like Russ Feingold (only Senator to vote against Iraq war) that make America a great country.

To suggest that a Senator should not vote his conscience and just accept anyone the President nominates is flat out wrong, IMHO, sorry.

Stace said:
I didn't follow the Roberts hearings at all, but I did watch a good portion of the Alito hearings....and even as a liberal, I didn't really see or hear anything that would indicate he would be a bad judge, or even really a partisan judge (since, you know, they're not supposed to be :lol: ). So good on the Dems that do support him....the rest need to stop dragging their feet, because it's pretty obvious he'll be confirmed regardless.
1. You didn't hear anything because he didn't answer anything. I'm surprised you've allowed yourself to be swayed by non-answers! Justice Roberts didn't answer as much as he should have, but in comparison to Alito he sounded like a blabbermouth!

2. I'm again shocked! Just because the vote is a foregone conclusion doesn't mean that you can't vote with the minority! Your post is so surprising to me. Forgoing principle to be a sheep is not what I believe in, nor what America stands for.

26 X World Champs said:
1. You didn't hear anything because he didn't answer anything. I'm surprised you've allowed yourself to be swayed by non-answers! Justice Roberts didn't answer as much as he should have, but in comparison to Alito he sounded like a blabbermouth!

2. I'm again shocked! Just because the vote is a foregone conclusion doesn't mean that you can't vote with the minority! Your post is so surprising to me. Forgoing principle to be a sheep is not what I believe in, nor what America stands for.

And I'm sure you've seen enough of my posts to realize I don't make a habit of being a sheep, as you put it, so obviously I haven't made this decision lightly, Champs. :lol:

SixStringHero said:
I don't think Byrd should be praised. He used to belong to the KKK.

Enough said.
OK, same thing re Bush, he's a drunk and shouldn't be allowed to have his finger on the button...

How ridiculous to post that Byrd's KKK membership disqualifies him for the rest of his life! He was a member in 1942-1943, that was 63 years ago. Perhaps you're unable to admit your mistakes and change your life, but that is what Byrd did....

Hey...come to think of it...didn't that drunk Bush become born again and denounce his younger transgressions? I guess using your logic you can never praise Bush, right?

Stace said:
And I'm sure you've seen enough of my posts to realize I don't make a habit of being a sheep, as you put it, so obviously I haven't made this decision lightly, Champs. :lol:
I'm sorry! I did not mean that you're a sheep, not at all. Sorry! I meant that suggesting that someone should not vote with the minority because it's a foregone conclusion is not something I subscribe to under any circumstances. If one were to subscribe to that logic one (not you) would be a sheep.

Alito is the most extreme right wing appointment in a generation AND he has shown in his rulings he does not respect individual rights, he almost always favors corporations and he's a gigantic believer in extraordinary powers of the Executive branch, not to mention his obvious opposition to Roe v. Wade.

Add it all up and he's one scary dude, and I am personally troubled by his appointment and worry that he will be partially responsible for the American version of the Taliban if things continue to go unfettered. One great way to "fetter" the American Taliban is to oppose them even in losing battles, to stand strong against what you believe are serious problems and to stand up for what you believe in.

It's simple for me, if you're pro-choice you shouldn't ever accept someone like Alito for he wants to remove your freedom of choice...plus the other things I already mentioned.

Deegan said:
I just wanted to express my new found respect for the Senator Robert Byrd. He just now scolded the senate for the "outrageous" and "partisan" way in which they handled the recent SCOTUS confirmation hearing. He received many letters from his constituents, and all expressed their disgust for the way these hearings were handled, and executed. I could not agree more, and just thought he should be praised for speaking up against his party, and doing his best to return the respect this process once held.

Oh, and he voted for Alito:2wave:

If he would have led the filibuster, would you have been showing Byrd in a Klan suit?

FYI - Bob Casey , going up against Ricky "Santorum" Santorum also came out for Alito.

26 X World Champs said:
So you think that instead of voting their conscience they should simply bend over and get screwed? No! I disagree! It's good politicians like Russ Feingold (only Senator to vote against Iraq war) that make America a great country.

To suggest that a Senator should not vote his conscience and just accept anyone the President nominates is flat out wrong, IMHO, sorry.

I will remember that the next time a liberal is president and he trys to nominate a left wing whacko like Ginsberg or Bryer.........

HYPOCRITE!!!!!

hipsterdufus said:
If he would have led the filibuster, would you have been showing Byrd in a Klan suit?

FYI - Bob Casey , going up against Ricky "Santorum" Santorum also came out for Alito.

Yeah like his dad he is one of the few dems who is pro life..........Not acceptable with the base of your party......

galenrox said:
Please do, because the way these hearings are conducted is complete horseshit. Not only they are partisan, but they're pretty much completely pointless.
One thing disgusting I saw was people who made up their minds before the hearings started (both for and against). The next is that it was just political ****ing posturing, democrats talking about how it's the republicans fault that the miners died and how they all love Hitler and whatever other bullshit they felt like saying, and the republicans just gave speaches about abortion.
Doesn't this **** you off dude? Didn't it **** you off when we went through this **** with Roberts and Ginsburg?
And another thing, the media, every single one of them who pretended like Mrs. Alito crying was news should be shot in the back of the head. We are in the process of confirming a man to a job in which he will play a major role in our policy for the REST OF HIS LIFE, and pretending like his wife crying is news is un-****ing-forgivable.
Everything should be questioned, everything about his life should be public to the senate, him not answering questions or talking around them should not be tolerated, and any senators who used this as a platform to get on television, and didn't see the actual confirmation process as an essential part of our system of checks and balances, should be beaten to death with hoses.

Again for the hundredth time did you feel the same way when Ginsberg was giving her canned answers and she was confirmed 96-0?

Navy Pride said:
I will remember that the next time a liberal is president and he trys to nominate a left wing whacko like Ginsberg or Bryer.
Navy....how many times will someone have to tell you that it was Sen. Orin Hatch who suggested Ginsburg to Clinton before you remember the truth? Are you incapable of understanding this truth?

Isn't it time for you to write that Clinton's a rapist again and that Monica was young enough to be your daughter?

I realize that the concept of voting one's conscience is not a Republican trait, but it is one that I believe in, as do my many Liberal friends who make up my Congressional district.

So the next time (I'm certain it won't be long) that you write the same bullshit statement about Clinton, Ginsburg & Breyer remember that Orin Hatch was involved AND that the ***** Republicans had no balls to vote their conscience if they really believed that either were unqualified.

You see Dems will vote their conscience because we don't believe in Alito vs. Republicans who only do what they're told to do by Tommy DeLay, Dickie Cheney and of course Bush's Brain...just like you Navy Pride.

It does seem that most Republicans are actually wolves in sheep's clothing...though some of you are simply sheep.

Wolf%20in%20sheep.jpg

Navy Pride said:
Yeah like his dad he is one of the few dems who is pro life..........Not acceptable with the base of your party......
:rofl You're amazing! Not aceptable with the base in your party you write? So tell me about Senators McCain, Chafee, Snowe, Collins & Specter, are their views acceptable to the base of the GOP?

Yikes! What hyperbole (fancy word for bullshit!

26 X World Champs said:
Navy....how many times will someone have to tell you that it was Sen. Orin Hatch who suggested Ginsburg to Clinton before you remember the truth? Are you incapable of understanding this truth?

Isn't it time for you to write that Clinton's a rapist again and that Monica was young enough to be your daughter?

I realize that the concept of voting one's conscience is not a Republican trait, but it is one that I believe in, as do my many Liberal friends who make up my Congressional district.

So the next time (I'm certain it won't be long) that you write the same bullshit statement about Clinton, Ginsburg & Breyer remember that Orin Hatch was involved AND that the ***** Republicans had no balls to vote their conscience if they really believed that either were unqualified.

You see Dems will vote their conscience because we don't believe in Alito vs. Republicans who only do what they're told to do by Tommy DeLay, Dickie Cheney and of course Bush's Brain...just like you Navy Pride.

It does seem that most Republicans are actually wolves in sheep's clothing...though some of you are simply sheep.

Wolf%20in%20sheep.jpg

I don't give a **** who recommended her..........The point is she is a liberal and was nominated by a liberal and was confirmed 96-0......

Why can't a conservative have the same right?

26 X World Champs said:
:rofl You're amazing! Not aceptable with the base in your party you write? So tell me about Senators McCain, Chafee, Snowe, Collins & Specter, are their views acceptable to the base of the GOP?

Yikes! What hyperbole (fancy word for bullshit!

Unlike the left wing democratic party who would not even let Governor Casey speak at the 1992 DNC because he was pro life, the Republican party has a big tent and Pro chjoice people are welcome in it..........

Back
Top Bottom