• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bradley Manning Did Not Hurt the United States

It had been investigated. Dozens, if not hundreds, of military personal were not in a conspiracy to cover up war crimes and fail to prosecute rogue murderous soldiers. After its release, it was still determined that no crime had occured. Are you accusing the military of a conspiracy involving tens of thousands of people (heck, the entire military!)? The entire military is continuing to cover up a crime?

Are you a Truther?

A truther? Really? Are we suddenly talking about 9/11 now? Are you drinking again?

Oh, and hyperbole much? The *entire* military. LOL. The more I see you post, the more criminal naivety I see.

A truther? Really? Are we suddenly talking about 9/11 now? Are you drinking again?

Oh, and hyperbole much? The *entire* military. LOL. The more I see you post, the more criminal naivety I see.

First, I rarely drink and none today. I don't appreciate your scumbag slander.

The entire military has (effectively) investigated the event and determined that no crime was committed. Are they all involved in a conspiracy to cover it up?

And how am I a criminal?

Last edited:
First, I rarely drink and none today. I don't appreciate your scumbag slander.

The entire military has (effectively) investigated the event and determined that no crime was committed. Are they all involved in a conspiracy to cover it up?

And how am I a criminal?

Slander? You started it with a truther insinuation. If you can't handle taking it, don't dish it out.

Regarding the gunship video - first of all, the *entire* military has not investigated the incident. It was probably a few career yes-men that don't make waves and *always* fall on the side of the military - you know, CYA. Second of all, what is the ratio of the military admitting that it makes mistakes after an investigation historically? Do you really think they're in the business of putting their own feet out over the fire?

And lol, I didn't say you were a criminal, just your naiveness.

Slander? You started it with a truther insinuation. If you can't handle taking it, don't dish it out.

We have Truthers here. It was a legit question. "Have you been drinking again" is not a legit question, it's like "have you stopped beating your wife".

Regarding the gunship video - first of all, the *entire* military has not investigated the incident.

The entire military has access to the video. Dozens or hundreds of military personal have directly investigated. Are they all lying because they want to cover up war crimes?

And lol, I didn't say you were a criminal, just your naiveness.

You said it was criminal. How?

The entire military has access to the video. Dozens or hundreds of military personal have directly investigated. Are they all lying because they want to cover up war crimes?

The problem here: you're relying on their investigation for how you think about what you see in the video.

The problem here: you're relying on their investigation for how you think about what you see in the video.

I saw the video just like you did. I didn't see a war crime. I saw a crew that fired on what it thought was a serious threat. The problem is that you are dropping context (and reason) to present a fantasy narrative of grand conspiracy to cover up war crimes, as if war crimes are not prosecuted by the US military.

I saw the video just like you did. I didn't see a war crime. I saw a crew that fired on what it thought was a serious threat. The problem is that you are dropping context (and reason) to present a fantasy narrative of grand conspiracy to cover up war crimes, as if war crimes are not prosecuted by the US military.

If I was in the crew, I would have fired too, and after learning a Western journalist was down there, would have anticipated disciplinary recourse - mistake or not. The crew ****ed up. But the military polices its own. There's also a ton of CYA. Particularly in the Officer's Corp.

If I was in the crew, I would have fired too, and after learning a Western journalist was down there, would have anticipated disciplinary recourse - mistake or not. The crew ****ed up. But the military polices its own. There's also a ton of CYA. Particularly in the Officer's Corp.

The crew did not **** up. They engaged what was, by all possible measure at the time, a serious threat. War is hell. The Reuters crew, and whomever thought that driving a vehicle through an active combat zone (a firefight) with what appeared to be a heavy weapon was a reasonable action, ****ed up.

Last edited:
The crew did not **** up. They engaged what was, by all possible measure at the time, a serious threat. War is hell.

Of course it is. But so are well intended actions that turn out to be mistakes.

Of course it is. But so are well intended actions that turn out to be mistakes.

It wasn't a mistake. Crews are to engage what appears, by all measures, to be a serious threat. Driving a vehicle with what appears to be a heavy weapon through a firefight was the **** up.

By your measure, anyone could charge recklessly into a firefight and then blame the combatants. That's stupid. The fault is with the people who thought charging into a firefight with heavy equipment was reasonable.

Last edited:
It had been investigated. Dozens, if not hundreds, of military personal were not in a conspiracy to cover up war crimes and fail to prosecute rogue murderous soldiers. After its release, it was still determined that no crime had occured. Are you accusing the military of a conspiracy involving tens of thousands of people (heck, the entire military at this point)? The entire military is continuing to cover up a crime?

Are you a Truther?

First of all, it was an illegal war and occupation predicated on premeditated lies with the "intelligence" fixed around the policy. The policy being that George Bush and Dick Cheney were going to war in Iraq, period. Even though we were never attacked or harmed, not even threatened by the country. So.......every operation there was ILLEGITIMATE and the deaths of 150,000 civilians a huge scar on the US. Secondly, the army/government investigated themselves and were found innocent of wrong doing, hahahahahahahahahaha. I do not understand why there are those people that wring their hands, twist into a pretzel and tie themselves into a knot to defend the indefensible act of attacking a sovereign country which had done us no harm.

Its going to be a long time before this traitor sees the light of day.

Another guy that doesn't know the definition of traitor.

I suppose I'll take that as a no then.

I don't see how what Bradley Manning exposed was damaging to U.S. security, but what today's CNN headline, which said that all nuclear power facilities failed inspections and were vulnerable to terrorist attacks, wasn't damaging.

:roll:

It wasn't a mistake. Crews are to engage what appears, by all measures, to be a serious threat. Driving a vehicle with what appears to be a heavy weapon through a firefight was the **** up.

By your measure, anyone could charge recklessly into a firefight and then blame the combatants. That's stupid. The fault is with the people who thought charging into a firefight with heavy equipment was reasonable.

You keep saying "serious threat" as if they were not gunning down civilians.

The way I see it, Bradley Manning, Edward Snowden, and other whistle blowers should be considered heroes. The American people have a right to know about the horrible crimes committed by their government and/or military, and clearly we can not expect for these things to be handled internally.

You keep saying "serious threat" as if they were not gunning down civilians.

And you need to stop pretending that they knew then what we know now. It appeared to be a serious threat, they eliminated it. That's proper procedure, not a mistake. The only mistake made was morons charging into a firefight with heavy equipment and thinking everything would be ok. The blame is clearly on the Reuters crew and their accompaniment.

If someone runs into a firefight, appearing to carry a heavy weapon, and gets killed, blaming the soldier is stupid.

The crew did nothing wrong and the morons who thought messing around in a firefight is a good idea have been removed from the gene pool. All's well that ends well.

Very calloused people we have here at times. The United States attacks a sovereign nation, that did NOTHING to provoke it and then they get blamed for doing their feeble best to defend themselves. 2 million refugees are created, 100-400,000 innocent civilians are killed (depending on who's figures you accept), billions upon billions of dollars worth of infrastructure is destroyed, the loss of untold amounts of precious antiquities, all over a big fat LIE and we have people calling it LEGIT!!!! And such dismissive talk of the loss of human life. If there is a god...............................

POS?? I suppose we should just kill whistleblowers. Actually anytime anybody pulls the curtain back on government wrong doing, we should just kill them. Btw, Robert Gates said Bradley Manning didn't harm the US at all, but did embarrass us. When wrong doing is exposed it is embarrassing.

POS?? I suppose we should just kill whistleblowers. Actually anytime anybody pulls the curtain back on government wrong doing, we should just kill them. Btw, Robert Gates said Bradley Manning didn't harm the US at all, but did embarrass us. When wrong doing is exposed it is embarrassing.

Although I do not even agree with Snowden disclosing classified information, yes, Manning is a POS. He arbitrarily released hundreds of thousands of classified documents. Not to be a whistleblower, but to seek fame and seem important. He decided that he and only he was the intelligent one to determine what should be classified and what shouldn't be. Manning got off light for what I would have given him.

Whistleblowers like Manning and Snowden need to be protected. They are doing the right thing by keeping our government accountable to the people for its transgressions. I find it very strange that people who are supposedly for limited government power are so agreeable with its ability to keep secrets from us. A government that can hide its violations is essentially above the law. This will not do at all.

Back
Top Bottom