• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bradley Manning Did Not Hurt the United States

What crime?

Are you even attempting to follow this thread? The war crimes. I gave a completely legitimate scenario earlier in the thread outlining how a criminal that pulls the same stunt as the people killing the civilians with video cameras would get a harsher sentence.

The reality of the situation is that the United States Federal Government thinks it's infallible and above the law. A large chunk of citizens believe that too(i.e you). well it's not.

You asked me if I agree with everything that Robert Gates says. I asked you if you agree with everything anybody says, what's so difficult about that? Come out from hiding!!

Are you even attempting to follow this thread? The war crimes. I gave a completely legitimate scenario earlier in the thread outlining how a criminal that pulls the same stunt as the people killing the civilians with video cameras would get a harsher sentence.

The reality of the situation is that the United States Federal Government thinks it's infallible and above the law. A large chunk of citizens believe that too(i.e you). well it's not.

Hey man, he's military, their job is to kill people and break things, he loves it and he's never going to concede the crimes.

Hey man, he's military,

Was military (~90-95) and I'll have you know that I'm also an ecocentric vegan that respects all life and has devoted research (years) to agricultural development in Africa. And I plan to settle in Africa, after teaching HS to give back to my community.

I don't love killing and I believe it should only be done in self defense and the defense of others (thus I don't eat animals), but I do think breakin' stuff (when needed) is pretty fun.

Last edited:
Was military (~90-95) and I'll have you know that I'm also an ecocentric vegan that respects all life and has devoted my research (years) to agricultural development in Africa.

Well I respect that work that you do.

I'm just a Joe tryin' to make a change on another front line.

Well again Eco, THAT'S COOL. But how you go from that to defending, **** never mind, I know.

Well again Eco, THAT'S COOL. But how you go from that to defending, **** never mind, I know.

Democracy gives a voice to those directly affected by environmental degradation. Without that voice, ecology suffers with the people. My militant Dem Peace Theory (my most grating issue, thus my avatar) is founded in ecologic health. Diversity is not only the answer to ecologic problems but social as well, reciprocating in a benevolent cycle.

As Vandana Shiva said, "monocultures begin in the mind and are then transferred to the land". I believe the opposite is also true.

Last edited:
Democracy gives a voice to those directly affected by environmental degradation. Without that voice, ecology suffers with the people. My militant Dem Peace Theory (my most grating issue, thus my avatar) is founded in ecologic health. Diversity is not only the answer to ecologic problems but social as well, reciprocating in a benevolent cycle.

As Vandana Shiva said, "monocultures begin in the mind and are then transferred to the land". I believe the opposite is also true.

I can see you'd rather talk about that then anything. There's probably a forum for that too Eco!

I can see you'd rather talk about that then anything. There's probably a forum for that too Eco!

I thought it was important, in this discussion, to establish that I am not the enemy. I'm just a guy with a different perspective and thus priorities. Knowledge + Perspective = Understanding. Perspective is the most elusive.

You asked me if I agree with everything that Robert Gates says. I asked you if you agree with everything anybody says, what's so difficult about that? Come out from hiding!!

Have you been drinking? That's not what you asked.

Back
Top Bottom