• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boycott sports teams that dishonor this country

Actually your ilk were the ones fighting to keep slaves. LOL, the confedracy no longer exists. If you fly that flag you are simply exercising your 1a. Now see, I knew I could get you to contradict yourself in one post.

Damn right the confederacy no longer exists. We wrecked it. *Spits on confederate flag held by a dumb kid. Then tells kid his parents are losers. Spits at the kid.*

Damn right the confederacy no longer exists. We wrecked it. *Spits on confederate flag held by a dumb kid. Then tells kid his parents are losers. Spits at the kid.*

lol if yuo want to spit on it thats great, in fact burn a few of them if you want. Better than burning the american flag.

BUT, you have no right to spit on the kid, nor decide for him or her whether he is carrying the flag because of racism, or because he saw the dukes of hazard or if he just likes the aura that goes with being rebellious.

it's called personal freedoms.

Any soldier that is opposed to Americans expressing their God given 1A right is a traitor and should burn their uniform and maybe even jump on top of it afterwards. That *might* restore the honor they tried to take from others’ sacrifices. Might.

Do you support workers protesting social issues during work? Yes or No.

For example: A group of workers decide to stop work and protest the fact they do not like women in the work place. Are you ok with that?
Or would it be more appropriate for those workers do the protest on their own time?

imo, workers can protest all they want on their time.

So we can do away with the national anthem before games and those jet flyovers.

Far as I'm concerned, yes. I never understood it anyway. It was played in 1918 before baseball games to show support for our troops in France. Then dropped. Then picked up again I think in 1931 when the NFL commissioner stated it would be played prior to all NFL games. The original reason has long become obsolete.

Forget it, do away with it, no one respects it anymore anyway.

lol if yuo want to spit on it thats great, in fact burn a few of them if you want. Better than burning the american flag.

BUT, you have no right to spit on the kid, nor decide for him or her whether he is carrying the flag because of racism, or because he saw the dukes of hazard or if he just likes the aura that goes with being rebellious.

it's called personal freedoms.

Oh dear, you totally botched that one! Personal freedoms most certainly mean I can tell the kid I think he’s a racist piece of **** and his parents are racist losers. I can tell him I’ll pray for him that one day he breaks free of his ugly hateful family. And then perhaps instead of spitting directly on his dumb racist head, I’ll hock a loogie in the general vicinity of the ground next to him. Bridge of your nose and all that, amirite?

Actually your ilk were the ones fighting to keep slaves. LOL, the confedracy no longer exists. If you fly that flag you are simply exercising your 1a. Now see, I knew I could get you to contradict yourself in one post.

You are going to claim Progressives fought to keep slaves? What's your source for that?

congrats lefties, you even managed to ruin sports. This is why people hate you.

yes, sports are gone forever and there aren't things more important (like stamping out the racists).

Thanks we already know it dowsnt exist. A soldier flies a confederate flag on his home, Is he a traitor or exercising his 1a?

Again, thanks for electing Trump. You know how Americans hate sports and BBQs.

heh, yeah, because either one is a partisan topic :lol:

Oh dear, you totally botched that one! Personal freedoms most certainly mean I can tell the kid I think he’s a racist piece of **** and his parents are racist losers. I can tell him I’ll pray for him that one day he breaks free of his ugly hateful family. And then perhaps instead of spitting directly on his dumb racist head, I’ll hock a loogie in the general vicinity of the ground next to him. Bridge of your nose and all that, amirite?

sure you can do all of that. I never said differently, i said you can't assault him nor decide for him what the rebel flag means.

I hope it makes you feel better. especially if the kid happens to not be a racist. what if he happens to be a history buff, or carrying it for a re-enactment?

Last edited:
There's a time and place for everything. The sporting arena is a place for sports. Protests have their place also. At rallies, demonstrations, marches etc. Far as I'm concerned, sports venues isn't the time and place for politics. Just the like political arena is the time and place for sports.

Most folks tune into sports to get away from the realities of life, away from politics, to have a couple of hours in their own fantasy world where reality of the world doesn't exist. This is being taken away from them for the politics of the day. The athletes are free to do as they please, but beware, by bringing politics into its wrong place and time, it could backfire. I said could. Time will tell on that. But the possibility exists by intermixing two entirely different subjects, venues, like sports and politics could result as a mixture of oil and water. Oh, they don't mix.

So Jackie Robinson shouldnt have supported the civil rights movement once he made the Dodgers?

Any soldier that is opposed to Americans expressing their God given 1A right is a traitor and should burn their uniform and maybe even jump on top of it afterwards. That *might* restore the honor they tried to take from others’ sacrifices. Might.

There's always two sides to every story although both sides always want to make it seem that there's only one.
Sure, all those sport players can protest all they want, their god given right and 1st amendment right. I can choose to watch or not for any reason that I may have any game I want, my god given right and 1st amendment right.

What's the difference in boycotting NFL or NBA games and boycotting Hobby Lobby or Chik fil-a? None outside of probably a differing political agenda and belief. As an American, I believe anyone has the right to protest and anyone has the right to either support or oppose those protests. I personally think politics should be kept out of sports, sports has its own venue, politics has it political arena.

Protests involving politics should be held in the political arena, protest involving sports can be protested in the sporting arena. Protest about politics should take place in the sports venue, two different subject, where a protest takes place should be in the field of the protest involved. Not in some other field or arena. Of course that my opinion.

Do you support workers protesting social issues during work? Yes or No.

For example: A group of workers decide to stop work and protest the fact they do not like women in the work place. Are you ok with that?
Or would it be more appropriate for those workers do the protest on their own time?

imo, workers can protest all they want on their time.

People protesting the inclusion of a protected class are demanding their company violate federal law. If they refused to return to their positions, they would be fired with prejudice and unable to collect unemployment.

Any more hypothetical scenarios you wanna run by me as you test *my* understanding of law vis a vis expression of rights vs proper workplace conduct?

There's always two sides to every story although both sides always want to make it seem that there's only one.
Sure, all those sport players can protest all they want, their god given right and 1st amendment right. I can choose to watch or not for any reason that I may have any game I want, my god given right and 1st amendment right.

What's the difference in boycotting NFL or NBA games and boycotting Hobby Lobby or Chik fil-a? None outside of probably a differing political agenda and belief. As an American, I believe anyone has the right to protest and anyone has the right to either support or oppose those protests. I personally think politics should be kept out of sports, sports has its own venue, politics has it political arena.

Protests involving politics should be held in the political arena, protest involving sports can be protested in the sporting arena. Protest about politics should take place in the sports venue, two different subject, where a protest takes place should be in the field of the protest involved. Not in some other field or arena. Of course that my opinion.

No idea what you’re arguing about. I have no problem with anyone choosing to boycott anything for any reason. I can criticize their motives, but they are free to spend their money how they see fit. Praise Allah.

Hmmm I dont see the answer. Is he exercising his 1a? Yes or no?

Yes, in order to sympathize with treason. Luckily the military is moving towards totally banning the Confederate flag.

Back
Top Bottom