• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boycott sports teams that dishonor this country

And there is this....

What to make of dramatic NFL TV ratings decrease for Texans-Chiefs opener

According to Deadline, overall ratings were down a whopping 16.1% from last season’s “Thursday Night Football” opener between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. According to the note, this could end up being a 10-year low for the NFL on NBC. That’s just staggering.

The NFL will be just fine, despite the calls to boycott and whatever else because they refuse to bow down to President OrangeGlow.

I won't willingly watch people disregard masks, handwashing, and social distancing.

Nope, the athletes and teams are doing the right thing.

Dishonor how? I'm not boycotting sports. I'm applauding these athletes.

There's a time and place for everything. The sporting arena is a place for sports. Protests have their place also. At rallies, demonstrations, marches etc. Far as I'm concerned, sports venues isn't the time and place for politics. Just the like political arena is the time and place for sports.

Most folks tune into sports to get away from the realities of life, away from politics, to have a couple of hours in their own fantasy world where reality of the world doesn't exist. This is being taken away from them for the politics of the day. The athletes are free to do as they please, but beware, by bringing politics into its wrong place and time, it could backfire. I said could. Time will tell on that. But the possibility exists by intermixing two entirely different subjects, venues, like sports and politics could result as a mixture of oil and water. Oh, they don't mix.

And there is this....

According to Deadline, overall ratings were down a whopping 16.1% from last season’s “Thursday Night Football” opener between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. According to the note, this could end up being a 10-year low for the NFL on NBC. That’s just staggering.
I haven't watched a single snap or a single pitch or a single basket. Watching hockey in August was just wrong, didn't watch that either.

Watched hours of BASS live on ESPN though and 2.00.61 of the Kentucky Derby

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There's a time and place for everything. The sporting arena is a place for sports. Protests have their place also. At rallies, demonstrations, marches etc. Far as I'm concerned, sports venues isn't the time and place for politics. Just the like political arena is the time and place for sports.

Most folks tune into sports to get away from the realities of life, away from politics, to have a couple of hours in their own fantasy world where reality of the world doesn't exist. This is being taken away from them for the politics of the day. The athletes are free to do as they please, but beware, by bringing politics into its wrong place and time, it could backfire. I said could. Time will tell on that. But the possibility exists by intermixing two entirely different subjects, venues, like sports and politics could result as a mixture of oil and water. Oh, they don't mix.

So we can do away with the national anthem before games and those jet flyovers.

uh oh...

Colts coach Frank Reich knelt while his players linked arms for anthem

"As his players stood and linked arms, as he prepared to take the knee heard ‘round the world on Sunday, Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich’s mind was racing...

And there’s Frank Reich, the white head coach of a football team in a red state – and he’s about to kneel?

What they were doing: "(Making) a statement on behalf of the Black communities in our state of Indiana,” the statement reads, “but also on behalf of all Black communities from where our players and coaches call home. Our intent is to bring attention to the issue of systemic racism and the injustice inherit therein. We also wanted to demonstrate a symbolic gesture of how we believe meaningful change happens.”

What they were not doing: “Not protesting the flag, the anthem, or the men and women who wear the uniform,” the statement reads. “The timing of this action is meant to highlight that the presence, power, and oppression of racism remains inconsistent with the unity and freedoms of what it means to be an American.”"

Any soldier that is opposed to Americans expressing their God given 1A right is a traitor and should burn their uniform and maybe even jump on top of it afterwards. That *might* restore the honor they tried to take from others’ sacrifices. Might.

So you are opposed to people protesting protesters and then you actually cited the 1A? lol lets test that to see if you lied. Is it ok for a soldier to fly a confederate flag?

So you are opposed to people protesting protesters and then you actually cited the 1A? lol lets test that to see if you lied. Is it ok for a soldier to fly a confederate flag?

It’s okay for them to be as racist and anti-american as they like. If they wear *our* uniform they should burn it after committing described treason.

And if they had balls they’d stand on top of their patriotism’s funeral pyre and embrace what’s left of their dignity.

It’s okay for them to be as racist and anti-american as they like. If they wear *our* uniform they should burn it after committing described treason.

And if they had balls they’d stand on top of their patriotism’s funeral pyre and embrace what’s left of their dignity.

what treason?

congrats lefties, you even managed to ruin sports. This is why people hate you.

congrats lefties, you even managed to ruin sports. This is why people hate you.

Next we should go after barbecue weekends and black socks with sandals

giphy.gif

what treason?

You fly the flag of the confederacy, you are a sworn enemy of these United States of America. We wrecked those dip****s for the right to tell them to shove their slavery and their ugly ass flag in their racist-holes.

They wanna embrace treason, I say they should embrace the penalty for that. But short of that, they really have no moral right to wear our uniforn.

Dishonor how? I'm not boycotting sports. I'm applauding these athletes.

Trump Fan Nation is pretending they take issue with the protests. They don't care that these guys are peaceful. They care that they are black. Nothing more than usual Trump Fan Nation racism on display.

Threads like this remind me to go out and buy some NFL jerseys for my sons.

giphy.gif

Wait till he finds out Trump voters will be the new confederacy, same amount of time except they ain’t gettin’ no monuments. Just an ass kicking of epic proportions. Just like their heroes “back in the day.”

PS; First response to this with HURR DURR THOSE WERE DEMOCRATS already blew it.

You fly the flag of the confederacy, you are a sworn enemy of these United States of America. We wrecked those dip****s for the right to tell them to shove their slavery and their ugly ass flag in their racist-holes.

They wanna embrace treason, I say they should embrace the penalty for that. But short of that, they really have no moral right to wear our uniforn.

you obviously do not understand the 1st amendment, nor the idea that other people may have different thoughts about the same subject as you and it is not your right to demand they see it your way.

giphy.gif

Next? Lefties here in mass have a hotline 211 to turn in their neighbors having a barbeque. No joke. Thanks for helping elect Trump!

Next? Lefties here in mass have a hotline 211 to turn in their neighbors having a barbeque. No joke. Thanks for helping elect Trump!

operation barb the barbecuers is in process.

Actually your ilk were the ones fighting to keep slaves. LOL, the confedracy no longer exists. If you fly that flag you are simply exercising your 1a. Now see, I knew I could get you to contradict yourself in one post.

Back
Top Bottom