• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boy Scouts officially allow girls to join

What on earth are you babbling on about? The boy scouts decide to allow girls to join and you somehow turn that into boys and girls aren't allowed to gather in their own gender?? My God, the stupidity hurts my brain.

And you are part of the PC problem that is so blind in one eye and can't see out of the other because you have not the ability to have a critical thought on your own. But don't feel all alone because there seems to be many on this forum who don't possess that art either. No wonder your brain hurts. Obviously it isn't challenged much.

Scouts in Australia has been mixed gender for the last 50 years. You Americans sure are a bunch of whiny bitches. :lol:

Last I had read, the Girl Scouts were not happy with this decision. Basically it cuts them out as an organization.

I had heard that Cub Scouts can only become Boy Scouts after they eat their first Brownie. I suppose this could apply to girls as well.

Bad but funny. :lol:

And those who pray at that shrine are quite dangerous to the freedom of others. There is nothing inherently wrong with having all male or all female organizations.

I agree and don't doubt that single sex groups will still exist after the Scouts make this change. They're a private organization, have the freedom and right to do so, knowing that they're not posing a threat to anyone else's freedom.

It must hurt your brain being a conservative and having to cope with an ever changing and progressing world...

More collateral damage from our overly sensitive PC world.

This had NOTHING to do with "PC".

It was a business decision.

Father of four boys. 3 Eagle Scouts. One in the making. Been involved in BSA for a LONG time now.

BSA of America has been losing census, steadily, for a long time and for a lot of reasons...even BEFORE the decisions to not openly discriminate against gays in scouting.

This had nothing to do with being "politically correct" (which is just an idiotic term for "stuff that conservative white guys used to be able to do with impugnity, but can't anymore"). This is BSA's last, desperate measure to maintain it's long-standing business model. It's a business model that has funneled a LOT of money into the corporate coffers of the organization for many, many decades. There have always been a lot of people being paid handsomely for doing next-to-nothing at corporate BSA for a long time. That the "dirty little secret" about BSA.

But none of that changes the fact that scouting is a great program for young men.

If this doesn't work, we're going to see a lot of people being laid off at the corporate level of scounting.

That said...and for what it's worth to people...scouting has already been co-ed all over the rest of the western world for a long time now. And it's been just fine in Europe, Japan, etc. BSA of America was the last bastion of "all boy" scounting in the western world.

Last edited:
Idk, this might hurt the cookie com... I mean Girl Scouts bottom line.

In all seriousness, this is an excellent move. I've long thought there should be just Scouts.

Just keep the cookie company out of it...

Are you kidding? We "segregate" children all the time.. LOL

By the way, I disregard the boys and girls aren't different argument.. Gender is real, and no amount of stupid circular reasoning, and mental gymnastics is going to change that for me. I actually laugh OUT LOUD at the very notion and will not entertain any arguments in support, UNLESS, they are new and interesting. All the arguments I've heard are nonsense!

Tim-

This is why they chose to stop segregating the children. People like you are unable to provide a reason to keep doing it.

This is utterly pathetic. Next they'll be going around making sure that 12 year olds have equal numbers of male and female friends not to mention enough other races and religions to satisfy the PC police. Rather than putting up with this crap, we should be laughing the PC police into obscurity.

Why do you want to take away a private entity's right to make this decision?

And those who pray at that shrine are quite dangerous to the freedom of others. There is nothing inherently wrong with having all male or all female organizations.

Provide a reason that the boy scouts shouldn't allow girls. An actual reason.

While you're whining about freedom, try and remember this is a private organization that has every right to make a decision like this.

Facts are facts bubba. For example genders are not equal in strength nor are they equal in their abilities in procreation. One gender has a penis another a uterus to carry a baby to birth and breasts to feed it once born. Males determine the gender of a child.

And this distinction has absolutely nothing to do with scouting

I missed it who is stupid enough to post that it is inherently wrong to have all male and all female organizations

More collateral damage from our overly sensitive PC world.
I remember My Grandfather saying this same exact thing when he reflected about blacks winning their civil rights. My response to him applies to you. Times change.

There is also nothing inherently wrong with having mixed organisations. No one forced the Boy Scouts to include girls. They chose to.

And this distinction has absolutely nothing to do with scouting

I was showing just a few differences between males and females that no one can change.

However, with making scouts non-gender I can see where it will fail.

Say a young man wakes up with a stiffy on a camping trip. Do you not think that would be uncomfortable for him with girls present?

Do you think the young boy who just started getting pubic hair could freely talk about the 4 hairs he found under his arm with the other guys with girls present?

Do you think a young lady out on a non-gender scout activity starts her period and the scoutmaster is a male wouldn't be uncomfortable?

Do you think the young lady who wants to talk about her American doll collection is going to be inspiring to the young boy who wants to talk about ninjas and sports and visa versa? The answer is no.

What in sam hill is so wrong with letting boys have their own group and girls have theirs? The answer is nothing except for a group of PC clowns hellbent on destroying gender identification to the point we will only speak in gender as they and them.

For pete sakes growing up is hard enough without having people make it more complex. Most often leaders of boy scouts are men and leaders of girl scouts are women who often set an example for the groups they lead teaching good life lessons.

I was showing just a few differences between males and females that no one can change.

Say a young man wakes up with a stiffy on a camping trip. Do you not think that would be uncomfortable for him with girls present?

Do you think the young boy who just started getting pubic hair could freely talk about the 4 hairs he found under his arm with the other guys with girls present?

Do you think a young lady out on a non-gender scout activity starts her period and the scoutmaster is a male wouldn't be uncomfortable?

Do you think the young lady who wants to talk about her American doll collection is going to be inspiring to the young boy who wants to talk about ninjas and sports and visa versa? The answer is no.

What in sam hill is so wrong with letting boys have their own group and girls have theirs? The answer is nothing except for a group of PC clowns hellbent on destroying gender identification to the point we will only speak in gender as they and them.

For pete sakes growing up is hard enough without having people make it more complex. Most often leaders of boy scouts are men and leaders of girl scouts are women who often set an example for the groups they lead teaching good life lessons.

Oh no, a few children might be uncomfortable in edge cases? Well, that settles it. We can't have children occasionally uncomfortable.

Oh no, a few children might be uncomfortable in edge cases? Well, that settles it. We can't have children occasionally uncomfortable.

Deuce do you have any kids? If you do then if you are honest you know that more than a few would be uncomfortable in such a situation and it would take the joy out of the whole experience.

Be prepared! And be careful not to do
Your good deeds when there's no one watching you
If you're looking for adventure of a
New and different kind
And you come across a Girl Scout who is
Similarly inclined
Don't be nervous, don't be flustered, don't be scared
Be prepared! - Tom Lehrer

This is so dumb. The Boy Scouts are dead.

This is so dumb. The Boy Scouts are dead.

YA and I wonder what Robert Gates has to do with this, they were already in trouble when he came in but this guy is a talented very experienced manager, but clearly he did not save the Boy Scouts.

Scouts were huge in my family going back at least three generations.

This is so sad, it is more of Old America dying.

I think that we will end up in regrets.

Deuce do you have any kids? If you do then if you are honest you know that more than a few would be uncomfortable in such a situation and it would take the joy out of the whole experience.

If being in the vicinity of the opposite sex makes your child uncomfortable, leave them at home. Or, hey, start your own damn organization and do what the **** you want.

YA and I wonder what Robert Gates has to do with this, they were already in trouble when he came in but this guy is a talented very experienced manager, but clearly he did not save the Boy Scouts.

Scouts were huge in my family going back at least three generations.

This is so sad, it is more of Old America dying.

I think that we will end up in regrets.

They just doubled their recruiting pool, I think they'll be ok.

If being in the vicinity of the opposite sex makes your child uncomfortable, leave them at home. Or, hey, start your own damn organization and do what the **** you want.

Actually a lot of folks are no longer looking to Scouts and are starting their own groups because of the PC crap. Good for them. Cheers~!~~

you are without an argument
the kids participate voluntarily
and you keep insisting equality and inclusiveness is somehow PC, and therefor bad
all i have seen from you on this topic is a nonsensical rant without any legitimate basis

Back
Top Bottom