• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boy Scouts officially allow girls to join

So now boys can get these badges to? Or are they removing these categories from girls? Why couldn't they have removed them and add canoeing, camping, backpacking, astronomy to the girls arsenal of badges? Again, why the need to conjoin them?

Tim-

No, they have completely different badges. You’d have to them why it’s so important to keep arcane gender role notions.

I hate to be the grinch here, but seriously this thread reads like a grade 5 class essay...

Here's the deal, from about five till about 25, women develop faster than men in every area. Similar to wild fowl, so the female is ready to reproduce sooner in case a predator kills of most of the flock.

Canada's youth hockey program has experimented with mixed teams in the past and it has been a disaster as women are larger by mass, more intelligent at that point, stronger and quicker thinking. So they gave it up.

Instead of them keeping sleeping bags warm I suspect they will be over powering the boys and making them feel inferior

My grandson (10) is on a hockey team that travels and he is quite good. They welcome females. The truth is most don't have the physical fortitude to pursue the sport. To most females the possibility of getting your front teeth knocked out isn't appealing. The dedication it takes in practice sessions etc. which pretty much consumes all extra time outside of school is also not appealing to most females and most males as far as that goes.

You like several are lock and step with the PC morons who insist in denying the identity of gender. It is really a sad state of affairs. Boys and girls are different. Denying that fact is ridiculously insane.

Just "Scouts"? Here's the thing, The Boy Scouts Organization made the decision. If there was a court decision or lawsuit, I would agree that shouldn't fly. But the organization itself made the decision. Don't like it, then start a boy or girl scout type organization and call it whatever you want to. My guess is their organization numbers were declining and they made the decision to go all inclusive.

Now the organization has said in response:

Now tell me what you disagree with in that statement?

My preference would be to stick with tradition, that said it is their choice as you pointed out which they made on their own, I have no problem with that. However they may not have thought the decision thru as well as they think. I foresee lots of legal pain.

My grandson (10) is on a hockey team that travels and he is quite good. They welcome females. The truth is most don't have the physical fortitude to pursue the sport. To most females the possibility of getting your front teeth knocked out isn't appealing. The dedication it takes in practice sessions etc. which pretty much consumes all extra time outside of school is also not appealing to most females and most males as far as that goes.

You like several are lock and step with the PC morons who insist in denying the identity of gender. It is really a sad state of affairs. Boys and girls are different. Denying that fact is ridiculously insane.

Well thanks for the insult, I will put you back where your belong

Thank you too for "anecdotal" evidence, and your snide superior attitude.

BTW I have played, refereed and coached hockey my entire life

Maybe have your son play against Canadian grils.

Good by

No, I'm sorry, but people in favor of segregating children are gonna have to tell us why it's so goddamned important.

Are you kidding? We "segregate" children all the time.. LOL

By the way, I disregard the boys and girls aren't different argument.. Gender is real, and no amount of stupid circular reasoning, and mental gymnastics is going to change that for me. I actually laugh OUT LOUD at the very notion and will not entertain any arguments in support, UNLESS, they are new and interesting. All the arguments I've heard are nonsense!

Tim-

Who cares? It's the company's decision and if you don't like it, gather up a group of young boys and take them out to learn "scout" skills on your own time. :lol:

Boys and girls are different. Denying that fact is ridiculously insane.

What’s ridiculous is telling a girl that she must stay home and paint her nails while the boys go canoeing because “boys and girls are different.”

I hate to be the grinch here, but seriously this thread reads like a grade 5 class essay...

Here's the deal, from about five till about 25, women develop faster than men in every area. Similar to wild fowl, so the female is ready to reproduce sooner in case a predator kills of most of the flock.

Canada's youth hockey program has experimented with mixed teams in the past and it has been a disaster as women are larger by mass, more intelligent at that point, stronger and quicker thinking. So they gave it up.

Instead of them keeping sleeping bags warm I suspect they will be over powering the boys and making them feel inferior

Things might have changed since I was a Boy Scout, but our activities mostly involved arts and crafts, wilderness skills and camping. Activities that would hardly make use of girl's quicker maturing, intelligence and fast thinking. It's not like it's a math club.

From what I remember, my friends and I never felt weaker or inferior to girls of any age group. If anything it's generally girls who need more self confidence. And how often do the Scouts meet? It's not as if both groups won't have plenty of time to hang out with each other.

I believe this is a great change and might end up helping boys to mature at an earlier age too. It also might reduce the number of boys with conservative parents who instill in them an unhealthy feeling of superiority, boys who never mature and end up joining the 'men's movement'...

I was in the Boy Scouts thirty years ago. There were plenty of girls then.

Yes, but you're talking Hockey here which is a stamina (and arguably strength) dominant sport . The idea of Scouts is not strength or stamina dominated training. What Boy Scout Training do you feel the majority of girls cannot do as the same as boys?

Well thanks for the insult, I will put you back where your belong

Thank you too for "anecdotal" evidence, and your snide superior attitude.

BTW I have played, refereed and coached hockey my entire life

Maybe have your son play against Canadian grils.

Good by

LOL first off the person mentioned is my grandson as stated in my original post, not my son as you quoted.
Second I am sure you meant to type girls not grils.
Third my grandson is quite a young gentleman. The way he treats his younger sister who can be a terror at times are the traits one wants to see being instilled in a young man. But when it comes to the game of hockey doesn't matter who the opponent is, they come to win.

Yes, but you're talking Hockey here which is a stamina (and arguably strength) dominant sport . The idea of Scouts is not strength or stamina dominated training. What Boy Scout Training do you feel the majority of girls cannot do as the same as boys?

My response you quoted was to someone who used hockey in his post. Please do try to keep up.

So I guess that will be the death of the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts? Yes? For what is the need if all can join and be recognized as "Scouts". Everyone is equal. Girls and boys alike. No special treatment for either gender. On primitive camping scenarios no special bathrooms for either. No special shower facilities for either. No special aids for either. They are now will be recognized as They and Them no more gender separation as in he or she. The death of gender recognition. Marvelous!

Something so innocent to allow boys and girls to gather together in their own gender is no longer allowed. Way to go you political correct morons.
It is you who appears to be seeking political correctness on this issue

What’s ridiculous is telling a girl that she must stay home and paint her nails while the boys go canoeing because “boys and girls are different.”

What is ridiculous is assuming girl scouts don't go on their own canoe trips.

No, I'm sorry, but people in favor of segregating children are gonna have to tell us why it's so goddamned important.
Looking forward to your reply, Tim

My response you quoted was to someone who used hockey in his post. Please do try to keep up.

The topic is about Scouts, not hockey. Please do try and keep up.

So I guess that will be the death of the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts? Yes? For what is the need if all can join and be recognized as "Scouts". Everyone is equal. Girls and boys alike. No special treatment for either gender. On primitive camping scenarios no special bathrooms for either. No special shower facilities for either. No special aids for either. They are now will be recognized as They and Them no more gender separation as in he or she. The death of gender recognition. Marvelous!

Something so innocent to allow boys and girls to gather together in their own gender is no longer allowed. Way to go you political correct morons.

When was the last time..........................

....you went camping?

What on earth are you babbling on about? The boy scouts decide to allow girls to join and you somehow turn that into boys and girls aren't allowed to gather in their own gender?? My God, the stupidity hurts my brain.

My preference would be to stick with tradition, that said it is their choice as you pointed out which they made on their own, I have no problem with that. However they may not have thought the decision thru as well as they think. I foresee lots of legal pain.

I think it would be interesting to see what the legal grounds would be for a suit. Kids don't have a Constitutional right to a boys only scouting pack.

I would have preferred they kept separate but that's because I'm old fashioned when it comes to tradition. My boys were all scouts. It wouldn't stop me from signing them up for scouting now just because girls would be in the den. I was a den mother a few times and it's not like we/they did anything that would not work for girls too. We didn't show stag movies or make them run around naked or anything.

Insisting on making a distinction between the genders as to what they can do

Facts are facts bubba. For example genders are not equal in strength nor are they equal in their abilities in procreation. One gender has a penis another a uterus to carry a baby to birth and breasts to feed it once born. Males determine the gender of a child.

This is utterly pathetic. Next they'll be going around making sure that 12 year olds have equal numbers of male and female friends not to mention enough other races and religions to satisfy the PC police. Rather than putting up with this crap, we should be laughing the PC police into obscurity.

Last I had read, the Girl Scouts were not happy with this decision. Basically it cuts them out as an organization.

I had heard that Cub Scouts can only become Boy Scouts after they eat their first Brownie. I suppose this could apply to girls as well.

Back
Top Bottom