• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BO's Dismal Record On Terrorism

Nearly everyone hated Bush by the time he left. He had the worst approval ratings in history, because he was the worst President in our lifetime. There is no doubt that Obama was treated worse than any other President from that start. From "You lie" at his State of the Union to GOP obstruction of policies even when they formally supported them to the scummy "Birther" nonsense there is no doubt that Obama's race was a factor in the disrespectful treatment he received. You are not fooling anybody by denying it.

Nice try however loaded with falsehoods.The worst US presidential approval rating in history, Harry Truman's 22 percent mark was in February 1952. As for the "You lie" statement at Obama's state of the union speech, it happened to be accurate. And Bush was treated worst by his political opposition then any other president in US history. May may want to think that Obama is getting the worst treatment, however in reality, your side is just getting a healthy dose of it's own medicine. Andtossing in the race card over criticism of Obama is racist itself and done out of desperation. If you cannot legitimately counter the criticism, you just scream "racism".

I come from a family of democrats, but as a pro-family, pro-business, advocate for a strong military, and generally an open-minded but moderately conservative thinker, I realized I could no longer support the democrats. I was just reacting to your post when you immediately accused the other poster of thinking BO was a bad Commander in Chief because he is black. Sorry, but the demagoguery turns me off. Just because one thinks Obama is the worst thing to ever happen to the U.S. please don't accuse them of being a racist - especially if you don't know them or know what's in their heart. It's really a cop out that liberals have tried to use far too often.

I wish I could give you 100 likes for that post. When the left resorts to the "race card", I assume they are out of intellectual ammo and declare their arguments defeated.

Donald Trump ****s over small businesses and crditors for laughs, and regularly abused eminent domain laws to steal the private property of American citizens who didn't want to sell their property to him. Donald Trump doesn't give a damn about anyone but Donald Trump. **** him.
Donald Trump cares about the US. You, well, you care about you.

How long was the decision delayed for?

• It took the president almost two years of dithering to order the bin Laden operation, which was "reduced in scope, or otherwise delayed, often by the president himself."
• Obama "stunned his staff with a string of dangerous delays and paralyzing indecision that threatened the mission's timing and nearly compromised its success."

Sense and nonsense about Obama and Osama - CNN.com

Obama canceled the op three times.

That's what Obama believes also. That's why Iraqi forces are the ones going into Mosul right now.

Along with US military air strikes and a small number of US special forces. However I am delighted that you at least accept that the issue can be solved by military force.

You live in a fantasy world.

Do you honestly think McCain is a conservative? He is a liberal. The democrats at one point even attempted to talk him into switching parties.

I come from a family of democrats, but as a pro-family, pro-business, advocate for a strong military, and generally an open-minded but moderately conservative thinker, I realized I could no longer support the democrats. I was just reacting to your post when you immediately accused the other poster of thinking BO was a bad Commander in Chief because he is black. Sorry, but the demagoguery turns me off. Just because one thinks Obama is the worst thing to ever happen to the U.S. please don't accuse them of being a racist - especially if you don't know them or know what's in their heart. It's really a cop out that liberals have tried to use far too often.

this is a very well written right wing shell game, and that is all it is.

which is why that we still have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, no doubt. i support bringing them all home.

How many 9/11/01 level terrorist attacks are you willing to accept for that cause of just bringing them home? Clearly Afghanistan would again become a training ground and launching point for terrorist attacks on the US.

That should be the Democrats' new bumper sticker.

"Donald Trump: F this douche"

How about this one:
hdd3fmg

How many 9/11/01 level terrorist attacks are you willing to accept for that cause of just bringing them home? Clearly Afghanistan would again become a training ground and launching point for terrorist attacks on the US.

how much are you willing to pay in new taxes to fund the war that you have spent multiple threads arguing is essential? i don't think that we've ever settled on a percentage more than zero.

but i'll answer your question : i don't think that perpetual US military involvement in the Middle East will prevent terror attacks. in fact, it's possible that we are making ourselves a more attractive target. my opinion is that we should defund terror by replacing oil. if we continue the open ended war thing, though, there needs to be a significant war tax. shared sacrifice.

• It took the president almost two years of dithering to order the bin Laden operation, which was "reduced in scope, or otherwise delayed, often by the president himself."
• Obama "stunned his staff with a string of dangerous delays and paralyzing indecision that threatened the mission's timing and nearly compromised its success."

Sense and nonsense about Obama and Osama - CNN.com

Obama canceled the op three times.

LOL Those are all lies according to Secretary Gates and everyone who was in a position to actually know. The author of the book that said those things is a serial liar. That book was written for wonks like you who believe everything bad about Obama that can be made up . Why is that? From your link.....

"For example, (former Defense) Secretary (Robert) Gates said 'this is one of the most courageous calls -- decisions -- that I think I've ever seen a president make.' (The raid commander) Admiral (William) McRaven said that 'At the end of the day, make no mistake about it, it was the president of the United States that shouldered the burden for this operation, that made the hard decisions, that was instrumental in the planning process, because I pitched every plan to him.' "
Vietor added, "I look forward to when Miniter claims that Bo the dog actually made the decision to kill bin Laden." Bo is the Obama family's dog.
Also Jarrett could not have dissuaded Obama from launching an operation to take out bin Laden in January 2011, as Miniter writes, because the planning and rehearsals for such an operation had not begun then. It wasn't until March 14, 2011, that Obama's war Cabinet met to present him the various military options that ranged from a bombing run to a drone strike to a SEAL raid. And the SEALs only began rehearsing the raid in early April 2011. There was no mission to call off until then.

Last edited:
Along with US military air strikes and a small number of US special forces. However I am delighted that you at least accept that the issue can be solved by military force.

Yes byi MUSLIM military force. The idea that American forces can "clean up" the M.E. was the Bush neocons bright idea. It made us less safe and set the M.E. on fire.

how much are you willing to pay in new taxes to fund the war that you have spent multiple threads arguing is essential? i don't think that we've ever settled on a percentage more than zero.

but i'll answer your question : i don't think that perpetual US military involvement in the Middle East will prevent terror attacks. in fact, it's possible that we are making ourselves a more attractive target. my opinion is that we should defund terror by replacing oil. if we continue the open ended war thing, though, there needs to be a significant war tax. shared sacrifice.

Still on the war tax kick, huh? Once again, nobody is asking for perpetual US military involvement in any conflict. However if we do get involved in any particular conflict, we should finish the job before pulling the troops. That's how it is supposed to work. Vietnam became a perpetual war because the idiots in Washington thought they could settle it at the Paris Peace talks rather then on the battlefield. Same with the Korean War before then. Iraq was headed towards being a perpetual war, until the surge strategy was implemented. Afghnanistan is a perpetual war because of the extremely limited rules of engagement. No hawk is asking for perpetual conflicts, however idiot politicians sometimes sometimes run them that way.

LOL Those are all lies according to Secretary Gates and everyone who was in a position to actually know. The author of the book that said those things is a serial liar. That book was written for wonks like you who believe everything bad about Obama that can be made up . Why is that? From your link.....

Where is your evidence, son? That story was posted on CNN, a left wing news source.

Yes byi MUSLIM military force. The idea that American forces can "clean up" the M.E. was the Bush neocons bright idea. It made us less safe and set the M.E. on fire.

Last time i checked, the air strikes are being flown by American pilots, not a muslim military force. And Bush did not send them in, Obama did. Do you liberals ever get tired of blaming Bush for everything your party's president does?

Last time i checked, the air strikes are being flown by American pilots, not a muslim military force. And Bush did not send them in, Obama did. Do you liberals ever get tired of blaming Bush for everything your party's president does?

Bush sent 100's of 1000's of American "targets" on the ground in Iraq. That is what brought about the largest increase in jihadist recruits in history. The leaders of ISIS cut their teeth on targeting American troops in Iraq. No Iraq invasion= no huge increase in recruits= no ISIS. So yes I blame Bush for invading Iraq. who should be blamed but him?

Bush sent 100's of 1000's of American "targets" on the ground in Iraq. That is what brought about the largest increase in jihadist recruits in history. The leaders of ISIS cut their teeth on targeting American troops in Iraq. No Iraq invasion= no huge increase in recruits= no ISIS. So yes I blame Bush for invading Iraq. who should be blamed but him?

That is left wing drivel. ever heard of Al Queda? What middle eastern nations were we occupying when they attacked us on 9/11/01. Or for that matter when they attacked the towers in 1993, many of our embasssies in different nations, and the USS Cole? Jihadist predated the Iraq war. ISIS is like the son of Al Queda. We did not create them. What spurred them in Iraq was Obama pulling the troops too quickly and leaving a power vacuum. ISIS attempted to fill that vacuum, however their own brutality is what is defeating them. Jihadist groups must have some support in the areas they occupy or they are goingto fall. The talaiban in afghanistan is at least smart enough to work that out. ISIS is now getting it's ass kicked in iraq, because their brutality has led to them losing support. That is why the Iraqi forces with the assistance of US air strikes and special forces are effectively taking them down. That is also one reason the surge strategy worked in Iraq. Al Queda at first enjoyed support among sunni muslims who were aligned with saddam Hussein, however their brutality eroded that support.

Still on the war tax kick, huh?

definitely. the hawks should be, too.

Once again, nobody is asking for perpetual US military involvement in any conflict. However if we do get involved in any particular conflict, we should finish the job before pulling the troops. That's how it is supposed to work.

paying for it is also how it is supposed to work, along with a clearly defined exit strategy.

Vietnam became a perpetual war because the idiots in Washington thought they could settle it at the Paris Peace talks rather then on the battlefield. Same with the Korean War before then. Iraq was headed towards being a perpetual war, until the surge strategy was implemented. Afghnanistan is a perpetual war because of the extremely limited rules of engagement. No hawk is asking for perpetual conflicts, however idiot politicians sometimes sometimes run them that way.

the Middle East is not fixable by way of western military force.

health insurance. health insurance costs have increased in growth rate.

You can't opt out of the cost of your health care so why should you opt out paying for it?

definitely. the hawks should be, too.

paying for it is also how it is supposed to work, along with a clearly defined exit strategy.

the Middle East is not fixable by way of western military force.

Do you feel that the middle east is fixable by military force period?

Back
Top Bottom