• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blog Your Current Game

Honestly, I found I preferred using mouse/keyboard.
Really? How could you dogfight properly with a mouse and keyboard?

Easier than a joystick actually. Got to change a couple settings, but then pretty easy.

Easier than a joystick actually. Got to change a couple settings, but then pretty easy.
Well I installed it and... I cant even get the mouse to work, much less the keyboard. I guess I'll try again tomorrow or something.

Well I installed it and... I cant even get the mouse to work, much less the keyboard. I guess I'll try again tomorrow or something.
Just logging into game to check how I had it set up. Couple changes needed to the stock setup for mouse/keyboard to make it much easier. This first one is huge:

1: set mouse X axis to Yaw, Y axis to pitch. This will feel much more comfortable to use.
2: roll left/right to A and D keys. With those, turn is simple, A or D, then pull back on mouse to turn. You will pick it up in no time at all(literally, after doing it once).
3: Set some key to 75 % throttle. I will link to video that explains why(watch the video, it will make your life much, much, much easier). I set it to side mouse button, but if you do not have side mouse buttons, any unused key on the keypad will work.
4: ???
5: Profit

Just logging into game to check how I had it set up. Couple changes needed to the stock setup for mouse/keyboard to make it much easier. This first one is huge:

1: set mouse X axis to Yaw, Y axis to pitch. This will feel much more comfortable to use.
2: roll left/right to A and D keys. With those, turn is simple, A or D, then pull back on mouse to turn. You will pick it up in no time at all(literally, after doing it once).
3: Set some key to 75 % throttle. I will link to video that explains why(watch the video, it will make your life much, much, much easier). I set it to side mouse button, but if you do not have side mouse buttons, any unused key on the keypad will work.
4: ???
5: Profit

I sitll cant get the damned thing to work! I've uninstalled it, and will try to check out what's wrong.

Sims 4, the basic game was on sale on Origin for $5, so played it bit last night. It's an interesting casual game. Started an older guy in a desert community, bought him a PC, but all he want's to do is read books. And go to the bathroom. :)

1ttPcCn.png
UYUl8Pw.png

I havent played Planetside 2 for awhile, but then I got a message from another player that they were offering a special 8 year anniversary giveaway, which was a platinum pilot pistol (a pretty good sidearm that I have not yet acquired), so I logged in to see if I could get it for free.

It seems in order to get it you have to succeed on a directive, and you have 12 hours to do it. The mission is to have 15 kills with a sidearm and 3 base captures. Easy enough. Took me about 20 minutes, and here's how I did it:

1. Use a stalker: its an infiltrator with a cloak that allows you to stay invisible until you move. Since you can only use a sidearm with this class, it fits the mission profile perfectly. I got a lot of kills by just planting myself at a control point during a biolab fight, so that wasnt a problem.

2. Stick with a squad during an advance. Just stay on the front lines and as soon as a base nears capture, just spawn in either from a sunderer or from a squad beacon. Got 3 base captures in about 15 minutes. Easy peasy.

I soon got an alert to claim my reward. Otherwise I'd have to spend cash or 1000 cert points (which is a grind) to buy it.

Empire of Sin is out. Made by Romero Games(yes, those Romeros), it is an Xcom type game with empire management set in 20's Chicago. I am still really early in, but a big thumbs up so far.

Just got Elite Dangerous today. After too many tries, I docked successfully!

View attachment 67237237
Ever been to the cupid’s arrow nebula? Thats a real trippy place but i’d highly suggest bringing many FSD boost charges before even attempting the trip. I found it by just looking for a line of blue white stars. Its a sea of black holes too :p

Im finishing up command and conquer red alert then moving on to Amnesia:rebirth

Empire of Sin is out. Made by Romero Games(yes, those Romeros), it is an Xcom type game with empire management set in 20's Chicago. I am still really early in, but a big thumbs up so far.
You... you just wrote the magic words! Looks like I need to grab it then. :p

You... you just wrote the magic words! Looks like I need to grab it then. :p
I am finding it fascinating, though the UI has some issues. I love that the mob bosses you play as are all real historical people, and there is a storyline that ties into what they where really like. I am playing as Daniel Mckee Jackson.

Reactions: PoS
I am finding it fascinating, though the UI has some issues. I love that the mob bosses you play as are all real historical people, and there is a storyline that ties into what they where really like. I am playing as Daniel Mckee Jackson.
LOL damn you, you know how far behind I am with playing other games? Now I have to put this one ahead of the line.

I picked up Cyberpunk 2077 today. I like it alot more than I expected(was not planning on getting it, then saw the good reviews, then checked out some youtube videos, then changed my mind). Bladerunner RPG, with blazing FPS gun battles. Casual conversation turns into a car chase with you leaning out the window shooting up the bad guy cars. A ton of effort was put into the look of the game. So far I have not run into any of the bugs people have complained of, but I only have about 3 hours into the game.

I picked up Cyberpunk 2077 today. I like it alot more than I expected(was not planning on getting it, then saw the good reviews, then checked out some youtube videos, then changed my mind). Bladerunner RPG, with blazing FPS gun battles. Casual conversation turns into a car chase with you leaning out the window shooting up the bad guy cars. A ton of effort was put into the look of the game. So far I have not run into any of the bugs people have complained of, but I only have about 3 hours into the game.

Ive played about 5 hours so far. The main thing I see is the game is only about 80% finished. No 3rd person mode, a lot of the graphics are flat compared to similar games, controls and movement are clunky, plenty of AI issues. The story is great and the world is good. If they release some patches to put the finishing touches it then it could easily be the best game of the year

What platform are you on? Base Xbox One and PS4 are having the worst problems. A lot of the pop in issues (second biggest problem besides performance) would be solved with an SSD I think.

I'm about 20 minutes past the character creation on the Corpro intro on PC. The only thing I noticed so far was a duplicated cell phone hanging in the air, going through this guy's head whenever he moved. No crashes or anything gamebreaking yet. I haven't gotten far into the story, but I really like the atmosphere of the city so far.

What platform are you on? Base Xbox One and PS4 are having the worst problems. A lot of the pop in issues (second biggest problem besides performance) would be solved with an SSD I think.

I'm about 20 minutes past the character creation on the Corpro intro on PC. The only thing I noticed so far was a duplicated cell phone hanging in the air, going through this guy's head whenever he moved. No crashes or anything gamebreaking yet. I haven't gotten far into the story, but I really like the atmosphere of the city so far.
There is a platform for gaming other than PC?

There is a platform for gaming other than PC?
Ahh, one of those. 😛 Believe it or not, yes, gaming has existed outside of personal computers since the first video game. It is a different world, and I would not want to live there exclusively, but my PC can't do it all.

Was looking forward to diving into some Sega genesis games, but that wont be happening now since Analogue sold out of their Mega SGs.......... still waiting on their restocking of Super NTs.

Dyson Sphere Project: Just came out today in early access and has a ton of promise. Satisfactory/Factorio gameplay. Has the 3d graphics of Satisfactory but without the photorealism. Graphics are pleasing. Gameplay feels a tad more Factorio than Satisfactory, but in 3d. At some point though, you head out into space and start setting up operations on other worlds(and from some footage, asteroid belts and stuff. It will take an insane amount of resources to build a Dyson Sphere. Big thumbs up so far.

More about Dyson Sphere Project, since it is a freaking awesome game so far. It is Factorio more than Satisfactory, but really, it takes the best of both, and adds a few nice additions. It is 3rd person, like Factorio. You control a mecha, which has little drones that put up your buildings, and which can produce some components, and is also used to produce buildings before you place them. Your mecha needs energy, which early on can be a little bit of a pain till you have a mining building on coal. You do the usual hand craft things to make the buildings to produce them automatically, to make more buildings to produce more things, on and on. The tech tree is huge, and split into two areas, technologies and upgrades. Your crap mecha very quickly becomes pretty cool, with one of the first upgrades being the ability to fly. Other upgrades I have gotten so far include faster charging of your mecha, and a larger charge storage, and faster moving, and bigger inventory, and so on.

My first big factory has gotten to be pretty spaghetti, but I am seeing how I can streamline and improve it. Here is a high overhead view of a part of it:

DSP1.jpg

While I am not there yet, what sets this game apart from Factorio and Satisfactory, instead of taking place on a part of a world, this has 64 different worlds, and you will have to exploit at least a fair number of them in order to make a Dyson Sphere, and no planet has all the different types of resources you need. I am really looking forward to how that plays out.

Not really a specific game to report on, but here is my observation from this morning.

I have over 300 games in my steam library.

Of that, probably a good third of them are RPGs

Of that 100+, about half of them have a last save just before a required jumping/stealth mission.... never to be played again.

Last edited:
The ring around the sun is the Dyson swarm, made up of about 1400(at this time) solar mirrors. You can see little blue lights between the swarm and one of the planets, which is the morrors being launched and traveling to the swarm. This is step 1 of building the actual Dyson sphere.

DysonSwarm.jpg

I'm bouncing around between games at the moment, so blogging my current game would be more like blogging my quest for my next game.

in general I have found that my between-major-release periods focus heavily on indy games... cheap games that usually have enough going for them to scratch the itch until the next big thing comes around. A lot of those periods end up dominated by Minecraft mod packs and cheap loot-based RPGs.

I'm actually resisting a return to Minecraft this time not because I'm really burn out on it, but it's been getting harder to find anything new.. most major modpack development seems to stop around 2017 with Java release 1.12.. so many great mods don't exist beyond 1.12. Anyway, maybe it is burnout on Minecraft since every new dive leads to hours trying to construct a modpack that best uses the base game while adding sufficient content.

ANYWAY, I've tried picking up a lot of games in my steam library just to grow bored quickly, and I've been burned twice by Indy games.

Wild West and Wizards seemed to have everything going for it... it was a first person looter with a novel setting. The graphics were rudimentary which, in theory, would give devs more time for content... but there is no content. Moreover, there appear to be some very stupid design decisions that can bring game progression to a screeching halt with no remedy.

For instance, there is a particular story mission where you are given a potion of double jump that is necessary to complete a jumping puzzle... the potion only lasts a short time, and there is a gotcha in the puzzle that you probably won't realize until the potion runs out... and there is no other potion.. or reload option. As far as I can tell, the main story line is now broken. Great.

I'm think about trying a different survival game, but have played all the Ark, PixelArk and Conan Exiles that I care to play (it's considerable time, mind you, they are all fun titles), and none of the Ark-likes really interest me as they always seem like the same thing with different window dressing.

I've been looking at Valheim ... seems interesting, and has an interesting art style... but I don't know.

The quest continues. Suggestions welcome.

Back
Top Bottom