• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blacks murder at a staggering 5 times the Rate of whites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky, you are likely on the right track for a good portion of crime.

The follow up question is this:

How do we, as a people, allow people to choose poorly time and gain, while teaching them to be responsible for their own actions, when the same (not smart) choices are made, if we excuse the actions and the people for every choice?
It will happen when we have completely desegregated and are all neighbors and eventually all family members.

One of the most racist paragraphs in a pile-of-shit-posts I’ve ever seen.

Folks: remember: the above might have made hiring decisions at one time. May still make them. THIS is systemic racism.

You get personal, instead of addressing the topic. In fact, you even put a racial spin on it, and call me a racist. LMAO.. Not to day, sister. Not to day.

Why? Because you know it's true? There's more reasons to people living in the hood, than just a lack of things that a decent society offers.

You get personal, instead of addressing the topic. In fact, you even put a racial spin on it, and call me a racist. LMAO.. Not to day, sister. Not to day.

Why? Because you know it's true? There's more reasons to people living in the hood, than just a lack of things that a decent society offers.
Your post was racist. Own it. Wear it. Be proud of it. Tell us what you REALLY believe. Quit hiding behind implausible deniability.

Show me the FBI tabs on “Hood rats”. Your post was racist garbage built on your feelings.

Facts are not racism. The claim is fact. Blacks do commit violent crime at a rate of 2.4 times the number (per capita) than white people do.
When facts are racist, everything is racist!
As prison data backs up.

Almost all the components that people are screaming 'RACISM' about in todays age, IS poverty driven. I agree wholeheartedly.

This is where the racism train ends. But good luck explaining that to anyone who freely uses the race card anytime a white cop shoots a black person (criminal or otherwise). Or when voting restrictions are made, that inconvenience only the poorest among us. Or when you are talking about all the other plethora of things that the US is involved in regarding race wars. Education. Single Families. Crime.

It isn't that Black people have something wrong with them, but something is very different in their culture that disregards education, deifies rappers/athletes over the CPA, or Doctor, or getting good grades. Being over-represented in poverty isn't the sign of racism. Unless and until we put the onus of change on the communities that are falling further behind, they will continue to look up and need help (from things of their own choosing mostly)
A lack of fathers in the home is an issue.

Your post was racist. Own it. Wear it. Be proud of it. Tell us what you REALLY believe. Quit hiding behind implausible deniability.

You just think it's racist, because you want to believe it's racist. If you weren't racist, then you'd understand.

As prison data backs up.
So, you think blacks deserve to be overrepresented in prison. Do you believe this is because they are inferior?

What do you think I mean by "hood rats."

Have I been ambiguous? I’ll ask again: show me the tabs on the FBI stats labeled “hood rats”.

Since you’re arguing stats and not racist bullshit.

You just think it's racist, because you want to believe it's racist. If you weren't racist, then you'd understand.
Why hide? Seriously. Just own it.

MOST black Americans live middle to upper income lives and dont engage in the violent crimes. They also dont live in the poverty stricken rat run rat infested shitholes.

That's a good thing. I like to see people rise up out of poverty. They're a lot less likely to adversely affect the lives of innocent people and create victims. Of course that's not absolute. From what I understand, Dahmer came from a middle class family. The Orange Co. rapist dude, was a middle class cop for most of his life. But the vast majority of hard crime (murder and such) comes from bad people in poverty.
So getting out of poverty, greatly reduces the chance that their kids will be bad people.

Hide from what? Just because you think I'm a racist, doesn't make me one. In fact, you're so quick to think "hoodrats" is a racial thing, makes you the racist.
Better to just admit than obfuscate with implausible deniability.

Better to just admit than obfuscate with implausible deniability.

I can’t imagine why a person who casually uses “hood rats” in exchanges gets so upset at being taken at precisely what it is they’re trying to convey.

I can’t imagine why a person who casually uses “hood rats” in exchanges gets so upset at being taken at precisely what it is they’re trying to convey.

Hoodrats, for pete's sake. Why does the left always have to have everything explained to them.

So, you think blacks deserve to be overrepresented in prison. Do you believe this is because they are inferior?
Is this a trick question?

They 'deserve' to be over-represented in prison because they commit more crimes.

Hoodrats, for pete's sake. Why does the left always have to have everything explained to them.

We don’t. We know exactly what you meant. What’s the consternation on your part over? How’s that FBI stat coming along? You find it yet?

Facts are not racism. The claim is fact. Blacks do commit violent crime at a rate of 2.4 times the number (per capita) than white people do.
When facts are racist, everything is racist!
This is a bit of what is referred to as "selective intellectualism".

We can all cherry pick FACTS and use them to draw conclusions that fit our existing baises.

For example, based upon mountains of research over the last 40 years, we also KNOW for a FACT that:
  • -Whites are more likely to USE drugs than Blacks
  • -Whites are more likely to SELL drugs than Blacks
  • -And yet, Blacks are THREE times more likely to be arrested, and SEVEN times more likely to be convicted and incarcerated compared to whites for the SAME offenses.
  • -Even though Black men are LESS likely to use/sell drugs than White men, Black men are sent to state prisons on drug charges at THIRTEEN times the rate of White men....and 57 times the rate of White me for federal prisons.
So in terms of policing, it's just as easy to use statistics to argue that Blacks are over-policed, and Whites are under-policed.

Now, are those facts "racist" to you, Cope?

The truth is that violent crime correlates with poverty, not race. And here's another statistical FACT: Practically the ONLY people attempt to justify police violence against non-whites......are bigoted whites.

The clear underlying message of the OP--as demonstrated by the attempt use selected statistical data to generalize about (and defend) police violence against unarmed African-Americans--is racial bigotry based upon an old, tired trope about black criminality.

Facts are not racism. This is true. Of course, this is also a red-herring, since NO ONE in this thread has implied as much. The USE of cherry-picked "facts" to justify racist police behavior in our society is VERY OFTEN based on racial biases and bigotry, however.

Of course, I'm pretty sure you knew that. You were just hoping to get away with that tired old trope of an rebuttal, weren't you?

This is a bit of what is referred to as "selective intellectualism".

We can all cherry pick FACTS and use them to draw conclusions that fit our existing baises.

For example, based upon mountains of research over the last 40 years, we also KNOW for a FACT that:
  • -Whites are more likely to USE drugs than Blacks
  • -Whites are more likely to SELL drugs than Blacks
  • -And yet, Blacks are THREE times more likely to be arrested, and SEVEN times more likely to be convicted and incarcerated compared to whites for the SAME offenses.
  • -Even though Black men are LESS likely to use/sell drugs than White men, Black men are sent to state prisons on drug charges at THIRTEEN times the rate of White men....and 57 times the rate of White me for federal prisons.
So in terms of policing, it's just as easy to use statistics to argue that Blacks are over-policed, and Whites are under-policed.

Now, are those facts "racist" to you, Cope?

The truth is that violent crime correlates with poverty, not race. And here's another statistical FACT: Practically the ONLY people attempt to justify police violence against non-whites......are bigoted whites.

The clear underlying message of the OP--as demonstrated by the attempt use selected statistical data to generalize about (and defend) police violence against unarmed African-Americans--is racial bigotry based upon an old, tired trope about black criminality.

Facts are not racism. This is true. Of course, this is also a red-herring, since NO ONE in this thread has implied as much. The USE of cherry-picked "facts" to justify racist police behavior in our society is VERY OFTEN based on racial biases and bigotry, however.

Of course, I'm pretty sure you knew that. You were just hoping to get away with that tired old trope of an rebuttal, weren't you?

VIOLENT crime.

Repeat after me.

Violent crime.

I have made no statements about non-violent crimes, or drug usage or any thing else you are trying to steer the conversation to.

Just violent crime.

VIOLENT crime.

Repeat after me.

Violent crime.

I have made no statements about non-violent crimes, or drug usage or any thing else you are trying to steer the conversation to.

Just violent crime.
Poverty correlates most closely with violent crime, not race..

Poverty correlates with violent crime, not race.

Say it with me.

Poverty correlated most closely with violent crime, not race.

Any/all attempts to "prove" otherwise with selective data....are ignorant and bigoted (at best), or mendacious and dishonest (at worst).

Which category best describes your point of view, Cope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom