• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blacks murder at a staggering 5 times the Rate of whites

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you think blacks deserve to be overrepresented in prison. Do you believe this is because they are inferior?
rates of crime discussed and the demographic serving time as a result are congruent

Poverty correlates most closely with violent crime, not race..

Poverty correlates with violent crime, not race.

Say it with me.

Poverty correlated most closely with violent crime, not race.

Any/all attempts to "prove" otherwise with selective data....are ignorant and bigoted (at best), or mendacious and dishonest (at worst).

Which category best describes your point of view, Cope?
I have already agreed with the poverty thesis. Poverty creates crime, and the black community is over-represented in the poverty category. You really should follow the thread instead of picking where to jump in.

When you assume the intention of something is to prove anything with a statistic (other than what the statistic proves), it's usually wrong.

Now why is the black community over-represented in the poverty category?

I have given three reasons:

All choices of their own

Educational importance
Out of wedlock babies
Crime

Stay away from all three and the disparity magically disappears. If Police don't need to be around to police areas of high violent crime, then likely the drug sentencing disparity magically goes away also.

I have already agreed with the poverty thesis. Poverty creates crime, and the black community is over-represented in the poverty category. You really should follow the thread instead of picking where to jump in.

When you assume the intention of something is to prove anything with a statistic (other than what the statistic proves), it's usually wrong.

All choices of their own

Educational importance
Out of wedlock babies
Crime

Stay away from all three and the disparity magically disappears. If Police don't need to be around to police areas of high violent crime, then likely the drug sentencing disparity magically goes away also.

You left out the obvious fact of systematic racism.

NOT A CHOICE OF THEIR OWN.

All choices of their own

Educational importance
Out of wedlock babies
Crime

The words of someone who has little-to-zero understanding of "the black community". It's always amusing to me why people like you think (and speak) about "the black community"....but never generalize about "the white community".

It's no mystery why you do it, just a bit amusing.

It's generally not a good idea for white people to generalize about and/or presume to understand issues that minorities face in this country.

And yet, you just did. At the very least, you're not African-American...and yet you felt comfortable enough to say what you did.

So now you get to back up your "reasons" (i.e. opinions based upon no personal knowledge) with some objective FACTS.

Please, do so now.

And, good luck explaining away the circular logic of attributing crime on poverty, and poverty on crime.

The words of someone who has little-to-zero understanding of "the black community". It's always amusing to me why people like you think (and speak) about "the black community"....but never generalize about "the white community".

It's no mystery why you do it, just a bit amusing.

It's generally not a good idea for white people to generalize about and/or presume to understand issues that minorities face in this country.

And yet, you just did. At the very least, you're not African-American...and yet you felt comfortable enough to say what you did.

So now you get to back up your "reasons" (i.e. opinions based upon no personal knowledge) with some objective FACTS.

Please, do so now.

And, good luck explaining away the circular logic of attributing crime on poverty, and poverty on crime.
When come back, bring discussion. I am not your errand boy for data. If you have something to discuss, discuss it, otherwise begone.

Say it with me.

Any/all attempts to "prove" otherwise with selective data....are ignorant and bigoted (at best), or mendacious and dishonest (at worst).

How many poor whites are there in the USA
how many poor blacks are there in the USA
51% of murders-or more (since black on black murders are the least likely to be solved) are committed by blacks

This doesn't correspond with your claim

Say it with me.

I don't think anyone is denying that. The caslty higher rate of black violence is still there. Ant it will by necessity show up in higher rates of black deaths by cop. It's to be expected, just like we are to expect higher rates of poor people (both black and white) killed by cops. It not an indication of cops targeting blacks or poor people. It's just the necessary math of it.

This has got to be one of the funniest clips out there, dear lord that last line was unexpected!

lol no doubt

So it is your position that black people in poverty commit an equal number of crimes to others in poverty (per capita of course) ? Not a single person in this thread has espoused a position of black people suck. I have said many times though that this problem, which affects the black community at a much greater rate than others, is a problem for the black community to fix (or work on with some outside help) but to stick your fingers in your ears and scream RACISM is not helpful. It's also disingenuous.
My postings come from a position of wanting to help. Is everyone like me, not likely, but my way offers the solution. You screaming racism at everything that affects the racial divide differently, does not.

Acknowledging a problem is the first step to fixing it. The ones screaming are the ones who refuse to accept the reality of institutional racism.

Also, poverty alone does not determine the number of crimes. Population density, for example, is also a major factor.

What a pathetic straw man post. I don't "want you to hate blacks". Nor did I remotely only such.

Nor did I try to justify murder.

Okay, but the issue of police malsfeasence has nothing to do with crime, white on white, white on black, black on black, or black on white.

Nothing, so what reason do you have to even bring it up?

I can't think of a legitimate one. Unless, of course, you are trying to make it seem okay for cops to shoot unarmed blacks 'because blacks murder five times as many blacks as cops murder blacks'.

Is that your totally ****ing asinine argument?

Thats exactly what you said.
"I will judge White people based on the activity of complete strangers 300 years ago, but I can not judge black people based on their own behavior right now."
Words have meanings, and that is what your words mean.
You're there: Reverse Racism. Skill Level Achieved: Woke.Congratulations. You have divorced yourself from the inconveniences of logic and reason. Hallelujah.

No, that's what you said.

My point had to do with the concept that I have empathy for their plight, in general, based on history.
that doesn't mean, if I were a judge, I would not put a criminal in jail, it just means exactly that, nothing more, nothing less.

That's what I said.

Why? People can and should imagine themselves in different circumstances. It helps build compassion and empathy.

This is the most important number that gets ignored in the debate over cop killings of blacks. Even conservatives refuse to stand up and speak the truth and defend law enforcement on this point it seems.

And no I didn't fail to adjust for population size. That is what "rates" are. If you doubt me I can walk you through the calculations based upon FBI raw data here:

This number is a mind blowing number.

A reasonable assumption given this number is that cops face approximately 5 times the life threatening situations dealing with blacks and we should expect approximately 5 times more blacks killed by cops during these 5 times often dangerous encounters.

The burden is on the left to prove that isn't a reasonable assumption.

The reality is blacks are killed at much less that 5 times often, indicating a caution among cops in general to avoid a Bad kill when dealing with blacks.

Notice I said in general. A few examples of unjust killings does not change this big picture reality.

How dare you hit the left with facts. You are being racist.

How dare you hit the left with facts. You are being racist.

I'm "the left" and facts dont bother me any.
Of course: I'm not a far left anarchist Black Lies Matter domestic terrorist.
So I dont think facts are "racist". To me they'll always just be "facts".

The ones screaming are the ones who refuse to accept the reality of institutional racism.

How do blacks ascend to be CEOs, Senators, House Reps, attorneys, brain surgeons etc, even the Presidency, but yet so many others are experiencing being "held back" by "institutional racism"?
How do you explain that? It only holds some back, and yet others thrive and prosper.

That doesnt seem....odd to you?
How has the White man screwed this aspect of it up do you think? Why does Whitey allow some blacks to succeed but not others?

Interested in your take on this, thanks.

I'm "the left" and facts dont bother me any.
Of course: I'm not a far left anarchist Black Lies Matter domestic terrorist.
So I dont think facts are "racist". To me they'll always just be "facts".
I used to be the left, a Humphrey democrat, union guy until the left went astray, no common sense, just mean.

I used to be the left, a Humphrey democrat, union guy until the left went astray, no common sense, just mean.

Well I certainly hope you're not a Republican either then. For the same reasons you just mentioned.

I'm with on that one. I was a democrat. Then a republican. Then a libertarian.
Now I'm just me.

Maybe blacks will behave better after whites steal their vote again--Fans of Jim Crow.

If blacks behaved better, there wouldn't be so many in prison.
If whites didn't need forced labor there wouldn't be so many prisons to throw blacks into.

Under the convict lease system, Major James ran his vast plantation using convicts leased from the state as his workers. He was responsible for their room and board, and had virtually total authority over them. With the incentive to earn money from prisoners, the state passed laws directed at African Americans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom