• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Black Man Praised After Slapping White Woman For Calling Him A Ni**er [W: 21]

Re: Black Man Praised After Slapping White Woman For Calling Him A Ni**er

if someone had done that to me, I would have tried to do what was right. I am not black, but I am a Puerto Rican and someone might one day call me a spic. I have never heard that called to me. So, barring any hard feelings at being called a spic I truly believe that my good nature would keep me from over reacting.

So this young man was wrong.

He need not have slapped her, but I certainly understand the why of him doing it.

I don't think violence is justified in response to someone saying something you don't like.

Her comments were out of order, but his action was premeditated assault.

According to the video, he told the bus driver twice to open the exit door and when the door did pop open, the tough guy quickly slapped her and then immediately jumped off the bus.

It seemed to me that the woman had a speech impediment and possibly also mental issues.

Finally the video loaded for me.....and it does look like she initially taunted him and then he egged her on.

Of course the slap was not right.

But they both are idiots.

Words never justify violence.

However.... ya need to be aware it may happen anyway if you don't watch what you say.

All I'm gonna say about that... :inandout:

So you're fine with a man slapping a woman because he's mean to her? Please. He should have left the bus and avoided a confrontation. Instead, he egged her on.

She should have been kicked off the bus.

The guy who says "say it one more time!" over and over isn't acting defensively. He's looking to fight.

Nah, those were warnings. You simply want to make this fit your narrative. Anyone who's been in this country for more than, say...8 seconds, knows what "Say that.....AGAIN...." means.

Words never justify violence.

However.... ya need to be aware it may happen anyway if you don't watch what you say.

All I'm gonna say about that... :inandout:

My thoughts exactly. What he did was wrong, but neither am I gonna rush to the defense of the victim, in this.

Physical assault is never okay; however, taunting someone in a vulgar fashion is never a good idea. I find it difficult to feel sorry for either of them.

A lot of evidence to indicate she was mentally ill. The way she so casually called him a N repeatedly without a care in the world demonstrates that she didn't realize she might get hurt for doing so. That's the classic "doesn't understand right and wrong" that they use in court to determine if a person is competent to stand trial.

No. Obviously he had no upbringing.

Greetings, apdst. :2wave:

This is not to excuse anyone's behavior, because we don't know anything about her upbringing either, or what could have caused her to call him a Ni**er, but it sure wasn't the smartest choice of words she could have chosen, since she knows nothing about him except his skin color, and he had nothing to do with that! He was wrong to get physical by slapping her, so both of them were wrong, IMO! When is this bull**** ever going to stop! :2mad:

It probably wasn't the best hing to do, but I couldn't help laughing a lot.
She got told.

Beautiful!

Seeing a woman get slapped that hard is funny to you? I saw what seemed to be a mentally handicapped woman with no sense of empathy...what kind of petty jerk would be offended by that?

Seeing a woman get slapped that hard is funny to you? I saw what seemed to be a mentally handicapped woman with no sense of empathy...what kind of petty jerk would be offended by that?

Absolutely! Funny as hell.
The best was "Call the Police!!!! He popped my eye out!"

Comedy Gold.

Physical assault is never okay; however, taunting someone in a vulgar fashion is never a good idea. I find it difficult to feel sorry for either of them.

This is pretty much how I feel. He shouldn't have hit her, but she also shouldn't have been acting that way. While her actions were in poor taste, his actions were criminal.

I do find it hypocritical that the same people that would praise this man for striking her would have condemned a white man for hitting a black woman if she were in his face calling him a cracker.

Nah. Women are equal.

This guy made her equal. To assume that a poor, frail women can't handle being struck by a man would be sexist.

Nah. Women are equal.

This guy made her equal. To assume that a poor, frail women can't handle being struck by a man would be sexist.

It doesn't matter that it was a woman or not. It could have been 2 Asian men or 2 Indian women. There is something called principles and ultimately they supercede race or gender. Sadly not everyone has them. Violence should always be considered a last resort and only in response to violence.

if she did this she definitely deserved it. Women hiding behind their gender to say anything gets old

So egregious I doubt even the standard defenders of violence against women will express support. Maybe if the guy was white. But who knows? There could be a "fighting words" defender along any time... "if it was a man, people wouldn't have a problem with it!! Equal treatment!!11!!"

Edit: whoops, looks like there's already a couple.

I heartedly agree.

And he was daring her several times over to say it again, and then waited 'till he could escape the situation, coming back to her to slap her before he ran off! What a wuss! He was a man that hit a women, and waited until he could get away with it and run away!

As badly as she may have been behaving, I have no respect for this guy. None.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…