• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bipartisan Senate report describes 2016 Trump campaign eager to accept help from foreign power

Among the key findings:

*That then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort was working with Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian intelligence officer, and sought to share internal campaign information with Kilimnik. The committee says it obtained "some information suggesting Kilimnik may have been connected" to Russia's 2016 hacking operation.

*That Trump and senior campaign officials sought to obtain advance information on WikiLeaks' email dumps through Roger Stone, and that Trump spoke to Stone about WikiLeaks, despite telling the special counsel in written answers he had "no recollections" that they had spoken about it.

*That Russian-government actors continued until at least January 2020 to spread disinformation about Russia's election interference, and that Manafort and Kilimnik both sought to promote the narrative that Ukraine, and not Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

*That Russia took advantage of the Trump transition team's inexperience and opposition to Obama administration policies "to pursue unofficial channels," and it's likely that Russian intelligence services and others acting on the Kremlin's behalf exploited the Transition's shortcomings for Russia's advantage.

*That the FBI may have been victim to Russian disinformation coming through intelligence sources such as the Trump dossier author Christopher Steele.

*And that campaigns, political leaders and other influential Americans must be even more diligent in the future not to fall victim to Russian interference, given the extent of Russia's efforts and successes to reach campaign operatives in 2016.

The fact that the Trump campaign avoided the label of criminal conspiracy suggests a razor's edge of semantics that could split an atom. Which is, of course, what we all knew back when the (oft-redacted) Mueller report came out.

So like 99% of the Russia interference stories are true.

But somehow the Senate GOP who did this report have nothing to say?

Is that only how you decide whom to vote for: "What's in it or not for me, the hell with the Republic?" Of course, why would it be a surprise the Trump lovers would be any different than His Dirtbagship?

Right what is in it for me is the promotion of the private sector that generated the best results in the history of this country for the first three years of his presidency, pre pandemic, results that you want to ignore

Your hatred for Trump isn't healthy and it results in very poor understanding of the role and responsibility of the President. You have offered no valid reason for this hatred and that makes you part of the problem not part of the solution. Really bothers you that Trump in 3 years generated 900 billion per year GDP dollar growth, 6.6 million jobs, reduced African American unemployment a full 2+% points under our First African American, took part time employment down to historic and record lows making the U-6 more than 2+% points lower than pre recession. Those are results the public will never ignore but the left will refuse to acknowledge

You suck up Russian propaganda like there's no tomorrow, yet seek to point fingers at "leftists" who deplore Trump's craven servitude to his benefactors.

Another foreigner with no understanding of history or our Constitution. Russian propaganda doesn't bother me as words never have, your partisan bs is nothing more than leftwing rhetoric out of touch with reality

Right what is in it for me is the promotion of the private sector that generated the best results in the history of this country for the first three years of his presidency, pre pandemic, results that you want to ignore

Your hatred for Trump isn't healthy and it results in very poor understanding of the role and responsibility of the President. You have offered no valid reason for this hatred and that makes you part of the problem not part of the solution. Really bothers you that Trump in 3 years generated 900 billion per year GDP dollar growth, 6.6 million jobs, reduced African American unemployment a full 2+% points under our First African American, took part time employment down to historic and record lows making the U-6 more than 2+% points lower than pre recession. Those are results the public will never ignore but the left will refuse to acknowledge

[emoji849]

Here we go with that idiocy again...

905ec4805940cc478c59300f52fa9488.jpg

They're still in E. Ukraine; Trump's surrogates are still using corrupt pro-Russian Ukrainian politicians to create a bogus case of corruption against Biden; Trump has said nothing about Russian bounties for Taliban kills of Americans in Afghanistan. How's that for starters?

Also gained a stronger foothold in the ME with trumps withdrawal of support from Syria and a stronger footing in Europe with trumps withdrawal from Germany. A weaket global footing of the US as we've turned against our traditional allies.

Putin pretty much gained everything he wants from clown boy puppet trump.

Why don't you go out for a walk, and ask the families of 165K dead Americans that?

If you can't walk, roll a wheelchair, or have someone push it.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Want to go with me in NY and NY into the families of nursing home residents who died because they were infected by people who tested positively and were returned to those nursing homes?

When you run out of things to attack Trump on your revert to pandemic results as if the public doesn't understand that governors are first responders not the President. Blaming Trump for deaths is a liberal hate tactic that isn't going to change any minds as people are sick and tired of the blame game coming from people like you, scare tactics, politics of personal destruction, defunding police, racist support from BLM, state bailout of fiscal irresponsibility. You have it nailed down to a tee, Trump is responsible for everything bad that has happened all because of the failure of people to take personal responsibility seriously. You obviously blame Trump for your own failures

Nope. Biden was on the board of Burisma so he wasn't technically an employee. The CEO of Burisma had been investigated by a number of entities within Ukraine, the UK and the EU for a slew of suspected financial dealings. Shokin was the prosecutor at the time Biden was on the board and he was trying to spike that investigation which is why the US and those other outside entities wanted him out. Shokin is now using a pro-Russian Ukrainian politician to try to flip the script on this with little success there but lots of backing from Dirtbag and his enablers here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a28342-adb1-11ea-a43b-be9f6494a87d_story.html
Excerpt from above article:

We know that Dirtbag and his cult will not stop lying about this but those lies will continue to be exposed.

What I know is you are a partisan leftwing hack with no understanding of the Constitution, civics and no ability to research results. We know exactly who people like you are, radical leftwing zealots trying to destroy the private sector and a President that is holding you responsible for your own personal responsibility issues.

Conservative said:
Still waiting for you to tell us exactly that Trump has done that has a direct negative affect on your or your family?
Undermining democracy and fair elections is a direct assault on me, you and our country.
Slowing down the Postal Service so it suppresses mail in ballots, that help him, also hurts veterans who get their medicines by mail. But he (and you) don't care.
An abysmal response to Covid-19, killing 200,000 Americans, hurts everyone.
I don't even have to get into his awful policies, like trade wars, that grove up prices for consumers.

What I know is you are a partisan leftwing hack with no understanding of the Constitution, civics and no ability to research results. We know exactly who people like you are, radical leftwing zealots trying to destroy the private sector and a President that is holding you responsible for your own personal responsibility issues.
You have taken Trump's cue and use projection of your weaknesses on opponents. It is you who are the hack, a blind right-wing hack, that has no knowledge or concern for the constitution.

We oppose Trump vehemently because we see how a Trump presidency debauches the country that WE love and democracy in general.

Want to go with me in NY and NY into the families of nursing home residents

I'm not your nurse, I'm not going with you anywhere.

I told you already, 165K dead Americans, why dont you ask their families how Trump contributed to their deaths?

:)

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

905ec4805940cc478c59300f52fa9488.jpg

Yep, thanks for the chart showing that pre pandemic due to Trump policies that was the first accurate statement you have ever made.

The graph is literally a straight line. Since you don't understand graphs, let me explain. There is no point where you can say, "Trump's policies improved the trend."

In other words, you have no actual reply, so you just call names. You lost.

I told you already, 165K dead Americans, why dont you ask their families how Trump contributed to their deaths?

------------------------

No, you aren't my nurse and neither Trump or me are your parents

No, you aren't my nurse and neither Trump or me are your parents
Good for me.

Nobody wants two deluded geriatrics who thinks 160K deaths are irrelevant for parents.

------------------------

The graph is literally a straight line. Since you don't understand graphs, let me explain. There is no point where you can say, "Trump's policies improved the trend."

although there’s a definite part where you can say ‘Trumps policies affected the trend’...

Then you tell me exactly what Russia gained by having Trump in the WH? Stop buying media spin and offer facts. Absolutely stunning the hatred you have for a President who has NO direct influence on your or your family. That defines liberalism and why the silent majority will kick the crap out of you in November

You're off topic and trying to distract from the OP, but I'll name a few anyway.

*Rapid decline of American prestige and respect on the world stage due to incompetent leadership.
*Dissolution of the Iranian Nuclear deal, freeing Iran (a Russian military and strategic ally) to continue working towards nukes without the necessary global unity to enforce economic sanctions.
*No response to the revelations of Russian bounties on American soldiers, which should have been diplomatically damaging for Russia.
*No response from our leadership over Russian meddling in our democracy
*Our leadership sowing distrust in our own intelligence services, in favor of Russia's own.
*160000+ dead Americans due to gross incompetence in managing the virus.
*The precedent of absurd and blatant corruption in the highest office going completely unpunished.

All of the above weakens our security and our democracy itself. As our enemy, Putin benefits from this weakness. As an American citizen, this weakening of our democracy is a direct influence on me and my family's safety.

I also disagree with the "puppet" description. Your Dirtbag has been more of a useful idiot. Putin's got something over him (and I don't think it's the golden shower thing either because Dirtbag probably not be embarrassed by that. It's bigger and it's about money and how a completely failed "deal maker" like Dirtbag could still get foreign banks to lend to him when American banks wouldn't touch him with a barge pole).

But, on another point: Why do you people continue citing extreme rightwing puke funnel outlets like Cato makes your case when it just shows how thin it is?

I've been of that opinion from day one. Trump is so egotistical AND so naive and uniformed (and proudly so) he could not be trusted to coordinate or even discuss tactics or strategies. But play to his ego and watch him do your dirty work for you. Well played, Russia, well played.

Another foreigner with no understanding of history or our Constitution. Russian propaganda doesn't bother me as words never have, your partisan bs is nothing more than leftwing rhetoric out of touch with reality

Will you address the thread or not? Stop derailing the thread, AGAIN

Among the key findings:

*That then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort was working with Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian intelligence officer, and sought to share internal campaign information with Kilimnik. The committee says it obtained "some information suggesting Kilimnik may have been connected" to Russia's 2016 hacking operation.

*That Trump and senior campaign officials sought to obtain advance information on WikiLeaks' email dumps through Roger Stone, and that Trump spoke to Stone about WikiLeaks, despite telling the special counsel in written answers he had "no recollections" that they had spoken about it.

*That Russian-government actors continued until at least January 2020 to spread disinformation about Russia's election interference, and that Manafort and Kilimnik both sought to promote the narrative that Ukraine, and not Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

*That Russia took advantage of the Trump transition team's inexperience and opposition to Obama administration policies "to pursue unofficial channels," and it's likely that Russian intelligence services and others acting on the Kremlin's behalf exploited the Transition's shortcomings for Russia's advantage.

*That the FBI may have been victim to Russian disinformation coming through intelligence sources such as the Trump dossier author Christopher Steele.

*And that campaigns, political leaders and other influential Americans must be even more diligent in the future not to fall victim to Russian interference, given the extent of Russia's efforts and successes to reach campaign operatives in 2016.

It sure is, shows exactly what happens when you shutdown the U.S. economy in a bipartisan effort where radicals like you only blame Republicans

Hang on. I thought only 15 people had COVID and that was going to go down to 0?

------------------------

Why don't you address conservative's post? He was talking about the lack of leadership shown by blue state governor Cuomo regarding the deaths of nursing home patients.

Why don't you address conservative's post? He was talking about the lack of leadership shown by blue state governor Cuomo regarding the deaths of nursing home patients.

Why don't you address the THREAD?

Among the key findings:

Back
Top Bottom