• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Billionaire Ken Griffin hopes ‘three-time’ loser Trump steps aside

Stop pitching this tripe. Most Americans aren’t stupid enough to believe it, and it looks silly. No dictator in history has ever tried to ensure that the citizenry could possess firearms. In fact, the first thing dictators try to do is disarm the public. They also limit free speech and “cancel” people who espouse opinions they don’t agree with or want aired in public. Stalin and Mao made “canceling” people into an art form. Since many Democrats support these things, if anyone’s a threat to democracy it’s them.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with canceling people who bray disinformation that is harmful to others or foments violence. I am all for it.
And believe it or not the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the constitution. No one is going to take that right away.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with canceling people who bray disinformation that is harmful to others or foments violence. I am all for it.

First of all, I’m not talking about fomenting violence. But, yeah, there is otherwise something wrong with it. Besides being tyrannical, we’re supposed to be adults who can reason and weigh differing opinions and arguments. However, there seems to be this tendency on the Left to try to silence opposing viewpoints, whether it be related to things like academic discussions concerning climate models or various aspects of the Covid pandemic. That is dangerous.

And believe it or not the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the constitution. No one is going to take that right away.

You know, no one us going to take away freedom of the press or speech in China either, because those rights are guaranteed in the People’s Republic of China’s constitution. 😉

In actuality, words on a piece of paper don’t mean squat unless there’s something to back them up, like 400 million gun barrels.

I'm always curious what you mean by 'rights'? Americans are not that free, and things won't change as institutions do not change less by force. Trump would never have been able to pull a dictatorship-role as he is too stupid and too old. Trump is way past his prime, if he was still in his forties-ok, he might have a chance. But today? Just not possible.

The two-party system makes sure the narrative is controlled and won't be accepting others.
Did anyone say they expected Trump to win on Jan. 6th? Trump is far worse than just stupid he is a pathological narcissist who is without any morals or guardrails. That makes him dangerous. He thought he might win and that is for sure. Otherwise there is always bankruptcy.

First of all, I’m not talking about fomenting violence. But, yeah, there is otherwise something wrong with it. Besides being tyrannical, we’re supposed to be adults who can reason and weigh differing opinions and arguments. However, there seems to be this tendency on the Left to try to silence opposing viewpoints, whether it be related to things like academic discussions concerning climate models or various aspects of the Covid pandemic. That is dangerous.

You know, no one us going to take away freedom of the press or speech in China either, because those rights are guaranteed in the People’s Republic of China’s constitution. 😉

In actuality, words on a piece of paper don’t mean squat unless there’s something to back them up, like 400 million gun barrels.
1. This isn’t China and
2. Your right to free speech doesn’t include yelling “fire” in a crowded movie theater-or any other language that is clearly harmful to others. That’s why the medical specialty boards are disciplining doctors who spread misinformation about covid. There are obviously situations where “canceling” the language used by others is warranted.

1. This isn’t China and….

Right. But it’s still words on paper. Democrats in one breath say democracy was at stake on January 6th, but in the next say, “That can’t happen here!” They need to make up their friggin’ minds. Remember, we fought a civil war over those words. Who’s to say it can’t happen again? The world is littered with tyrants and failed “democracies.”

2. Your right to free speech doesn’t include yelling “fire” in a crowded movie theater-or any other language that is clearly harmful to others. That’s why the medical specialty boards are disciplining doctors who spread misinformation about covid. There are obviously situations where “canceling” the language used by others is warranted.

I’m not talking about things like fomenting violence and disruptions to the social order by yelling “Fire!” in a crowded theater. I’m talking about silencing people who simply voice unpopular opinions or opinions contrary to the official state dogma.

Right. But it’s still words on paper. Democrats in one breath say democracy was at stake on January 6th, but in the next say, “That can’t happen here!” They need to make up their friggin’ minds. Remember, we fought a civil war over those words. Who’s to say it can’t happen again? The world is littered with tyrants and failed “democracies.”

I’m not talking about things like fomenting violence and disruptions to the social order by yelling “Fire!” in a crowded theater. I’m talking about silencing people who simply voice unpopular opinions or opinions contrary to the official state dogma.
Opinions that are just opinions are obviously part of free speech. Where I draw the line is when what is said affects the health and well being of others. Examples of this would be promoting useless treatments for covid such as Ivermectin, claiming the vaccines don't work or have side effects that have not been scientifically demonstrated...things of that nature. If you want to claim that the last presidential election was stolen feel free. You will sound like an idiot but your opinion hurts no one but yourself.

Stop pitching this tripe. Most Americans aren’t stupid enough to believe it, and it looks silly. No dictator in history has ever tried to ensure that the citizenry could possess firearms. In fact, the first thing dictators try to do is disarm the public. They also limit free speech and “cancel” people who espouse opinions they don’t agree with or want aired in public. Stalin and Mao made “canceling” people into an art form. Since many Democrats support these things, if anyone’s a threat to democracy it’s them.
Free speech means I get to criticize your speech, and in turn you get to whine about being "canceled" every time someone dares disagree with you. Free speech means that if you act like an asshole, I get to call you an asshole. Don't like being called an asshole? Try not acting like an asshole.

Free speech means I get to criticize your speech, and in turn you get to whine about being "canceled" every time someone dares disagree with you. Free speech means that if you act like an asshole, I get to call you an asshole. Don't like being called an asshole? Try not acting like an asshole.

Hey, the Nazi bastards can call me an asshole all they want. But don’t try to get me fired from my job or put pressure on social media companies to close my accounts because they disagree with my thesis that, say, a laboratory in Wuhan, China was the source of Covid, or climate models that conclude global warming is man-made are based on faulty assumptions. Let’s talk about it like grownups.

If you believe that storming the Capitol and calling for Pence to be hung supports democracy because he would not rig an election, we have nothing to talk about;

"45 percent of Republican voters backed the attack on the Capitol building."

"During a House Oversight Committee hearing on the Jan. 6 riot, Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga., said the House floor was not breached and that the supporters of former President Donald Trump who stormed the Capitol behaved “in an orderly fashion.” (bold mine)

If you believe that storming the Capitol and calling for Pence to be hung supports democracy because he would not rig an election, we have nothing to talk about;

This country endured an orgy of violence, death, and destruction back in 2020, and the Democrats and their apologists in the media brushed it off, saying the George Floyd protests, including those outside that White House that led to the president being led to his security bunker, the injury of scores of Secret Service agents, and the torching of the rectory of the 200-year-old St. John's church, were an extension of "largely peaceful protests," while anyone who attended the January 6th protest is branded a seditionist. The hypocrisy is astounding, but not surprising. Until Democrats acknowledge that, you're right, we have nothing to talk about.

"45 percent of Republican voters backed the attack on the Capitol building."

Source that. It has the ring of bullshit.

Opinions that are just opinions are obviously part of free speech. Where I draw the line is when what is said affects the health and well being of others. Examples of this would be promoting useless treatments for covid such as Ivermectin, claiming the vaccines don't work or have side effects that have not been scientifically demonstrated...things of that nature. If you want to claim that the last presidential election was stolen feel free. You will sound like an idiot but your opinion hurts no one but yourself.

So was the Great Barrington Declaration open letter’s argument, signed by thousands of doctors and scientists that lockdowns were harmful, an example of what you’re talking about? Because one of its principal authors now says academic freedom is dead:

"The basic premise is that if you don't have protection and academic freedom in the hard cases, when a faculty member has an idea that's unpopular among some of the other faculty – powerful faculty, or even the administration … If they don't protect it in that case, then you don't have academic freedom at all," Dr. Jay Bhattacharya told Fox News Digital in a phone interview.

I can’t say I’m sorry to see Fauci go. Bon voyage, jerk! 👋

We're all about to witness some very ugly days within the Republican party.

"The three losses Griffin referenced are Trump’s 2020 reelection defeat, the party’s loss of two Georgia Senate seats in January 2021 runoffs and this year’s midterms."
No

Only Trump for 2024

No one deserves it more than the GOP.

So was the Great Barrington Declaration open letter’s argument, signed by thousands of doctors and scientists that lockdowns were harmful, an example of what you’re talking about? Because one of its principal authors now says academic freedom is dead:

Sorry, but I don’t consider FoxNoNews to be a reliable source of information.
There are covidiots in every profession. I saw that list at one point and I don’t intend to review it again. The vast majority of the people who signed it are not medical people-and all of them are fools. I would have quashed that document if I was in charge of a media outlet because it has the potential to harm people. There is a place for canceling people.

Sorry, but I don’t consider FoxNoNews to be a reliable source of information.

So even though the statement from Dr. Bhattacharya concerning academic freedom being “dead” was published in bracketed quotes from a phone interview with Fox News you’re telling me you don’t believe it simply because you don’t trust Fox? Do you have ANY evidence Fox has ever faked or made up a direct quotation, or would this just be something you made up?

There are covidiots in every profession. I saw that list at one point and I don’t intend to review it again. The vast majority of the people who signed it are not medical people-and all of them are fools. I would have quashed that document if I was in charge of a media outlet because it has the potential to harm people. There is a place for canceling people.

So you think the “fools” should be silenced then, even if they’re tenured academics and researchers at world-renowned universities like Stanford, Harvard, and Oxford? What if the “fools” later turn out to be right:

“The preponderance of available evidence from the fall school semester has been reassuring,” wrote three CDC researchers in a viewpoint piece published online Tuesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association. “There has been little evidence that schools have contributed meaningfully to increased community transmission.”

The idea that young, school-age children served as Covid “super-spreaders” has been largely debunked, despite the efforts of the Fauci cultists and fanatics in government and the “believable” media.

Last edited:
So even though the statement from Dr. Bhattacharya concerning academic freedom being “dead” was published in bracketed quotes from a phone interview with Fox News you’re telling me you don’t believe it simply because you don’t trust Fox? Do you have ANY evidence Fox has ever faked or made up a direct quotation, or would this just be something you made up?

So you think the “fools” should be silenced then, even if they’re tenured academics and researchers at world-renowned universities like Stanford, Harvard, and Oxford? What if the “fools” later turn out to be right:

The idea that young, school-age children served as Covid “super-spreaders” has been largely debunked, despite the efforts of the Fauci cultists and fanatics in government and the “believable” media.
FoxNoNews is for entertainment only. It has virtually no value in broadcasting real news. Case in point: Tucker Carlson. Academic freedom is alive and well with the exception of restrictions when it adversely affects others with lies and misinformation. As I wrote, the vast majority of signees on that document were unqualified to judge the infection control measures that were implemented. Lockdowns saved lives; thats a fact. You keep people away from each other and the disease spreads more slowly. When the vaccines became widely available there was less of a need for lockdowns, but until that time lockdowns were a necessary means of infection control. Why do you think hospitals have isolation rooms?
You should be grateful to Dr Fauci for helping to get the country through this disaster as best he could with a jackass as his boss. And you should realize that the jackass is a mass murdered responsible for tens of thousands-if not hundreds of thousands-of unnecessary deaths.

FoxNoNews is for entertainment only. It has virtually no value in broadcasting real news. Case in point: Tucker Carlson.

Do you understand the difference between a news anchor, reporter, or correspondent and a political commentator? Because Tucker Carlson is clearly a commentator, offering his own viewpoints/opinions and not presenting those opinions as “news.”

Fauci, one of the world's most highly qualified and eminent epidemiologists and virologists is a 'jerk'? What brought you to that conclusion? The 'Great Barrington' lot are a bunch of morons who promoted 'herd immunity' as the way to go, and dismissed lockdowns as useless. Herd immunity experiments have failed anywhere they were tried; Sweden being a prime example of this failed wishful thinking.

If we add in the law suits regarding the 2020 election that have been lost by Mr. Donald Trump, the number of losses climbs to quite a tad more than three.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Back
Top Bottom