• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill O'Reilly threatened a caller

Stinger said:
24 Hours

Aps, your dead..................................just kidding just kidding.;)

Ahhh, so that is Jack Bauer. Everyone I know who watches that show loves it. I can't get into it. I have to watch American Idol and The Apprentice, and I can't get hooked on anymore shows. Prior to The Apprentice, I was watching The Bachelor. I know, I know--how pathetic. I love watching the catfights between the women.......

Billo Really couldn't threaten himself out of a paper ba.........oh..."Bill O'Reilly." As you were.

aps said:
Ahhh, so that is Jack Bauer. Everyone I know who watches that show loves it. I can't get into it. I have to watch American Idol and The Apprentice, and I can't get hooked on anymore shows. Prior to The Apprentice, I was watching The Bachelor. I know, I know--how pathetic. I love watching the catfights between the women.......

It's the only "series" I watch, maybe American Idol at the end but other than that news or Turner Classic Movies or sports.

Stinger said:
Who" Oreilly? Sometimes. Springer, his TV show No, his radio show very little his talk is meandering cliche'd and pointless, mostly baseless tired old assertions. Air American could certainly have found someone better than him to host the morning show.

Stinger - common ground! Why AAR thought Springer was a good choice is beyond me. 24 rocks! Did you catch McCain's cameo a few weeks ago?

Their next hire was Thom Hartmann, who is very well informed, so I guess they realized their mistake. Hartmann will be a great replacement for Senator Franken in 08. ;)

maps.jpg

aps said:

aps - get yourself some TIVO or a DVR. IMHO, best invention in the past 5 years! You could TIVO 24 and watch it when all of your faves are in re-runs.
Just my 2 cents.

hipsterdufus said:
aps - get yourself some TIVO or a DVR. IMHO, best invention in the past 5 years! You could TIVO 24 and watch it when all of your faves are in re-runs.
Just my 2 cents.

Got an old or spare computer?
Build your own and you don't have to pay the monthly or lifetime fees.

Build Your Own PVR

hipsterdufus said:
Just my 2 cents.

I watched 24 the first, second and most of the third season. Somewhere mid-way through the third season I couldn't get the thought "just how many bad days can one guy have?" out of my head. I tried watching a little here and there since, but it's one of those watch it all the time or not at all series.

BTW, I love Tivo. I actually have Dish Networks version- DVR. Love it.

hipsterdufus said:
Stinger - common ground! Why AAR thought Springer was a good choice is beyond me. 24 rocks! Did you catch McCain's cameo a few weeks ago?

Their next hire was Thom Hartmann, who is very well informed, so I guess they realized their mistake.

If they're around that long, they are sinking fast.

Hartmann will be a great replacement for Senator Franken in 08. ;)

don't guess you've seen Franken's polling numbers. Why one earth would you vote for that duffus anyway? He can barely manage an intelligent conversation on his radio show, he really lost out when his co-host left she was the only one who kept his show going. Everytime I tune it in he's repeating the same old tired cliche's, he did it today when I hit the button to see what was on, just a rambling litney of bogus charges against the Bush administration.

What would Franken do as far as Social Security? How about economic growth? How about Iran? What would he do to fight terrorism? And tell me without using the word Republican.

Olbermann had the caller that was dumped on his show yesterday. The caller stated that he used no foul language and was very polite. He mentioned that he enjoyed Olberman's show - which is what incited O'Really to sick Fox security on him.

The caller did in fact get a call from Fox Securirty and he played the call on Olbermann's show! Too much. :rofl

Howard Stern also had fun with O'Really losing it, "You don't call the police when someone calls in to your talk show and states an opininion you don't agree with"

Franken had a bit on AAR.

A caller got through to O'Reilly's radio show Thursday and insists he used no foul language, that all he did was mention Olbermann’s name, compliment ‘Countdown’, and asked, Why are you always smearing him, Bill? And the host, using the dump button all talk radio shows have on the seven-second delay, cut him off.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11698322/

hipsterdufus said:
Just my 2 cents.

hipster, I have a DVR. I love it. In fact, I will delay watching American Idol so I can fast forward during the commercials.

The whole reason I don't want to get into 24 is that I feel like I watch too much TV.

hipsterdufus said:
Olbermann had the caller that was dumped on his show yesterday. The caller stated that he used no foul language and was very polite. He mentioned that he enjoyed Olberman's show - which is what incited O'Really to sick Fox security on him.

The caller did in fact get a call from Fox Securirty and he played the call on Olbermann's show! Too much. :rofl

Howard Stern also had fun with O'Really losing it, "You don't call the police when someone calls in to your talk show and states an opininion you don't agree with"

Franken had a bit on AAR.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11698322/

DAMN IT! I didn't tape Olbermann last night because I was taping American Idol (I don't have the capability of taping 2 shows at the same time). I could kick myself!

aps said:
DAMN IT! I didn't tape Olbermann last night because I was taping American Idol (I don't have the capability of taping 2 shows at the same time). I could kick myself!

I can tape 2 at a time with my DVR. Hmmm.
The segment was just too hilarious for words.

aps said:
That is possible, but I doubt it. Bill O'Reilly is trying to get Olbermann fired from MSNBC. I am guessing that the minute he hears Olbermann's name, he goes nuts. That's what I might do if someone said "Stinger" to me. ;)

:lol:

Look, Stinger, face it. He is a nutjob.
Actually I have to agree with Stinger on this one. Whatever the caller said, it was cut out. What I don't understand is why Bill O would edit it to the point of simply Keith Obermann then click.
Bill O is a nut head though. As is Rush Limbaugh.

O'Reilly has been on the threshold of losing it for sometime now. Looks like he's finally gone over the edge. In his normal (if one can use that word with him) life he is a nut job and a loose cannon as well. A few years ago he tried to sue his neighbor over some stupid lawn sprinkler affair. The judge laughed him out of court with a stern warning to never come back with a case that so inanely wasted the courts time. I know this neighbor of his and he and some of his friends say that O'Reilly is a real vindictive SOB and one mean pr¡ck.

Bill O Reilly is an arrogant *** but he isn't as much a nutjob as say Hannity, Limbaugh, Franken or Randi Rhodes.

SixStringHero said:
Bill O Reilly is an arrogant *** but he isn't as much a nutjob as say Hannity, Limbaugh, Franken or Randi Rhodes.

O'Reilly has sexually harrassed an employee, threatened callers, lied about his credentials, lied about his competition's ratings, threatened competitors and shouted down guests on his show.

Forget the fact that he just makes stuff up on a regular basis - the "truthiness" factor. He's a loon.

hipsterdufus said:
sexually harrassed an employee
nice to see the liberals are all for Innocent until proven guilty :roll:

hipsterdufus said:
threatened callers
only the loons, left and right

hipsterdufus said:
lied about his credentials
mind backing this up please

hipsterdufus said:
lied about his competition's ratings
and this too
hipsterdufus said:
threatened competitors
lol
hipsterdufus said:
shouted down guests

if the idiot would stay on point and not go directly to the talking points, EVERYONE gets their say on his show, unless you can prove it, which you can not

DeeJayH said:
nice to see the liberals are all for Innocent until proven guilty :roll:

only the loons, left and right

mind backing this up please

and this too

lol

if the idiot would stay on point and not go directly to the talking points, EVERYONE gets their say on his show, unless you can prove it, which you can not

All the things that hipsterdufus has mentioned are true and can be backed up. I will leave it to him to do that and if he doesn't then I will.

hipsterdufus said:
O'Reilly has sexually harrassed an employee, threatened callers, lied about his credentials, lied about his competition's ratings, threatened competitors and shouted down guests on his show.

They why do you find it impossible the argue his points on an intellectual basis? Do you think you hyperbole makes his political positions erroneous or something?

NPR did a hilarious story this morning (Sunday 3-12) on the Ted Baxter / Olbermann feud.

Stinger said:
They why do you find it impossible the argue his points on an intellectual basis? Do you think you hyperbole makes his political positions erroneous or something?

Once more in English please?

hipsterdufus said:
Once more in English please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
They why do you find it impossible the argue his points on an intellectual basis? Do you think your hyperbole makes his political positions erroneous or something?

hipsterdufus said:

Forget the fact that he just makes stuff up on a regular basis - the "truthiness" factor. He's a loon.
And yet, without a link to your allegations, you're just making stuff up, as well.

Back
Top Bottom