• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bill O'Reilly threatened a caller

hipsterdufus said:
O'Reilly has sexually harrassed an employee, threatened callers, lied about his credentials, lied about his competition's ratings, threatened competitors and shouted down guests on his show.

Forget the fact that he just makes stuff up on a regular basis - the "truthiness" factor. He's a loon.
Wow!...That's simply horrible....

If I were you, I'd make sure he gets voted out of office immediately...Someone like that shouldn't be in a position of representing the public...In fact, people like him should be left to their own devices and maybe find a job in the private sector...like, let's say, a "news pundit"...where people could decide for themselves whether he's watchable or not...

Wait...nevermind...

hipsterdufus said:
O'Reilly has sexually harrassed an employee, threatened callers, lied about his credentials, lied about his competition's ratings, threatened competitors and shouted down guests on his show.

Forget the fact that he just makes stuff up on a regular basis - the "truthiness" factor. He's a loon.

I was simply commenting on his political views. Compared to the aforementioned names, he isn't as bad as them in my opinion as far as his political stances.

As far as his personal character....well, that's another story.

Last edited:
hipsterdufus said:
Ted Baxter always says he doesn't threaten people - recently he made that remark to Mike Farrell.

Of course, he's full of it. Here's a funny montage of O' Lielly smearing folks.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603130003

Oh, you aree so right, those were just horrible examples of "personal attacks".:rofl

Really though professor, can you really trust a link that starts..................?

"At Media Matters for America, we monitor, analyze, and correct conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

I am so glad they are out there protecting me, because it's all about the folks!:lol:

Deegan said:
Oh, you aree so right, those were just horrible examples of "personal attacks".:rofl

Really though professor, can you really trust a link that starts..................?

"At Media Matters for America, we monitor, analyze, and correct conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

I am so glad they are out there protecting me, because it's all about the folks!:lol:

So are you sating that that's not Bill O? It's a fake clip? Listen if that SOB wants to attack people he should expect the same and stop his faggy whining, Oh damn I just attacked Bill O'Reilly. How terrible of me.

Inuyasha said:
So are you sating that that's not Bill O? It's a fake clip? Listen if that SOB wants to attack people he should expect the same and stop his faggy whining, Oh damn I just attacked Bill O'Reilly. How terrible of me.

He simply gives as good as he gets, and those people just can't stand the thought that he does a good job, and is extremely successful. Everyone of these people that complain, are the same ones that smear the man on a daily basis, of course I don't feel sorry for him, he handles himself just fine. So attack him all you want, just don't pretend it's a one way street, or that it's not warranted, because you know what......that sounds like "faggy whining":rofl

Deegan said:
He simply gives as good as he gets, and those people just can't stand the thought that he does a good job, and is extremely successful. Everyone of these people that complain, are the same ones that smear the man on a daily basis, of course I don't feel sorry for him, he handles himself just fine. So attack him all you want, just don't pretend it's a one way street, or that it's not warranted, because you know what......that sounds like "faggy whining":rofl

That's just what I said, If he is going to attack then he should expect the same in return except he complains when he is attacked. look at his childish response to the Olbermann thing. I would have had more respect for him had he just ignored it, after all he is now a rich and powerful figure. He should be above that but he doesn't have that strong of a mentality.

Inuyasha said:
That's just what I said, If he is going to attack then he should expect the same in return except he complains when he is attacked. look at his childish response to the Olbermann thing. I would have had more respect for him had he just ignored it, after all he is now a rich and powerful figure. He should be above that but he doesn't have that strong of a mentality.

Well I disagree, he is very strong, stronger then I would be, stronger then you I assume. He does a radio show, and a major television show everyday, it can't be easy to do, and to remain cool, calm, and collected. I could not handle the intense amount of scrutiny he endures daily, just look at the wild pack of wolves in this thread. No, he does the best he can, and in a very difficult situation, and I respect how he handles himself, and the issues he takes on. Some may not agree with him, or the direction he takes, but they have to respect the mans commitment to what he believes. He fights for the things that your average citizen, who is constantly ignored, and has not the audience, cares about, and would like to see addressed, i.e, protecting our kids, illegal immigration, incompetent judges, politicians, and others infecting our society.

Yeah, Bill is the problem in this country, he should be ashamed.:roll:

In the beginning back in the 90's when he started I liked him. He said many times on his show "Don't be blinded by your ideology." Today he doesn't say this nor does he observe it. Like many people of the tyrannic ilk he has let his money and his "imagined" power corrupt him. He does have power but not as much as he would like to believe. He has become a loose cannon. he has gone back to his "Hard Copy" days and is using the tactics of yellow journalism of which tabloid shows are famous or infamous as the case may be. You like him. Fine I don't and for the reasons I have mentioned and others which, so far, I have not.

Inuyasha said:
In the beginning back in the 90's when he started I liked him. He said many times on his show "Don't be blinded by your ideology." Today he doesn't say this nor does he observe it. Like many people of the tyrannic ilk he has let his money and his "imagined" power corrupt him. He does have power but not as much as he would like to believe. He has become a loose cannon. he has gone back to his "Hard Copy" days and is using the tactics of yellow journalism of which tabloid shows are famous or infamous as the case may be. You like him. Fine I don't and for the reasons I have mentioned and others which, so far, I have not.

This is where you are confused, he does not claim to be a journalist, his is a opinion based program, and calling it "yellow journalism" only makes you look desperate. But hey, you don't like him, that's fine, I'm sure he will survive, the numbers speak for themselves.

Deegan said:
I'm sure he will survive

I think Ted Baxter will be out of the business in the next few years. I've heard from people at Fox who don't drink the Koolaid that he's pretty close to "losing it" It wouldn't surprise me.

hipsterdufus said:
I think Ted Baxter will be out of the business in the next few years. I've heard from people at Fox who don't drink the Koolaid that he's pretty close to "losing it" It wouldn't surprise me.

oh yeah
the number one cable news program is at deaths door
he will be done in but a few years :doh :roll:
keep wishing though:2wave:
what ever floats your boat

I love Ted Baxter. Best weatherman Minneapolis ever had.

DeeJayH said:
oh yeah
the number one cable news program is at deaths door
he will be done in but a few years :doh :roll:
keep wishing though:2wave:
what ever floats your boat

We'll see. Stephen Colbert's persona on the Colbert Report would be the perfect replacement for Baxter or anyone else on Faux for that matter.

10046239_67f7f00a54.jpg

jfuh said:
Hmmm Jon as Pres and Stephen as VP lol. That would be very entertaining.

He could do a Pat Paulsen thing, and run every election.

I think Bush has been implementing Paulsen's amendment proposals

Article 1
Section 1. All legislative powers herein shall be vested in the President of the United States of America for life.
The President will have complete control of all forts and arsenals and other needful buildings necessary to secure the safety of his citizens.

Section 7. All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the office of the President. He shall have power to lay and collect taxes to provide for the common defense and general welfare of his family and friends. If the country is in peril for the lack of essential minerals, oil and land necessary for its citizens, he may encourage incursions into other lands not belonging to the United States for the procurement of these valuables.

Section 9. No title of nobility shall be granted except in the case of the office of the Presidency of the United States. Henceforth the President will be referred to as "Your Eminence". Protocol also recommends that other nations give full faith and credit to the title of "Sovereign Deity".
http://www.paulsen.com/

First phone sex, now this. Mr. O becomes a Jeckle and Hide when he gets around a phone. He should just stick to his Blackberry. Or maybe join telenon.

Back
Top Bottom