• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden's 'Made In America' Plan Is Bullying Homeowners Off Their Land to Build a Taxpayer-Subsidized Chip Plant

Yes, but not by bullying people to sell their homes to make room for it.
Its absolutely insane people can sooner think about bullying someone out of their home than granting the property that some totally unused factory is just collecting dust in for this factory.

In the end it still boils down to @jonny5's very nearly admitted outlook that, if it's for a Republican project, it's okay but if it's for Biden's Made in America plan, not okay.
Partisan hackery and hypocrisy or, "another day that ends in the letter Y for DP."

Border wall: Seize anything and everything, at gunpoint if necessary. Stiff the landowners and don't finish the project or, if you do, ignore the fact that it's falling apart in less than a year.
Chip factory in Syracuse: HELLFIRE and DAMNATION, the Demoncrats are taking people homes through iminint dough-main!

View attachment 67423733
PS: Some of you people are getting dictionaries for Christmas.

It wasn't ok for the border wall or the pipeline and it's not ok for a chip plant

I suppose we have plenty of unused sites that could be torn down and rebuilt but we need qualified workers and accommodations...

It wasn't ok for the border wall or the pipeline and it's not ok for a chip plant
I want my chips. We bought a vehicle months ago and are still waiting for the heated seat ( won't be used but came with the package) and back up whatnot chip.

Yes, but not by bullying people to sell their homes to make room for it.
I agree.. As I mentioned earlier... Utica... Rochester... Syracuse... All sorts of decent size cities on the Mohawk River with open spaces or empty buildings that they could have chose... Idk why they picked where they did...

Ha! Just did some searching.

That area has likely never seen some of the prices that most of those properties sold for.

These people were not sent out into the street poor and destitute. Many made a very nice profit - well above what the market would have paid.

The last few hold outs should cash in while they can.

I can't weigh in unless I have the facts and I don't really HAVE the facts.
But I do know that eminent domain has been a thing since before the American Revolution.
No matter WHO was in the White House, no matter WHO cooked up the plan, no matter WHO greased WHO'S palms, one way or another eminent domain was probably going to play a role.

Ha! Just did some searching.

That area has likely never seen some of the prices that most of those properties sold for.

These people were not sent out into the street poor and destitute. Many made a very nice profit - well above what the market would have paid.

The last few hold outs should cash in while they can.

$650k for a house up there.. That's damn good money...

But I do know that eminent domain has been a thing since before the American Revolution.
No matter WHO was in the White House, no matter WHO cooked up the plan, no matter WHO greased WHO'S palms, one way or another eminent domain was probably going to play a role.
Why? Theres plenty of abandoned factory land. Why must someone give up their home for private profit?

Why? Theres plenty of abandoned factory land. Why must someone give up their home for private profit?

I SAID:

And neither do you or you would have shared them.
I do not know WHY the land they chose is the land they chose.
It might be that the abandoned factory properties are too messed up and the company doesn't want to find themselves on the hook for another Love Canal situation.

1668810129720.png

I'm not arguing that point.. I use to live upstate... From Amsterdam NY west along the Mohawk River to Buffalo there's a lot of empty places they could have chosen..

I don't know why they picked where they did...
OH I agree 100% I have NO idea why that site was chosen there is so much empty area in western NY and we do need the jobs
Have a nice day

$650k for a house up there.. That's damn good money...
Right?!

It looks like the local government has been buying these people out for years, at VERY tidy sums, in the hopes of attracting a big tech company to the area.

This is going to be huge for them. Completely revitalize the area and bring in SO many jobs, income, industry, etc.

I really hope for the last few holdouts, they will take one of these very nice offers being made.

You do NOT see those sorts of prices in the average real estate market in that area.

...but we need qualified workers and accommodations...

Something else a lot of Americans aren't interested in investing in.
I guess we will be importing another few thousand H-1B engineers because America prefers saddling college kids with forever debts if they want to be engineers while the candidate countries educate and train their people for free or almost free.

Tuff stuff for white people and "their" land.
- Every Native American living on next to nothing.

Do people not realize that towns/areas go TRYING to get these types of companies to choose them? To invest and build there?

It is competitive.

This town went out and "sold" THIS site, their town, etc. to Micron. They pitched them. Over and over and over. Texas was also trying to get them to choose a location there. NY won. This LOCATION won.

This isn't the federal government coming in and saying "we're just taking your land". This was strategic planning by that town's leaders to go out and try to get industry for their town. To set their town up for a better financial future. The commercial site has been in the works since the 90s. And they've been adding acreage by buying out properties around the original site for years now.

Do you not want towns to try to entice businesses to come there? Do you think they'd be better off if a Walmart distribution center went into the original smaller-size commercial plot? Maybe a Dollar General and a pop up Halloween store?

Or should that spot have continued to sit vacant because a few hold outs disagree?

Or do you think that by expanding and enticing Micron - they're going to have better future economic prospects for their residents?

Or is this just truly some attempt to get a dig at Biden when Biden had absolutely zero input on what location Micron chose and has had zero influence on the decisions that this town has been making for years and decades?

I'm guessing that not a lot of actual THOUGHT or research went into the OP or many of the replies here. Just reactions because of "Biden bad" or "eminent domain bad".

Last edited:
I'm from upstate NY... So when I read this a couple of months ago I was happy for that area.. They need it, it's great news..

But I admit, I'm a little confused... Look what's going on up there now.. 4-5-6 feet of snow.
I realize Syracuse isn't Buffalo.. But still Syracuse gets a lot of lake effect snow... Not as much.. But they get it..

Crazy...

I'm from upstate NY... So when I read this a couple of months ago I was happy for that area.. They need it, it's great news..

But I admit, I'm a little confused... Look what's going on up there now.. 4-5-6 feet of snow.
I realize Syracuse isn't Buffalo.. But still Syracuse gets a lot of lake effect snow... Not as much.. But they get it..

Crazy...
And they know how to deal with it. (Syracuse is actually the "snowiest city in America")

Something else a lot of Americans aren't interested in investing in.
I guess we will be importing another few thousand H-1B engineers because America prefers saddling college kids with forever debts if they want to be engineers while the candidate countries educate and train their people for free or almost free.
Something to think about.

Oh, I thought you were saying that one storm was causing 70” of snow. Not for an entire season. Busy day.
This 70 inches is 2 days... Not the whole year.. This weekend, 70 inches... The winds are blowing across Lake Erie, picking up moisture and dropping it as snow...

Something to think about.

Welp, way I figger, if that chip factory gets built in the next two years, that'll be right around the time Rethuglikkkans start bitching and moaning "bout all them thar brown skinned immargrintz from Brown People Lands like India offending their whiteness and why in tarnation are thuh Demoncrats letting them in hear?"

Because two years from now we'll still be hearing them bitch and moan about why kint them spoilt librul kids jes fork over the fifty grand they need for them 50 thousand a year engineer jobs at the chip factory.
Soooo, we're gonna have us a deficit of chip engineers that won't be filled real soon.
But at least them chips are gunna be made raght hear in Murrikuh.
And maybe around 2024 Syracuse will be enjoying a glut of Indian and Chinese food eatin places and Upstate New Yawkuz will discover the joys of Naan Bread and Peking Duck....served by Murrikin kids who couldn't afford the college to git them engineerin' jobs that Biden and Micron made available.

This 70 inches is 2 days... Not the whole year.. This weekend, 70 inches... The winds are blowing across Lake Erie, picking up moisture and dropping it as snow...

Yeppers, winter up them parts tends to be like that.
Erie is a cruel mistress some years.

Back
Top Bottom