• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden violates the US Constitution on his first day

I went inside the information center and the park store. I would have also gone into the restaurant, but they were closed. There were easily 40 to 50 people located within each of the buildings, and hundreds more milling around outside. Several groups of them were waiting for either the train to take them to either Fairbanks or Anchorage, or they were waiting for the bus to drive them deeper into the park. They do not allow vehicles beyond a certain point in the park, and you are required to take the bus, ride a bicycle, or walk.

I was there. You clearly weren't.

I didn't say there were hundreds of people inside any buildings. I said that there hundreds of unmasked people milling around the entrance area, where the information center, restaurant, park store, and train station are located. There are three parking lots for vehicles, and three parking lots for RVs. The parking lot with the cars were packed. Only a few open spots still remained when I pulled in. The RV parking was also more than half full.

I was not vaccinated, and I wasn't alone. How do the feds know whether or not anyone has been vaccinated? Not only is it illegal, it is a monumentally stupid requirement.
Yet their site says that those places are closed this summer. Who to believe?

It is not illegal by the way to put out guidelines for how people should protect themselves from a virus based on vaccinated or not.

As for the rest, BS is a trade of those trying to downplay COVID.

Do you know how stupid that sounds???

You can't go into a store with no shirt or no shoes...

It is a public health issue not a constitutional issue...

You would not believe what restraunts have to comply to to operate...

But I'm vaxed, my family is as well, as I said let the stupid people die, natural selection at its finest....
What part of the federal government escaped your grasp? I'm not talking about private companies, I'm referring specifically to Biden's illegal mask mandate. Biden is violating the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments with his illegal Executive Order.

Yet their site says that those places are closed this summer. Who to believe?
Except for the restaurant/cafe, they clearly were not closed.

It is not illegal by the way to put out guidelines for how people should protect themselves from a virus based on vaccinated or not.

As for the rest, BS is a trade of those trying to downplay COVID.
It is illegal for government to deprive anyone of their liberty without due process of law. Which is exactly what Biden's illegal Executive Order mandating masks does.

What part of the federal government escaped your grasp? I'm not talking about private companies, I'm referring specifically to Biden's illegal mask mandate. Biden is violating the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments with his illegal Executive Order.
How do you think typhoid Mary handled her rights???

There are times that public health supersedes individual rights...

How do you think typhoid Mary handled her rights???

There are times that public health supersedes individual rights...
Typhoid Mary was given her due process rights under the law. Which is more than can be said for anyone under an illegal mask mandate. Typhoid Mary appeared before the courts on three separate occasions where government had to provide evidence that proved beyond a reasonable doubt that she was infected, contagious, and a threat to the public before she was quarantined for life.

If you actually had a clue, you wouldn't make such ignorant statements about sacrificing individual rights. The Supreme Court has already held in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38 (1905) that regardless of the emergency, government may not supersede the US Constitution or the Bill of Rights that it contains.
While a local regulation, even if based on the acknowledged police power of a State, must always yield in case of conflict with the exercise by the General Government of any power it possesses under the Constitution, the mode or manner of exercising its police power is wholly within the discretion of the State so long as the Constitution of the United States is not contravened, or any right granted or secured thereby is not infringed, or not exercised in such an arbitrary and oppressive manner as to justify the interference of the courts to prevent wrong and oppression.

How do they know who has been vaccinated and who hasn't been?

The federal government cannot deprive people of their liberty without due process of law. Which makes any mandate imposed by the federal government that restricts or limits my liberty illegal.

INB4 sovereign citizen.

INB4 sovereign citizen.
Its called the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. Get a clue.
No person shall be ... deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

[N]or shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

Both of which Biden has already violated on his very first day as President.

We should check to see if the flag has tassels.

You are mistaken, there are no limits concerning the protection offered by the "due process clause." As the Supreme Court held in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38 (1905):

Nothing supersedes the US Constitution, not even declared emergencies.
I think that Japanese-Americans interned in WW2 might disagree with you, as would the Supreme Court who heard their case, Korematsu v. United States.

To be sure, this decision is considered by many to be one of the worst in modern times. Still, it was the law of the land.

I think that Japanese-Americans interned in WW2 might disagree with you, as would the Supreme Court who heard their case, Korematsu v. United States.

To be sure, this decision is considered by many to be one of the worst in modern times. Still, it was the law of the land.
It is you who are mistaken. The Japanese-Americans were denied their due process rights and illegally imprisoned by Democrat fascists. The Republican-controlled Congress enacted the Japanese American Evacuation Claims Act of 1948 in order to compensate those Japanese-Americans for the crimes committed against them by Democrat fascists, including the Supreme Court after FDR had replaced all nine justices with his own stooges between 1937 and 1943. Which means the Supreme Court was entirely in FDR's pocket by 1944, because that is what fascists do.

Those Japanese-Americans would be the first to comprehend that Biden is violating the US Constitution by ignoring the individual due process rights of every American with his illegal mask mandate. It is what Democrat fascists do best - violate the individual rights of everyone.

No decision by the Supreme Court between 1937 and 1945 (the year of FDR's death) can be considered valid. The Supreme Court was under duress by a fascist Democrat who was eager and more than willing to replace any justice that dared disagree with him, whether they wanted to be replaced or not. FYI, only two Supreme Court justices retired in 1941, and one left the Supreme Court in 1942 to work for the Executive Branch. All the rest mysteriously died almost immediately after holding 11 of FDR's 15 coveted New Deal programs unconstitutional.

Last edited:
It is you who are mistaken. The Japanese-Americans were denied their due process rights and illegally imprisoned by Democrat fascists. The Republican-controlled Congress enacted the Japanese American Evacuation Claims Act of 1948 in order to compensate those Japanese-Americans for the crimes committed against them by Democrat fascists, including the Supreme Court after FDR had replaced all nine justices with his own stooges between 1937 and 1943. Which means the Supreme Court was entirely in FDR's pocket by 1944, because that is what fascists do.

Those Japanese-Americans would be the first to comprehend that Biden is violating the US Constitution by ignoring the individual due process rights of every American with his illegal mask mandate. It is what Democrat fascists do best - violate the individual rights of everyone.

No decision by the Supreme Court between 1937 and 1945 (the year of FDR's death) can be considered valid. The Supreme Court was under duress by a fascist Democrat who was eager and more than willing to replace any justice that dared disagree with him, whether they wanted to be replaced or not. FYI, only two Supreme Court justices retired in 1941, and one left the Supreme Court in 1942 to work for the Executive Branch. All the rest mysteriously died almost immediately after holding 11 of FDR's 15 coveted New Deal programs unconstitutional.

What am I mistaken about? Korematsu was never overturned, just morally rectified. I used it as an example of an emergency situation in which due process rights were denied by the federal government, and that denial upheld by the Supreme Court. That is something that you said could never happen, but then you agreed that it did. The Japanese were wrongfully imprisoned - hence the 1948 Claims Act - but not "illegally" imprisoned, as the Supreme Court ruled in the government's favor. That is the very definition of legal under the Constitution.

Again, was it a bad decision? ****ing right it was. But it was valid, in a legal sense, and will remain so (sadly) until (if) it is revisited in another case. Like Plessy v. Ferguson until Brown v. Board of Education. The Constitution is a set of rules, questions about which are arbitrated by the Supreme Court. Disliking a decision doesn't mean you can claim one is "invalid" because you don't like the court or administration of the time. It's this pesky concept called the rule of law and it is how our system works. Without it, we're screwed. If the rules are followed, you have to accept the outcome and live to fight another day. If you could go around claiming this and that to be invalid, what's to prevent someone who disagrees with you from doing the same? That's chaos.

All that said, I am curious about something, and if it was covered earlier in the thread I apologize for missing it. I scanned most of the thread rather than reading it. I am unclear what due process rights you think have been denied by a mask mandate, especially since there were no enforcement provisions and penalties specified. And if it violates due process to take measures to protect public health, are you saying that the government can never take any such measures? For example, are states that do not offer exemptions from school immunization requirements violating due process? What about for public safety? I guess I'm just not seeing what has got you so hot and bothered.

What am I mistaken about?
You were mistaken stating "that Japanese-Americans interned in WW2 might disagree with" me. As I demonstrated, it is those who were illegally deprived of their individual due process rights that would be in support of my position. Anything that violates the Supreme Law of the Land is illegal, no matter what the Supreme Court may decide.

Again, was it a bad decision? ****ing right it was. But it was valid, in a legal sense, and will remain so (sadly) until (if) it is revisited in another case. Like Plessy v. Ferguson until Brown v. Board of Education. The Constitution is a set of rules, questions about which are arbitrated by the Supreme Court. Disliking a decision doesn't mean you can claim one is "invalid" because you don't like the court or administration of the time. It's this pesky concept called the rule of law and it is how our system works. Without it, we're screwed. If the rules are followed, you have to accept the outcome and live to fight another day. If you could go around claiming this and that to be invalid, what's to prevent someone who disagrees with you from doing the same? That's chaos.
As I also previously pointed out, the rules were not followed. FDR replaced all nine justices on the Supreme Court between 1937 and 1943, whether they wanted to be replaced or not.

FDR began 1937 by asking the Democrat-controlled Congress to add more justices to the Supreme Court, and they refused. He then asked the Democrat-controlled Congress to make 70 years old a mandatory retirement age for Supreme Court justices, and again they refused. That is when FDR began replacing the entire Supreme Court.

No decision made by the Supreme Court between 1937 and 1945 can be considered valid considering the court was under extreme duress.

All that said, I am curious about something, and if it was covered earlier in the thread I apologize for missing it. I scanned most of the thread rather than reading it. I am unclear what due process rights you think have been denied by a mask mandate, especially since there were no enforcement provisions and penalties specified. And if it violates due process to take measures to protect public health, are you saying that the government can never take any such measures? For example, are states that do not offer exemptions from school immunization requirements violating due process? What about for public safety? I guess I'm just not seeing what has got you so hot and bothered.
Under both the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments the government is specifically prohibited from depriving any individual of their life, liberty, or property without due process of law first. Government imposed mask and social distancing mandates deprives everyone within the jurisdiction of the US of their liberty. Due process of law must precede any government deprivation.

As in the case with Typhoid Mary, who was tried in a court of law by government on three separate occasions. Where the government was required to present evidence proving beyond a reasonable doubt that she was infected, contagious, and a threat to the public, BEFORE she was quarantined for the rest of her life. Typhoid Mary was given her right to due process of law.

It is the exact same individual due process rights we provide everyone accused of a crime, BEFORE government is allowed to deprive them of their liberty and put them in prison.

If government wants to impose mask and social distancing mandates, then they can only do so on an individual by individual basis in a court of law, proving their case beyond a reasonable doubt by presenting evidence that the individual is whatever the government accuses, BEFORE imposing any mandate and depriving them of their liberty.

Government (federal, State, or local) may not violate the US Constitution in cases of emergency, or to protect public health, or any other excuse they may concoct, as the Supreme Court held in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38 (1905):
While a local regulation, even if based on the acknowledged police power of a State, must always yield in case of conflict with the exercise by the General Government of any power it possesses under the Constitution, the mode or manner of exercising its police power is wholly within the discretion of the State so long as the Constitution of the United States is not contravened, or any right granted or secured thereby is not infringed, or not exercised in such an arbitrary and oppressive manner as to justify the interference of the courts to prevent wrong and oppression.

You were mistaken stating "that Japanese-Americans interned in WW2 might disagree with" me. As I demonstrated, it is those who were illegally deprived of their individual due process rights that would be in support of my position.
The internees would certainly have agreed that such a national emergency should not allow the government to circumvent due process. However, they would also have agreed that it did in fact allow the government to circumvent due process. In this case, there were clearly limits concerning the protection offered by the clause because the government set limits that were upheld by the Supreme Court, the body assigned by the Constitution to that role.
Anything that violates the Supreme Law of the Land is illegal, no matter what the Supreme Court may decide.
No, that is exactly what the Supreme Court decides.
As I also previously pointed out, the rules were not followed. FDR replaced all nine justices on the Supreme Court between 1937 and 1943, whether they wanted to be replaced or not.
FDR began replacing justices when they died or resigned. You have not provided an example of a justice who was replaced unwillingly.
FDR began 1937 by asking the Democrat-controlled Congress to add more justices to the Supreme Court, and they refused. He then asked the Democrat-controlled Congress to make 70 years old a mandatory retirement age for Supreme Court justices, and again they refused. That is when FDR began replacing the entire Supreme Court.
You have not demonstrated duress. Roosevelt tried shenanigans and the Democratic majority in Congress wisely and prudently refused to go along. The court clearly had the backing or the other branch of government in its contest with the President. Not exactly “extreme duress.” In any case, SCOTUS is always under pressure, political, social and cultural; fortunately their job security is insulated from that pressure.
No decision made by the Supreme Court between 1937 and 1945 can be considered valid considering the court was under extreme duress.
I do accept the decisions as valid, even – especially - the distasteful ones - because not to do so would violate the Constitution. And it would be fruitless. I don't have authority to invalidate such decisions any more than someone who likes them has the authority to validate them. That rests with the Court and the Constitutional process. If Congress thinks such decisions are so terrible, they can pass Constitutional amendments and have the States ratify them. That's the way it works.
Under both the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments the government is specifically prohibited from depriving any individual of their life, liberty, or property without due process of law first. Government imposed mask and social distancing mandates deprives everyone within the jurisdiction of the US of their liberty. Due process of law must precede any government deprivation.
The 5th concerns felony crimes and the "liberty" in this context has to do with not being tossed in the slammer because the police don't like the color of your tie. You seem to have a different concept of liberty here. What liberty are you referring to?

The 14th might be more favorable ground for you, because whereas the 5h concerns due process by a court of law for a crime, the 14th has to do with the power of government to interfere in people's affairs.
As in the case with Typhoid Mary, who was tried in a court of law by government on three separate occasions. Where the government was required to present evidence proving beyond a reasonable doubt that she was infected, contagious, and a threat to the public, BEFORE she was quarantined for the rest of her life. Typhoid Mary was given her right to due process of law.

It is the exact same individual due process rights we provide everyone accused of a crime, BEFORE government is allowed to deprive them of their liberty and put them in prison.

If government wants to impose mask and social distancing mandates, then they can only do so on an individual by individual basis in a court of law, proving their case beyond a reasonable doubt by presenting evidence that the individual is whatever the government accuses, BEFORE imposing any mandate and depriving them of their liberty.

Government (federal, State, or local) may not violate the US Constitution in cases of emergency, or to protect public health, or any other excuse they may concoct, as the Supreme Court held in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38 (1905):

Based on what rationale? What liberty exactly does a mask mandate deprive someone of?
I am not sure what the significance of Jacobson has for you. The court found in favor of the state, upholding the use of police power to protect public health, though certainly the decision outlined the tension between its social compact theory and theory of limited government.

There is a great write up here. Haven’t read of all it yet but will because it looks really interesting.

I just returned from Alaska.
And after all the time surrounded by people from everywhere in the airports and on planes I am damn happy for Biden’s ex order!!!

I can’t even begin to imagine how many lives he has saved…

I just returned from Alaska.
And after all the time surrounded by people from everywhere in the airports and on planes I am damn happy for Biden’s ex order!!!

I can’t even begin to imagine how many lives he has saved…
I'm not the least bit surprised that you support trampling our liberties into the dirt, all leftists do. It is that very anti-Life, anti-Liberty, and anti-Pursuit of Happiness ideology that makes leftists anti-American.

I'm not the least bit surprised that you support trampling our liberties into the dirt, all leftists do. It is that very anti-Life, anti-Liberty, and anti-Pursuit of Happiness ideology that makes leftists anti-American.
Mask mandates are trampling liberties? News to me. Pursue your happiness six feet away from me, please. Another day, another thousand dead.

Mask mandates are trampling liberties? News to me. Pursue your happiness six feet away from me, please. Another day, another thousand dead.
Yes, mandates of wearing mask do violate a person liberties, however, it is your right to wear a mask if you choose to do so, that is one of your liberties.

You need to understand that it is the people and citizens of this country that own the federal government, the government does not own itself. WE the PEOPLE created this government, the government did not create itself and therefore the governance of the federal government lays in the hands of the people. The Bill of Rights spells out certain enumerated rights that the federal government or the states can not violate. The 9th amendment retains to the people the rights NOT enumerated in the Constitution but are essential to the preservation of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Yes, mandates of wearing mask do violate a person liberties, however, it is your right to wear a mask if you choose to do so, that is one of your liberties.

You need to understand that it is the people and citizens of this country that own the federal government, the government does not own itself. WE the PEOPLE created this government, the government did not create itself and therefore the governance of the federal government lays in the hands of the people. The Bill of Rights spells out certain enumerated rights that the federal government or the states can not violate. The 9th amendment retains to the people the rights NOT enumerated in the Constitution but are essential to the preservation of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

9th Amendment: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
And yet we the people can mandate masks for others, as well as metal detectors at airports, use of seat belts, smog checks, all for (GASP!) the common good, albeit limiting "a person's liberties." But am I not getting your point?

And yet we the people can mandate masks for others, as well as metal detectors at airports, use of seat belts, smog checks, all for (GASP!) the common good, albeit limiting "a person's liberties." But am I not getting your point?
No, we the people can not mandate wearing a mask, that act infringes upon a person liberty. Now you can mandate wearing a mask for yourself and your family, but that's as far as your right extends. Store can mandate wearing a mask because they are private companies and not federal and people have the choice to shop at those stores or not. The federal government can require an auto maker to install seat belts, but the federal government can not make you wear them, however, local and state laws my require you to wear them, but it all comes down to your choice. Metal detectors at air ports are required by federal law due to the federal government has control of all ports of call within the U.S. and it's territories and they can set what ever requirements they see fit.

No, we the people can not mandate wearing a mask, that act infringes upon a person liberty. Now you can mandate wearing a mask for yourself and your family, but that's as far as your right extends. Store can mandate wearing a mask because they are private companies and not federal and people have the choice to shop at those stores or not. The federal government can require an auto maker to install seat belts, but the federal government can not make you wear them, however, local and state laws my require you to wear them, but it all comes down to your choice. Metal detectors at air ports are required by federal law due to the federal government has control of all ports of call within the U.S. and it's territories and they can set what ever requirements they see fit.
In the presence of a national pandemic where more than 10% of Americans have contracted the virus and we lose well over 1000 per day, and given the extent of federal regulations in all sorts of areas unrelated to that huge number of deaths (under federal law the stores you mention cannot discriminate on several bases) people are likely to see your analysis as hair splitting in the face of an emergency, however defensible on paper. (Presumably the Feds could require seat belts to be worn on the Interstate, but for the impracticality of enforcement, as in the cases you mention.)

No, you can't. At least not legally. But since when has the law ever stopped leftist filth?

Mask mandates are as illegal as the TSA. In both cases the US Constitution never granted the federal government the authority. The TSA violates the Fourth Amendment, while leftist filth continue to violate the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments with their illegal mask mandates.

No, you can't. At least not legally. But since when has the law ever stopped leftist filth?

Mask mandates are as illegal as the TSA. In both cases the US Constitution never granted the federal government the authority. The TSA violates the Fourth Amendment, while leftist filth continue to violate the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments with their illegal mask mandates.
Why do you believe that? This is actually in our federal Constitution:

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;-And

Why do you believe that? This is actually in our federal Constitution:

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;-And
As I have stated numerous times already, the federal government is limited to only those power the US Constitution specifically grants them. If the power is not specifically granted to them by the US Constitution, then the Tenth Amendment prohibits the federal government from exercising that power. The federal government may not violate the US Constitution, even in cases of pandemics, as the Supreme Court has already held in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905).

Furthermore, with regard to mask mandates and social distancing specifically, those are infringements against the people's liberty and freedom of association. The Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments requires the government to provide due process of law prior to depriving anyone of their liberty. Failure to comply is a violation of the US Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom