• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden uses call with Xi to lay out consequences for China if it supports Russia attack on Ukraine

We don't know. He's not tweeting about it.

Btw, do you know about all the covert stuff that happens internationally. If you do list it all so we can figure out what could happen.
We can infer based on what he has done in the past; escalate trade wars and sanction individuals. I'm not sure that will deter China. It didn't deter Russia. Or Iran. Or North Korea.

But maybe this time!

We can infer based on what he has done in the past
So you're just gonna guess.

It appears you do need for him to put everything on Twitter.

Now we get 3 days of you nit picking. I need to coat my ankles with vaseline to discourage the ankle biting.

On Biden’s part, apparently.
No, Biden is actually dealing with world events and world powers and world leaders maturely while you sit on your couch and complain.

And he's not constantly on Twitter acting like a 15 year old reality TV punk.

That's because we have a real president running things instead of some whack-job reality tv personality.
Announcing the sanctions against Russia - good. Announcing sanctions against China bad?

Can you explain your "logic?"

No, Biden is actually dealing with world events and world powers and world leaders maturely while you sit on your couch and complain.

And he's not constantly on Twitter acting like a 15 year old reality TV punk.

Being more presidential than Trump is like expecting praise for not posting yourself in public.

None of which changes the fact that if China continues supporting Russia the only thing the US can really do, sadly, is whine.

None of which changes the fact that if China continues supporting Russia the only thing the US can really do, sadly, is whine.
This is a lie.

But it makes sense doesn't it? You're not privy to all the info.

It looks like Putin is gonna pay a HUGE economic price for murdering teachers and dentists and small business owners.

"We have that concern," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. "The President detailed what the implications and consequences would be if China provides material support to Russia as it conducts brutal attacks against Ukrainian cities and civilians. And that is something we'll be watching and the world will be watching."

Senior administration officials described the call as "direct," "substantive" and "detailed," but would not offer many details about the lengthy conversation. The bulk of the leaders' discussion centered on the war in Ukraine and the implications the crisis would have for US-China relations and the "international order," an official said. But the administration refused to publicly detail what those consequences would be."

What's frustrating about this administration is this same song and dance of cloak and dagger answers they give.

What will be the consequences for China if they assist Russia? A direct answer to that question would be helpful. Absent of one leaves me to draw the conclusion that they really don't have a response prepared.

Righties like a loud mouth, bully, braggart, baffon like our previous president.

I like Biden's behind the scenes effectiveness. It is not necessary to advertise to the whole world what our plans are.

Of course advertising our invasion plans months in advance are politically advantageous. Worked great for dick and jr.
Effectiviness???

His behind the scenes tactics didn't prevent Russia from invading the Ukraine.

What's frustrating about this administration is this same song and dance of cloak and dagger answers they give.
what you really mean is that this administration doesn't live on Twitter.

Announcing the sanctions against Russia - good. Announcing sanctions against China bad?

Can you explain your "logic?"
Starting a trade war for fun vs. putative measures against an aggressor?

Can you really not see the difference here?

Effectiviness???

His behind the scenes tactics didn't prevent Russia from invading the Ukraine.

I don't think anything could have stopped him.

Much like dick Cheney and the invasion of Iraq he thought they would be greeted as liberators.

The arrogance of these powerful people amuses me.

But Biden is certainly making him pay for that arrogance.

I'm sorry it bothers you that Biden actually does things strategically, unlike your God, who just makes a bunch of stupid belligerent noise, does nothing, and then claims victory. But really, we have had enough of these tireless bumper sticker posts.
are you sure about that?

what you really mean is that this administration doesn't live on Twitter.
I mean what I say.

This administration also does not suffer from all the deep state leaks either. The media has seemed to of lost interest in reporting on them. I wonder why that is...

Starting a trade war for fun vs. putative measures against an aggressor?

Can you really not see the difference here?

I believe sanctions against China would be much more than a trade war. Biden has the entire free world behind him.

Back an aggressive dictator and you are guilty too!

I mean what I say.

This administration also does not suffer from all the deep state leaks either. The media has seemed to of lost interest in reporting on them. I wonder why that is...
this administration does what competent administrations do. they don't live on Twitter and opinion TV shows to inflame issues.

that's being mature adults.

this administration does what competent administrations do. they don't live on Twitter and opinion TV shows to inflame issues.

This administration lacks providing the adequate amount of transparency for the public's trust.

Biden, again, was impeccable. He asked nothing of China and simply expressed concerns.
Now its on China.

Thank God for Joe during this time.

I watch the White House news conference yesterday... no venom or hate at all..
Just questions and answers.
So different from the cow Huckabee or the Barbie who followered her.

I hope we never have to live through the Trump hate again.

This administration lacks providing the adequate amount of transparency for the public's trust.
you're not gonna get information about our negotiations, threats and covert ops during a war where we're trying to stop the slaughter of fellow humans.

and you never did.

I watch the White House news conference yesterday... no venom or hate at all..
Just questions and answers.
So different from the cow Huckabee or the Barbie who followered her.

I hope we never have to live through the Trump hate again.
didn't they just completely stop news conferences?

Too bad the media won't tell the public what those implications and consequences are.

I guess the Biden pukes don't think we need to know that. (Or maybe they want to be able to cover their asses when things inevitably go south on them.)
You don't need to know. You may have gotten used to the previous presidential imposter bragging and blustering and boasting about what he could do if he decided to do something but that's not how diplomacy normally works. A lot is behind the scenes and that's how it should be. We'll just take as a given that whatever went on, you disapprove of it.
And what's with the juvenile schoolyard language so many rightists are using these days? Anger, frustration, desperation, what's driving you all to channel your inner pre-teen?

I am the PRESIDENT...
Your boy lost... Get over it...
-peace

AdorableMaleAnt-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom