• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden uses call with Xi to lay out consequences for China if it supports Russia attack on Ukraine

I'm absolutely certain all the pukes think you don't need to know anything. About anything.
You are right. They want everyone to shut up and do what they say.

Starting a trade war for fun vs. putative measures against an aggressor?

Can you really not see the difference here?
Huh? Is this your Trump diseased infested brain commenting?

I ask why it's OK for Biden to announce ahead of time his proposed sanctions against Russia, but not against China? What's the big secret?

Huh Is this your Trump diseased infenst brain commenting.

I ask why it's ok for Biden to announce ahead of time his proposed sanctions against Russia, but not against China? What's the big secret?
Never show your cards to the enemy

You don't need to know. You may have gotten used to the previous presidential imposter bragging and blustering and boasting about what he could do if he decided to do something but that's not how diplomacy normally works. A lot is behind the scenes and that's how it should be. We'll just take as a given that whatever went on, you disapprove of it.
And what's with the juvenile schoolyard language so many rightists are using these days? Anger, frustration, desperation, what's driving you all to channel your inner pre-teen?
The others don't seem to have an answer other than TRUMP. Why is it'ok for Biden his proposed sanctions against Russia to announce ahead of time, but not against China? What's the big secret?

The others don't seem to have an answer other than TRUMP. Why is it'ok for Biden his proposed sanctions against Russia to announce ahead of time, but not against China? What's the big secret?
Why tell russia our plans so they could counter them with china?

That's moronic

I don't know, do you think Putin and Xi might need to be handled differently? Russia and China, maybe there's not a diplomatic magic silver bullet that works on both.
And maybe pandering to the public isn't Biden's priority in this kind of thing. Maybe he isn't trying to squeeze the maximum positive publicity out of what might be a critical bit of diplomacy.

I don't know, do you think Putin and Xi might need to be handled differently? Russia and China, maybe there's not a diplomatic magic silver bullet that works on both.
And maybe pandering to the public isn't Biden's priority in this kind of thing. Maybe he isn't trying to squeeze the maximum positive publicity out of what might be a critical bit of diplomacy.
How is explaining the consequences of supporting a murderous war criminal regime is "pandering to the public?"

Why tell russia our plans so they could counter them with china?

That's moronic
i don't think we argue with negotiators. hell, i'm convinced that most of the people i argue with aren't even low level business owners or people with much responsibility within companies.

i think a bunch are just retired.

another thread where if you pay attention you'll see who the Putin/Russia sympathizers are.

How is explaining the consequences of supporting a murderous war criminal regime is "pandering to the public?"
Are you still talking about Xi?
Why would Biden tell the world what passed between him and Xi? The only reason I can think of would be to curry public favour, but maybe Xi refuses to operate on that basis.
I don't understand why this is a problem. Diplomacy has always been a behind-the-scenes thing. Secretive. That's always been understood. What's happened that makes Joe Blow think he's entitled to know the details of a conversation between the two most prominent heads of state in the world?

Are you still talking about Xi?
Why would Biden tell the world what passed between him and Xi? The only reason I can think of would be to curry public favour, but maybe Xi refuses to operate on that basis.
I don't understand why this is a problem. Diplomacy has always been a behind-the-scenes thing. Secretive. That's always been understood. What's happened that makes Joe Blow think he's entitled to know the details of a conversation between the two most prominent heads of state in the world?
Not sure why you are dodging this question. Let me type it slower. Why did Biden publicly announce his consequences against Putin ahead of time, but he's not telling us the consequences he's threatened Xi with? Not usre what your re getting at "pandering to the pubic" "curry favor with the pubic" "Joe Blow" The purpose of letting the world know the consequences is to put the pressure of the world on China, same as it is with Russia.

Not sure why you are dodging this question. Let me type it slower. Why did Biden publicly announce his consequences against Putin ahead of time, but he's not telling us the consequences he's threatened Xi with? Not usre what your re getting at "pandering to the pubic" "curry favor with the pubic" "Joe Blow" The purpose of letting the world know the consequences is to put the pressure of the world on China, same as it is with Russia.
Because we are not at war with china. We are in a sanctions war with russia so never reveal your cards

I am the PRESIDENT...
Your boy lost... Get over it...
-peace

AdorableMaleAnt-size_restricted.gif
1647710152757.png

I haven't dodged anything. Let me say it again- I know, I'll just cut-and-paste the last time I answered the question...

"I don't know, do you think Putin and Xi might need to be handled differently? Russia and China, maybe there's not a diplomatic magic silver bullet that works on both."
Here's one for you- do you think Xi could be dealt with in the same way Putin is? What works for one should also work with the other?
Here's another one- what makes you feel entitled to know what passed between Xi and Biden? Seems to me that expecting the President of the United States to explain to you everything that happens diplomatically is just asking to be lied to, or just handcuffing the State Department and the entire diplomatic corps.

Sure would be nice to quit trading with the communist red Chinese.

Was it a wise decision to become so dependent for manufactured goods from a country that has been an enemy of America my entire life?

Too bad our corporations put short term profits ahead of the security of our nation and quality jobs for American workers.
Actually, our government opened the door for our corporations and the corporations have been walking thru that door for quite awhile. PS, lobbiest money absolutely comes from other countries and buys influence within our country.

It took this country 30 years to work up a 1 trillion trade deficit per year. unfortunately, it will probably take this country 30 years to unwind that imbalance.

I believe sanctions against China would be much more than a trade war. Biden has the entire free world behind him.

Back an aggressive dictator and you are guilty too!
The post I was responding to compared tRump's tariffs on china to the current sanctions on russia.

you suck at poker.

Back
Top Bottom