• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden opens today's speech with another lie.

I missed the comments from John Bolton in that story. I see a reference to his book that was published a few months ago.

Was John Bolton in the room with Trump when he supposedly said it? Link?
Sometimes you just have to read between the lines.

“Why should I go to that cemetery?” Trump reportedly said. “It’s filled with losers.”

The president also allegedly issued more derogatory comments related to long-time rival McCain, telling White House staff in 2018 following the Arizona senator’s death “we’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,” three years after telling an auditorium audience on the campaign trail in 2015 that McCain was “not a war hero.”

Bolton’s book however, offered a different narrative of events falling in line with the official White House claims for the last-minute cancellation in France.”

Sometimes you just have read between the lines.
“Why should I go to that cemetery?” Trump reportedly said. “It’s filled with losers.”

The president also allegedly issued more derogatory comments related to long-time rival McCain, telling White House staff in 2018 following the Arizona senator’s death “we’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,” three years after telling an auditorium audience on the campaign trail in 2015 that McCain was “not a war hero.”

Bolton’s book however, offered a different narrative of events falling in line with the official White House claims for the last-minute cancellation in France.”

Was Bolton in the room with Trump when he supposedly said it?

Daniel P. Walsh, whose title was deputy chief of staff, was in charge of the administration’s foreign trips

Derek Lyons, former chief of staff to the president.

Both deny they heard language like that.
I guess there's about eight more people who also say the president never made those kind of remarks either according to Kayleigh McEnany who mentioned the names of two Trump staff members who were with him during his trip to France.

And Bolton also says he never heard it, although he admits that it might have been said when he wasnt around.

And then he said this, which is pretty damning in itself....

John Bolton said that while he didn’t hear President Trump disparage troops, the reported comments in The Atlantic weren’t out of character. “I haven’t heard anybody yet react to say, ‘That’s not the Donald Trump I know,’” he said.

Think about that for a bit.

Daniel P. Walsh, whose title was deputy chief of staff, was in charge of the administration’s foreign trips

Derek Lyons, former chief of staff to the president.

Both deny they heard language like that.
I guess there's about eight more people who also say the president never made those kind of remarks either according to Kayleigh McEnany who mentioned the names of two Trump staff members who were with him during his trip to France.

Doesn’t mean it was debunked. Others apparently say different. But tell me, would you be surprised if it turns out Trump said it? That most of America wouldn’t be, given Trump’s previous demeaning of service members who sacrificed for their country, his pardoning of war criminals, etc., says a lot.

You tell me. Was Biden in the room when Trump supposedly said it or not? If not, his book is not relevant.

Mark Esper was in the room. He did not deny Trump said it.
So neither of us know who was in the room when he allegedly said it but one of us is willing to believe anonymous sources are telling the truth. And yet one of his haters says:

“I didn’t hear him say those things,” Bolton told Bloomberg, though he added, “it’s certainly possible.”

Now he doesn’t say he was in the room but he was present during the trip. Nevertheless he does backup the WH narrative of why he didn’t go to cemetery, thus putting a lie to the claim that he didn’t want to go to a place where losers and suckers lie.

So neither of us know who was in the room when he allegedly said it but one of us is willing to believe anonymous sources are telling the truth. And yet one of his haters says:

“I didn’t hear him say those things,” Bolton told Bloomberg, though he added, “it’s certainly possible.”

Now he doesn’t say he was in the room but he was present during the trip. Nevertheless he does backup the WH narrative of why he didn’t go to cemetery, thus putting a lie to the claim that he didn’t want to go to a place where losers and suckers lie.

So you agree that you don't know if Bolton was in the room, and Bolton has not come out and said "I was there and he never said it". Good.

Bolton was on the trip. He probably didn't hear Trump brushing his teeth while on the trip. I guess that means Trump didn't brush his teeth in France.

So you agree that you don't know if Bolton was in the room, and Bolton has not come out and said "I was there and he never said it". Good.

Bolton was on the trip. He probably didn't hear Trump brushing his teeth while on the trip. I guess that means Trump didn't brush his teeth in France.
Ok, and you believe anonymous sources. So we are at a standoff.

I'm pretty sure by now that trump thinks that anyone who isn't him is a loser and a sucker.

Hilarious that the DNC political propaganda 'news' media publish yet another 'Anonymous' political hit job story, and all those who wish to believe it to be true, confirming their confirmation bias, running around with their hair on fire and fauxraged, only to be disappointed yet again, and again, and again when the other 1/2 of the story comes out.

As many times as this has been repeated, you'd think they'd have learned by now, but no. :lamo
Must be some sort of character deficit all those people share, to be played like puppets again, and again, and again.

So what it all boils down to is this: The Atlantic is full of ****.
Probably in the same class as the National Enquirer but look how many people buy that rag and believe the stories they write.

Hilarious that the DNC political propaganda 'news' media publish yet another 'Anonymous' political hit job story, and all those who wish to believe it to be true, confirming their confirmation bias, running around with their hair on fire and fauxraged, only to be disappointed yet again, and again, and again when the other 1/2 of the story comes out.

As many times as this has been repeated, you'd think they'd have learned by now, but no. :lamo
Must be some sort of character deficit all those people share, to be played like puppets again, and again, and again.
You can’t blame them for trying. If they had a stronger candidate and one without a record perhaps they would use a better tactic.

I hate anonymous sources no matter what the topic. Just like I dislike it when a President talks about "thugs" on a plane and shadow people controlling Biden without giving a source.

I hate anonymous sources no matter what the topic. Just like I dislike it when a President talks about "thugs" on a plane and shadow people controlling Biden without giving a source.
Did he claim an anonymous source told him Biden was being controlled?

Did he claim an anonymous source told him Biden was being controlled?

He did not identify a source. He did not identify "they" nor the flight with the "thugs"

Are you saying his shadow people story?

He did not identify a source. He did not identify "they" nor the flight with the "thugs"

Are you saying his shadow people story?
I’m sorry mike. I don’t quite understand your question.

Biden Megadonor Owns The Atlantic, Reportedly Communicates Often With Journalist Behind Anonymously-Sourced Trump Bombshell

• Billionaire philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs, the majority owner of The Atlantic, has donated over $1.2 million to former Vice President Joe Biden and other Democratic candidates and groups since 2019, Federal Election Commission records show.
  • Powell Jobs owns a 70% stake in The Atlantic, and she reportedly communicates often with its editor-in-chief, Jeffrey Goldberg.
  • Goldberg published an anonymously-sourced story Thursday alleging that President Donald Trump had denigrated fallen American soldiers.

Gee, this sounds so much like the Steel 'dossier'. And the same people fell for that as did this. :lamo

So transparent of the Democrats. So transparent.

When are they going to realize they are being played like puppets on strings by the Democrats.

You can’t blame them for trying. If they had a stronger candidate and one without a record perhaps they would use a better tactic.

This 'news' (political propaganda) cycle has been repeating itself since the 2016 campaign, and has only gotten more transparent, more obvious, and more emboldened, and at an ever increasing fevered pitch, resulting in the continued degradation of the electorate's trust in established American institutions: 'news' media and other media, federal and local government, politics, congress, the Democrat party. Yet, it's those same people, 'news' media and other media and the Democrat party which, falsely, claims they hold those very same American institutions so dear yet continue to degradation of the electorate's trust in those institutions.

Clearly, yet another case from them of 'themselves guilty of what they accuse others of doing'.

This 'news' (political propaganda) cycle has been repeating itself since the 2016 campaign, and has only gotten more transparent, more obvious, and more emboldened, and at an ever increasing fevered pitch, resulting in the continued degradation of the electorate's trust in established American institutions: 'news' media and other media, federal and local government, politics, congress, the Democrat party. Yet, it's those same people, 'news' media and other media and the Democrat party which, falsely, claims they hold those very same American institutions so dear yet continue to degradation of the electorate's trust in those institutions.

Clearly, yet another case from them of 'themselves guilty of what they accuse others of doing'.
I share your cynicism. I vowed in 2012 never to vote again. But then Hillary decided to run 2016.

You forgot to add Republican party or you should have said all political parties. I have listen to Rush and Hannity and a few years ago Savage. Fox leans to the right. Other stations lean to the left.

There is no real objective reporting anymore. The news is a few facts thrown in with editorial comment. Check and verify what is being reported.

Lying Joe Biden said Trump called WWI soldiers losers and suckers. It was quickly denied by Trump and his administration and confirmed to be untrue by people who where in the room when this supposedly was said. Among those were both John Kelly and John Bolton. Bolton did include that claim in his book, and Kelly confirmed in an email Trump didn't attend a service at the time because of WX and inability of the chopper to fly, driving a couple of hours was not logistically doable, according to Kelly. The Press article claimed Trump didn't go because of his hair getting wet, another lie in the same press article, another lie. The next day he attended in the rain. At least two of the people in the room are quoted as Trump never said this.
So Lying Joe Biden continues to lie. Obviously he uses unsubstantiated news articles. The editor of the source said he felt it was worth printing. No confirmation an anonymous source.

Dems does not have any argument, only hates and lies

Back
Top Bottom