• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden: "MAGA crowd" is "most extreme" political group in U.S. history

Everything I just said is fact you can't refute any of it

Sure I can. I hereby refute it. You've provided no basis for anything you wrote. It's 100% runny dogshit.

Sure I can. I hereby refute it. You've provided no basis for anything you wrote. It's 100% runny dogshit.
I described exactly what you're doing in detail deny it all you want you're just embarrassing yourself.

I described exactly what you're doing in detail deny it all you want you're just embarrassing yourself.

Nope, you just spewed a litany of lies that you can't substantiate by quoting anything I actually said, as anyone with slightly above average intelligence can clearly see.

We get it, you are only capable of binary thinking. Don't feel too bad. That's true of most people.

while a decent fellow, biden is certainly no historian

prior to the civil war we had a population of slave states which fought for slavery despite that only 3.22% of the slave state population owned slaves

how ****ed up does a society have to be to send their sons to fight a war against other Americans over an issue only 3.22% of a population enjoyed ?

MAGAts are a current scourge on our nation. as bad as they are, they are not worse than those who fought to defend slavery

biden flunked this history assignment ... which should come as no surprise to any of us

The US isn't a democracy because democracies are abusive to the rights of anyone but the majority. We are a constitutional republic with democratic elections. The SCOTUS isn't to decide ruling based on popular options but on legal facts/precedent.
Democracies can have constitutions and rights protected from majorities. No right is protected from a super-majority. As a practical matter, public opinion does play into the Supreme Court's rulings. The constitution didn't change as they ruled on thins like recognizing gay marriage equality or inter-racial marriage equality, but public opinion did.

President Biden on Wednesday said the "MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that's existed in American history," while speculating on how conservative state legislatures could respond to a potential Supreme Court ruling that would drastically curtail abortion access.

Why it matters: Biden, answering questions from reporters on a recent Politico leak of draft opinion indicating the Supreme Court has voted to overturn Roe v. Wade, suggested the draft goes against Supreme Court precedent that established a right to privacy.

What he said: "This is about a lot more than abortion," Biden said before asking what "the next things that are going to be attacked" might be.

• "What happens if you have states change the law saying that children who are LGBTQ can't be in classrooms with other children. Is that legit under the way the decision is written?"
snip
Coming from a moron that initially did not support Roe v Wade.
What a hypocrite to ignore BLM, Antifa and the other left wing militants.

MAGA is an organization? LOL
Is it similar to "BBB" organization?

Democracies can have constitutions and rights protected from majorities. No right is protected from a super-majority. As a practical matter, public opinion does play into the Supreme Court's rulings. The constitution didn't change as they ruled on thins like recognizing gay marriage equality or inter-racial marriage equality, but public opinion did.
We have democratic elections but we are not a democracy. This is a high school civics level fact.

While often categorized as a democracy, the United States is more accurately defined as a constitutional federal republic. What does this mean? “Constitutional” refers to the fact that government in the United States is based on a Constitution which is the supreme law of the United States.

Even the very conservative Heritage Foundation admits this fact.

America is a republic and not a pure democracy. The contemporary efforts to weaken our republican customs and institutions in the name of greater equality thus run against the efforts by America’s Founders to defend our country from the potential excesses of democratic majorities. American republicanism and the ordered liberty it makes possible are grounded in the Federalists’ recognition that non-majoritarian parts of the community make legitimate contributions to the community’s welfare, and that preserving these contributions is the hallmark of political justice. But, the careful balance produced by our mixed republic is threatened by an egalitarianism that undermines the social, familial, religious, and economic distinctions and inequalities that undergird our political liberty. Preserving the republican freedoms we cherish requires tempering egalitarian zeal and moderating the hope for a perfectly just democracy.

President Biden on Wednesday said the "MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that's existed in American history," while speculating on how conservative state legislatures could respond to a potential Supreme Court ruling that would drastically curtail abortion access.

Why it matters: Biden, answering questions from reporters on a recent Politico leak of draft opinion indicating the Supreme Court has voted to overturn Roe v. Wade, suggested the draft goes against Supreme Court precedent that established a right to privacy.

What he said: "This is about a lot more than abortion," Biden said before asking what "the next things that are going to be attacked" might be.

• "What happens if you have states change the law saying that children who are LGBTQ can't be in classrooms with other children. Is that legit under the way the decision is written?"
snip
I know Biden is playing to the far left and to the democrat voter, but doesn't he realize how darn stupid he sounds? His pledge to unite the nation and represent all Americans sounds more ridiculous now than it did during the 2020 campaign.

We have democratic elections but we are not a democracy. This is a high school civics level fact.

Even the very conservative Heritage Foundation admits this fact.

I think we used to teach that in schools in America. Just another reason why we need to make sure we keep teaching accurate history, civics, government classes to our kids in our schools.

Nope, you just spewed a litany of lies that you can't substantiate by quoting anything I actually said, as anyone with slightly above average intelligence can clearly see.

We get it, you are only capable of binary thinking. Don't feel too bad. That's true of most people.
LOL did G*d, aka, your invisible friend command you to say that?

Wow, that's abrasive which I didn't expect from you. Isn't "democratic elections" redundant? We are a democracy. Democracies include the nearly irrelevant "pure democracy" and almost all the actual democracies which are republics. That's a high school civics level fact.

Wow, that's abrasive which I didn't expect from you. Isn't "democratic elections" redundant? We are a democracy. Democracies include the nearly irrelevant "pure democracy" and almost all the actual democracies which are republics. That's a high school civics level fact.
Not all democracies are republics. That constitution is there is prevent and prohibits tyranny of the majority that is very common, to even being endemic in a democracy. Our rights are not determined by popular vote, either by elected representatives or the population, as well as having checks and balances on government power that are also not common in a democracy.

It might be pedantic but I have a minor in poli-sci and this is a very important fact that is often ignored or misunderstood.

Not all democracies are republics.

But all republics are democracies.

That constitution is there is prevent and prohibits tyranny of the majority that is very common, to even being endemic in a democracy.

You realize you're speaking theoretically - there are essentially no real pure democracies to discuss other than when 5,000 Greek men would get together - and that 'tyranny of the majority' can happen or not happen in any type of democracy. It doesn't matter whether a majority of citizens or a majority of representatives does it, or is blocked.

Our rights are not determined by popular vote, either by elected representatives or the population, as well as having checks and balances on government power that are also not common in a democracy.

Except they are - just not by simple majorities, but super-majorities instead. There is nothing stopping a 'pure democracy' from having a constitution with the same rights - but I repeat, it's an academic point since there aren't any.

It might be pedantic but I have a minor in poli-sci and this is a very important fact that is often ignored or misunderstood.

I'm not sure why the topic of constitutional rights in pure democracies is very important, given they don't exist beyond PTA meetings, which probably have constitutions.

CNN covers ‘targeting information’ to Ukraine.
FOX, AMVO, and Newsmax have screaming lies for headlines.
Is it any wonder their viewers are the way the are?

prior to the civil war we had a population of slave states which fought for slavery despite that only 3.22% of the slave state population owned slaves

how ****ed up does a society have to be to send their sons to fight a war against other Americans over an issue only 3.22% of a population enjoyed ?

MAGAts are a current scourge on our nation. as bad as they are, they are not worse than those who fought to defend slavery

biden flunked this history assignment ... which should come as no surprise to any of us
If you read the entire quote, you'd realize he qualified his comment in the same breath/sentence.

"This MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that’s existed in American history, in recent American history."

And in that context, he's absolutely right.

More than 3.22% of the population benefitted from slavery.

Back
Top Bottom