• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden lowers car prices

99percenter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Biden did not lower the prices, and the prices will not stay lower forever.

Biden did build the inflation though.

Biden’s on the ball, and he cares.

1709489379173.png

congratulations to the Biden administration

If he can increase the prices he can decrease the prices
Yes, Biden could put us in a recession. That would lower actual prices. Let's hope he doesn't do that.

Biden did not lower the prices, and the prices will not stay lower forever.
both true. Market forces caused prices to come down - NOT Biden, and prices will eventually creep back up.
Biden did build the inflation though.
Biden built part of the inflation. There would have been inflation no matter who was president, but Biden's moronic $1.2 Trillion money-dump into the economy certainly exacerbated the inflation.

And worse, American taxpayers are now saddled with paying the interest on that $1.2 Trillion that Biden borrowed to be redistributed. 😠

What a colossal failure Biden has been. No wonder most Independents will be voting against him in November.

both true. Market forces caused prices to come down - NOT Biden, and prices will eventually creep back up.

Biden built part of the inflation. There would have been inflation no matter who was president, but Biden's moronic $1.2 Trillion money-dump into the economy certainly exacerbated the inflation.

And worse, American taxpayers are now saddled with paying the interest on that $1.2 Trillion that Biden borrowed to be redistributed. 😠

What a colossal failure Biden has been. No wonder most Independents will be voting against him in November.

Basic right-wing drivel.

Not sure if Biden is solely responsible for car prices going down, but I do know ONE thing: The title of this OP is causing Righties to have a complete meltdown.

Home prices came down in January, gas is finally below $4, and salmon is on sale for $6.99. Thank you Joe!

Yes, Biden could put us in a recession. That would lower actual prices. Let's hope he doesn't do that.
What do you want biden to do? You seem to be saying two things. Prices are too high but recession would be worse. What's your solution?

I agree that the market is largely responsible, and will be if prices go back up.

Inflation is creeping back down. I don't really attribute that to Biden, or any president for that matter. All presidents can do is mitigate effects of inflation, not its cause or course. And I appl that to Trump. Having said that, if I were to take your premise that Biden's actions increased inflation at one point, then logic dictates that Trump is responsible for the beginning of it and its increase until Biden took office.

You complain about the interest, yet you say nothing about the spending that Trump authorized that the American taxpayers...everyone outside of the top 1 to 10 percent that is...have to pay and have to pay more due to the tax breaks given in tandem to increased spending.

Perhaps independents will vote against Biden en masse, or perhaps not. We shall see. I would not count your chickens before that hatch. If I were still an independent conservative back in the day, I would not vote for Trump given his fiscal track record, amount of lawsuits, lack of any real leadership or political experience and being rich white trash and behaving as such. That would have been in 2016. Now, his tenure in office and his current legal difficulties have done nothing more than justify why I wouldn't have voted for him in the first place.

Biden isn't perfect and he isn't my first choice...but Trump will never be an option for me. He's too much of a proven failure.

I agree that the market is largely responsible, and will be if prices go back up.

Inflation is creeping back down. I don't really attribute that to Biden, or any president for that matter. All presidents can do is mitigate effects of inflation, not its cause or course. And I appl that to Trump. Having said that, if I were to take your premise that Biden's actions increased inflation at one point, then logic dictates that Trump is responsible for the beginning of it and its increase until Biden took office.
Any time large sums of money are dumped into an economy, inflation happens. ALWAYS - - there are no exceptions to this rule. This is fundamental economic theory - an increase in the money supply will ALWAYS yield an increase in the price of goods and services. It is proportional - i.e., they more money dumped, the higher the inflation will be.

A competent president would know that, and not make such a stupid mistake. Biden has demonstrated a profound level of incompetence, and we should expect voters to vote accordingly.
. . . You complain about the interest, yet you say nothing about the spending that Trump authorized that the American taxpayers...everyone outside of the top 1 to 10 percent that is...have to pay and have to pay more due to the tax breaks given in tandem to increased spending.
The reason I didn't mention Trump is because this thread is about the marvelous economic policies of Joe Biden. The truth is, there aren't any. Biden makes a mess of nearly everything he touches.

"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f--- things up." - Barack Obama
Perhaps independents will vote against Biden en masse, or perhaps not. We shall see.
Many independents who voted for Joe Biden in 2020 say that they will vote against him in November.
. . . Biden isn't perfect and he isn't my first choice...but Trump will never be an option for me. He's too much of a proven failure.
You are free to vote for whomever you want. 🙂 (except in the states where they remove certain candidates from their ballots)

Why is it so difficult for so many posters on both sides of the aisle to differentiate accurately between economic developments that are within a President's control and those that are not?
It's getting pretty ****in' tiresome having different variations of this same conversation with no one apparently learning a god damn thing.

Back
Top Bottom