• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden is not serious about getting the debt under control

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
One of the lw fairy tales is that the"yes the Dems want more spending,but they are going to pay for it by taxing the rich"
wronggggggggggggggggggg

"
Yesterday I noted some analysis of the president’s budget from the center-left Tax Policy Center. Now we have some from the right-leaning Tax Foundation.

By these estimates, if enacted, the budget — which includes the Biden family and infrastructure plans — would hike spending by $4 trillion over ten years while raising $1.3 trillion in revenue. These numbers shift to $5 trillion and $3 trillion if you count tax credits as spending and toss in a promised $700 billion from better tax enforcement. (The tax credits include Biden’s big payments to parents regardless of whether they work, and the report treats such “spending through the tax code” as a revenue-reducer rather than spending per se.)

America has a population of roughly 330 million, so every trillion dollars represents about $3,000 per person.

The Tax Foundation also estimates the broader economic effects of the tax and spending changes: about 165,000 fewer jobs and 1 percent lower GDP in the long run, for example."

Please don't bother responding that the GOP isn't serious about it either . I've already said that umpteen times.

It is expected now, which makes it all the more sad.

The economics of taxation and spending has been almost entirely muted, political goals are now the reasoning behind adding to debt no matter what the condition of the economy.

Too bad the military is such a sacred cow. Managing spending better in that category would be a needle-mover as far as getting the deficit under control.

There are no Democrats, and nearly no Republicans, who are serious about the debt. Ultimately, the speaks more about voters' attitudes than anything else. We get the foolish spending we vote for.

One of the lw fairy tales is that the"yes the Dems want more spending,but they are going to pay for it by taxing the rich"
wronggggggggggggggggggg

"
Yesterday I noted some analysis of the president’s budget from the center-left Tax Policy Center. Now we have some from the right-leaning Tax Foundation.

By these estimates, if enacted, the budget — which includes the Biden family and infrastructure plans — would hike spending by $4 trillion over ten years while raising $1.3 trillion in revenue. These numbers shift to $5 trillion and $3 trillion if you count tax credits as spending and toss in a promised $700 billion from better tax enforcement. (The tax credits include Biden’s big payments to parents regardless of whether they work, and the report treats such “spending through the tax code” as a revenue-reducer rather than spending per se.)

America has a population of roughly 330 million, so every trillion dollars represents about $3,000 per person.

The Tax Foundation also estimates the broader economic effects of the tax and spending changes: about 165,000 fewer jobs and 1 percent lower GDP in the long run, for example."

Please don't bother responding that the GOP isn't serious about it either . I've already said that umpteen times.
lol...suddenly the Right is worried about debt. Newsflash, that fat man you elected jacked up the deficit immediately after the black man you hated slashed it.

lol...suddenly the Right is worried about debt. Newsflash, that fat man you elected jacked up the deficit immediately after the black man you hated slashed it.

"Please don't bother responding that the GOP isn't serious about it either . I've already said that umpteen times."

So predictable.

wronggggggggggggggggggg

And you care about this . . . . why?

Yeah, the GOP showed us how it's done. Cut taxes, increase spending, run up the deficit and debt, applaud themselves over the good economy, then find 'religion' as soon as the Democrat is elected, and scream about how the debt is going to kill us all!! And then force tax increases and spending cuts, that slows the economy, blame that on the Democrats, on to the midterms!!

I just cannot care any more, and I sure as hell LOL at the faux concern from the right wing.

"Please don't bother responding that the GOP isn't serious about it either . I've already said that umpteen times."

So predictable.
As if your op isn't Right Wing hackery. But, hey, pretending is fun. I'm a 6 foot tall blonde with big breasts.

wronggggggggggggggggggg

"

Stop.....false equivalency as usual. The GOP Army of Putin does not want to pay for anything. The Corp tax cut was too steep, The last 5% of it cost us $600B that we got NOTHING for. Money down a rathole. So just stop your nonsense.

wronggggggggggggggggggg

"

And Trump was?(LOL)

Too bad the military is such a sacred cow. Managing spending better in that category would be a needle-mover as far as getting the deficit under control.

I lived a couple of years near Fort Bragg, what I witnessed is an interesting secret on military spending.

First I'm all for spending on the defense budget. "Defense" is the key word.

What I witnessed:

Americans are funding possibly billions of dollars for ex- military's pensions (that's fine). But the same pension receivers are benefitted by private defense contractor jobs paid for by Americans.

The over spending on private defense contracting must be looked at and audited

As if your op isn't Right Wing hackery. But, hey, pretending is fun. I'm a 6 foot tall blonde with big breasts.
tenor.gif

True, but 70% of Gov spending is now entitlements

Guys like you were NEVER worried about the debt regardless of who is prez(wink)

Military budget is about 700bn. Debt is 30 trillion and going up about 1.5T a year. Managing spending in that category wouldnt make a dent. If you cut it in half, you might just cover the interest on the debt.

Now the 3 trillion in social spending...

Furthermore, its not a sacred cow. We CUT military spending in 2011 to 2014. It didnt really help, because mandatory spending kept going up.

True, but 70% of Gov spending is now entitlements
And the other half of the equation is collection entitlements such as:

Slashing the corporate tax rate

Oil industry handouts

Large corporations paying practically no taxes

Men like Trump having huge advantage of tax loopholes vs the average hard working Americans

Red States taking, instead of giving

Corporate wellfare

Yeah, the GOP showed us how it's done.
"
So predictable:
Klattu:"Please don't bother responding that the GOP isn't serious about it either . I've already said that umpteen times.

And Trump was?(LOL)
so predictanle.

And the other half of the equation is collection entitlements such as:

Oil industry handouts

Men like Trump having huge advantage of tax loopholes vs the average hard working Americans

Red States taking, instead of giving

Corporate wellfare
(LOL)

Psst..... Debt was going up by leaps and bounds way.... before that happened

Also, why are you against the corporate tax more in line with Europe?

That's Nothing, 44% of Americans pay NO..... Fed income tax(wink)

I mean this in a non-partisan way, both parties are front laying track for the bullet train that is our economy.

We came to the edge of the fiscal cliff, and we just started building a bridge and track just in front of the train, now we are stuck with it. If we stop laying the track, the train goes off the edge. The trouble is, when we started lay the track, we couldn't see the other side of the ravine, we just assumed it was there and we would soon be to the other side, back on solid fiscal ground.

However, we still can't see the other side, at this point politicians in both parties just want us to take it on faith that there is land ahead, if we just keep spending we can reach it.

Back
Top Bottom