• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden asks if deceased congresswoman is present at White House food insecurity conference

Actually this is within normal limits given the situation he was in.

LOL! Like I said - abso-frigging-lutely amazing.

1. Walorski died in a well publicized car crash not 2 months earlier.
2. He phoned his condolences to the family.
3. The event he was speaking at was sponsored by only 4 people, of which she was one.
4. Think about number 3 a little bit more. He was there to honor ONLY 4 people, one of whom he knew full-well had died.
5. I'm willing to bet that nobody else at the event was even remotely unaware of her death.
6. During the remainder of his remarks there was exactly zero recognition of the blunder he had just made. There was no 'oh-shit-what-did-I-just-say' moment. Not so much as a flicker.
7. He didn't 'temporarily' forget she was dead - that memory was UTTERLY GONE.

I explained the situation to my son-in-law who works in the mental health field (and who is a flaming liberal, so his bias would actually be in favor of Biden), and showed him the video. He said it certainly looked to him as though Biden's mental state should concern people.

3. The event he was speaking at was sponsored by only 4 people, of which she was one.
4. Think about number 3 a little bit more. He was there to honor ONLY 4 people, one of whom he knew full-well had died.
5. I'm willing to bet that nobody else at the event was even remotely unaware of her death.
6. During the remainder of his remarks there was exactly zero recognition of the blunder he had just made. There was no 'oh-shit-what-did-I-just-say' moment. Not so much as a flicker.

I explained the situation to my son-in-law who works in the mental health field (and who is a flaming liberal, so his bias would actually be in favor of Biden), and showed him the video. He said it certainly looked to him as though Biden's mental state should concern people.

PFFFFFFFT.

Our President Biden is doing well IMO. He has my continued support.

America's top intelligence agencies concluded that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to benefit Trump. That's why Obama sanctioned Russia.

To call that a "lie" is not indicative of a competently functioning mind.
Oh, please. Peddle that garbage to the low information types. I guess they wanted Trump because he would put tougher sanctions on them? LOL!

Can you imagine being there, well aware of her death, and watching Biden ask where she was?

Do you think the people there were having an "oh my God" feeling, or did they just shrug it off as "perfectly understandable" as the leftists her are trying to do? The answer is obvious.

N

Again.. I am a medical professional that evaluates people with dementia and other neurological disorders. There is nothing concerning or even really abnormal about this incident given the context of his situation. . He forgot that she was in a car crash 2 months ago. You think that he might, as president of the US and keeping a schedule more reminiscent of traditional presidents (trump was often a non entity when it came to daily work) actually have a lot more important things to remember and going on. It was a gaff.. thats it.
The fate of america does not rest on whether he remembers a congresswomen killed in a car wreck.

Oh, please. Peddle that garbage to the low information types. I guess they wanted Trump because he would put tougher sanctions on them? LOL!
Trump didn't want to do that. Congress forced him.

N

Again.. I am a medical professional that evaluates people with dementia and other neurological disorders. There is nothing concerning or even really abnormal about this incident given the context of his situation. . He forgot that she was in a car crash 2 months ago. You think that he might, as president of the US and keeping a schedule more reminiscent of traditional presidents (trump was often a non entity when it came to daily work) actually have a lot more important things to remember and going on. It was a gaff.. thats it.
The fate of america does not rest on whether he remembers a congresswomen killed in a car wreck.

Do you at least agree with my claim that the memory of her death was "utterly gone"?

Do you at least agree with my claim that the memory of her death was "utterly gone"?
Without an evaluation of him at the time.. I could not say that the memory was "totally gone".
There is a medical difference between being unable to recall a memory at certain times.. and forever being unable to retrieve that memory. I.e. totally gone.

N

You would think with Biden taking more time away from the White House than any modern president, he would be more well rested and collected and better briefed on the events he was attending...

You would think with Biden taking more time away from the White House than any modern president, he would be more well rested and collected and better briefed on the events he was attending...
Biden is an absolute stable genius compared to the last guy.

So rejoice!!

Biden is an absolute stable genius compared to the last guy.

So rejoice!!
Yeah, but it was Trump. We didn't need another draft dodging racist born in the 1940s... there were other options. Celebrating Biden being the same as Trump on many levels is just... awful.

Actually, I did some research on Bidens work schedule and he actually works as much or more than most presidents in recent history (kicks the crap out of Trump when it comes to work ethic). ..

Actually, I did some research on Bidens work schedule and he actually works as much or more than most presidents in recent history (kicks the crap out of Trump when it comes to work ethic). ..
I mean, if one counts "executive time" at vacation properties as work, then I suppose that math tracks... otherwise...

Celebrating Biden being the same as Trump on many levels is just... awful.
Well, they're both old white guys, but I don't see many other "levels" on which they're the same.

One's a sociopathic, amoral conman. The other one is just kinda normal.

I mean, if one counts "executive time" at vacation properties as work, then I suppose that math tracks... otherwise...

Well.. actually it does. Biden posts his schedule and what he does far far far more than what trump did even when away from the whitehouse. . In fact.. trump basically often hid in the white house leaving his staff to say what he was doing was work that "was not advertised".
Biden has a lot more daily briefings and meetings, meets with experts, travels to areas to meet with the people etc.

Not unusual? That's a joke, right?
Not at all. Just went to a 50th high school reunion and it happened several times. When you get old most of the people you have known are dead and you are never notified.

LOL! Oh, jeez, you've got an excuse for everything.
That wasn't an excuse. That was a statement of historical fact to which you seem completely ignorant.

Not at all. Just went to a 50th high school reunion and it happened several times. When you get old most of the people you have known are dead and you are never notified.

Have you even read this thread? It sure doesn't look like it.

Not only was Biden 'notified', but he personally called the family to express his condolences. You're talking about apples and Volkswagens.

Not only was Biden 'notified', but he personally called the family to express his condolences. You're talking about apples and Volkswagens.
And how many hundreds are there? He is doing amazingly well for a 79 year old. He has to process many times more data than do most people. This nit picking is ridiculous.

Not really. Not when you understand the context. I am quite sure this sounds astounding to you because you probably are not in a position to send condolences etc.. to people you hardly know.. or don;t even know. But the president of the united states is in a position where he is expected to give condolences, act like he knows people personally and well.. when he really doesn;t know them from adam or eve. The number of people a politician meets.. and then has to act like he/she knows them well and personally is astounding. The President even more so. Thats why politicians have aides etc.. whispering in their ear telling them who is walking up to them, what they do,,,and why you need their support.. and probably a personal tid bit or to to make the greeting personal.

A healthy brain prioritizes what it needs to file away and what it doesn't. As I said.. the fate of the country doesn't hinge on Biden remember a congresswoman unexpectedly killed in a car accident.

And how many hundreds are there? He is doing amazingly well for a 79 year old. He has to process many times more data than do most people. This nit picking is ridiculous.

You should get some help with those goalposts. They look heavy.

How many of those hundreds died in a well-publicized car accident and whose family he phoned to express his condolences? How many of those hundreds were the focus of the event he attended (What's that? Four you say?)

This thread has been extremely instructive in terms of how far into the realm of utter absurdity people will go to remain 'on side' (and yes, I've seen equally ridiculous defenses of Trump).

Back
Top Bottom