• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Best Concert Ever Seen!

Billo_Really said:
Trouble is, you need an ounce of weed just to have enough smoke that can make the ascent up the chamber to your lungs.

No, The bowl held an eighth. It took two hits just to fill the chamber. Like I said, we were in high school.

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002:
No, The bowl held an eighth. It took two hits just to fill the chamber. Like I said, we were in high school.
And the first hit goes hungry.

I tried to think up everyone I've seen but I'm positive this isn't the full list............but my fav is in the list which is all that matters lol

Kenny Rogers
Madonna
KISS
Jimmy Buffet
Faith Hill
Backstreet Boys
Dave Mathews Band
B-52's (x3)
Snoop Dogg
Alanis Morissette (x2)
98 Degrees
Barry Manilow (x2)
Eagles
Ozzy Osbourne
Bruce Springsteen
Dixie Chicks
Red Hot Chili Peppers (x2)
Black Sabbath
Aerosmith
Toby Keith
Paul McCartney (x2)
AFI
Evanescence
Cranberries
Marilyn Manson (x2)
Avril Lavigne
Billy Joel/Elton John
Billy Joel
Shania Twain
Barenaked Ladies
American Idol Live Tours (including tickets for this year!)

The winner, hands down with no reservations, would be the Billy Joel/Elton John combo concert............it was almost 5 hours of kick-butt music! I really love concerts in general but that one was by far the most exciting evening I've spent at a show!

Hands down the Grateful Dead, though a few dead shows have been some of the worst concerts I've ever seen.
Very close second, The Kinks.
Runner up, Danny Barnes ( incredible bajo player of Bad Liver's fame)

Originally posted by nineplus
The winner, hands down with no reservations, would be the Billy Joel/Elton John combo concert............it was almost 5 hours of kick-butt music! I really love concerts in general but that one was by far the most exciting evening I've spent at a show!
Did you see the "Boss" with the E Street Band?

Billo_Really said:
What'd I tell ya about throwing that Beatle concert in my face?

What Yes did you see? The Bill Bruford Yes or the Alan White Yes?

You expect me to remember that? LOL

I was probably on mushrooms at the time?! LOL It had to be early 70's. I still have the ticket stub, I'll see if I can find it.

Great concert, though. I loved Poco back in those days...and seeing Yes was a major kick-but concert.

taxedout said:
Hands down the Grateful Dead, though a few dead shows have been some of the worst concerts I've ever seen.
Very close second, The Kinks.
Runner up, Danny Barnes ( incredible bajo player of Bad Liver's fame)

Ahh...another Kinks fan! It's always been the Byrds, Beatles and Kinks for me.

I've seen the Kinks 3 times, Ray once in his Storyteller show, in which I was fortunate to speak breifly with Ray and get his autograph on a small version of the British flag. What a thrill! I was standing next to Rock & Roll Royalty! I've also seen Dave when he came to town about 3-4 years ago...another great show.

I have pretty much everything ever recorded by the Kinks...in case you're missing something? Even the Great Lost Kinks album.

Rays new cd is great, but almost a little too produced for me...almost too perfect...if you know what I mean?

God Save the Kinks!

Billo_Really said:
What's the best concert you have ever seen in your life?

I seen

Ozzy Osbourne
Sepultura
Testament
Dead Orchestra
nonpoint
Deftones
Drain STH
Ministry
Primus
White Zombie
Filter
Neurosis
Biohazard
Slipknot
Soul Asylum
PLACEBO
Danzing
MuDvAyNe
Korn
Staind
Everlast
Reel Big Fish
Fastball
myphix
cake
Kid Rock
Seven Mary Three
Stabbing Westard
Pantera

WHite Zombie concert was the best.It was also my first concert.

Last edited:
Originally posted by jamesrage:
WHite Zombie concert was the best.It was also my first concert.
I bet Korn musta bin good!

Billo_Really said:
Did you see the "Boss" with the E Street Band?

I was in milwauke for the opening concert of the born in the USA tour............it must have been june or july of '84

my dad took one of my brothers and I (no one else was interested) and managed to squeeze in a business trip around the concert so my brother and I had two or three days of goofing around in a strange city all by ourselves.............we were 15 and 16.............then the concert to top off the trip.

fond, fond memories lol I wasnt particularly into springsteen before the trip (my brother was) nor did I dislike him, but after the concert I followed him much more closely.............he was great

Originally posted by nineplus
I was in milwauke for the opening concert of the born in the USA tour............it must have been june or july of '84

my dad took one of my brothers and I (no one else was interested) and managed to squeeze in a business trip around the concert so my brother and I had two or three days of goofing around in a strange city all by ourselves.............we were 15 and 16.............then the concert to top off the trip.

fond, fond memories lol I wasnt particularly into springsteen before the trip (my brother was) nor did I dislike him, but after the concert I followed him much more closely.............he was great
He gets pretty intense. I've seen him 5 times and everytime I came out of the arena soaking wet! Listening to people just screaming their lungs out as they were leaving the show.

He once said he treats every concert like its his last. Which you don't believe until you see him. Then it's like..............F.UCK! He really does!

Best small show had to be F***Monster, Perfume, Signal Home, Eric Nedrow Noise, and the UC5, ungodly energy from the UC5. Best large show was We're All Broken, Minusthebear, Mewithoutyou (really good stage energy) and Thursday.

Hoot said:
Ahh...another Kinks fan! It's always been the Byrds, Beatles and Kinks for me.

I've seen the Kinks 3 times, Ray once in his Storyteller show, in which I was fortunate to speak breifly with Ray and get his autograph on a small version of the British flag. What a thrill! I was standing next to Rock & Roll Royalty! I've also seen Dave when he came to town about 3-4 years ago...another great show.

I have pretty much everything ever recorded by the Kinks...in case you're missing something? Even the Great Lost Kinks album.

Rays new cd is great, but almost a little too produced for me...almost too perfect...if you know what I mean?

God Save the Kinks!

Nobody rocks like the Kinks. There may be better technical musicians out there, but few better songwriters.
Ray's incredible lyrics are the product of a tortured mind, overflowing with genius and uncontrolled electical activity. His biting satire is carefully wrapped in a poetic fashion that few can equal. Too many examples to chose from, but here's one of my favorites.

Hes got a plastic wife who wears a plastic mac,
(yeah, hes plastic man)
And his children wanna be plastic like their dad,
(yeah, hes plastic man)
Hes got a phony smile that makes you think he understands,
But no one ever gets the truth from plastic man (plastic man)

Got to see the Kinks three times during the early to mid eighties. I've always been amazed at the ammount of energy the band had on stage. Ray is like a pogo stick crossed with an angry bumble bee trapped in a jar. Unbelievable.
I got down to the front at the Garden State art Center in NJ one time and Ray handed me his pick as he walked off the stage. It was glow in the dark.
Unfortunately I have misplaced it over the years, during on of my many moves. I'm hoping it will pop up again one day.

Will Ray and Dave ever play on stage together again ?
Man I hope so.

Billo_Really said:
I bet Korn musta bin good!

Korn was alright but there was no alcohol allowed.WHiteZombie kicked *** and I got to see around hundred secruity personal in yellow shirts get rushed by a shitload of people after Rob Zombie yelled lets send some people to the hospital.

BUCKEThead at the 10,000 lakes festival 2005.
G-love and special sauce was decent....as well.

But metallica ....and justice for all was way fun too. Target center in 1990.

Public enemy at 1st avenue was good too. not sure what year, maybe 91?

Ween at the state theatre, august 2006! Looking forward to this one!

Billo_Really said:
He once said he treats every concert like its his last. Which you don't believe until you see him. Then it's like..............F.UCK! He really does!

yes, he really does................almost to the point of looking like he might stroke out right there on the stage lol

The Buffalo Springfields
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Jethro Tull
The Beach Boys
The Kingston Trio
Chicago
Pavaratti
Janice Joplin
BB King and Eric Clapton
Peter, Paul, and Mary,
Elvis Pressly
Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Alman Brothers
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Marie Calas

and others that I can't remember right now.

Kelzie said:
Hey whoa. Let's not get hasty with your words here. Mr. Keith is a registered Democrat who wrote that song about Afghanistan, and is in fact, very annoyed that people think that he meant it about Iraq.

LOL.

I wrote this just before the US invaded Afghanistan:

Sung to the tune of "Let Me Be Your Mailman"

Let me be your mailman
Here in Afghanistan
Bringing little presents
To all the Taliban
You like to play with airplanes
Now thats not very nice
You've be (m)ucking with my country
Now its time to pay the price

Like the wild wild west and the pony express
I'm gonna bring you down
Your women will be wailin'
When I roll into town
Like a man obsessed I come fully dressed
To burn and slash and bash
I'm ready to go postal
And I'm gonna kick your a$$

Say Mister bin Laden
This one says its from your mom
But what it doesnt say is that
It holds an atom bomb
I'll be out of your country
Fore' the fallout falls on me
And I'll leave you the middle finger
From the Statue of Liberty

Like the wild wild west and the pony express
I'm gonna bring you down
Your women will be wailin'
But I wont wear a frown
Like a man obsessed I come fully dressed
To burn and slash and bash
I'm ready to go postal
And Allah wont save your a$$

I'm gonna......kick......your......a$$!!!!

That was based on a tune that made George Strait

Next time, I'll do one based on a tune that made Marvin Gay

Badaboom :)

Last edited:
Z.D. said:
The best concert I have ever been to was a tribute to Tom Jobim, the brazilian jazz artist. Gal Costa sang, it was amazing. I saw it at the Hollywood Bowl. I do not know why I am saying this, no one knows who he is.

Girl from Ipanema, one of the originators of the Bossa Nova sound.

Amazing show to have caught :2wave:

Originally posted by Shamol:
Devics or Red Hot Chili Peppers
Chili Peppers concert with Nirvana (as the opening act) was the last concert saw before retiring as a 60's psychedelic hippie!

dragonslayer said:
The Buffalo Springfields
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Jethro Tull
The Beach Boys
The Kingston Trio
Chicago
Pavaratti
Janice Joplin
BB King and Eric Clapton
Peter, Paul, and Mary,
Elvis Pressly
Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Alman Brothers
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Marie Calas

and others that I can't remember right now.
I looked in my scrap book.

I saw the London Symphany in London,
I saw Aida at the Met. it was so cool.
Burl Ives
MOnterrey Jazz festival 1959, before became pop too. Ella sang and it was marvelous.

I have to be loose with the definition of "concert" here to cover all the musical-type events. My all time best is really hard to pick. It would have to be either Queensryche during the Empire tour when they performed the entire Mindcrime album in order, with visuals.. or maybe Carmina Burana perfformed by the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Phila Orchestra. That one was amazing.

So many others..

I saw Dead Can Dance very recently when they temporarily reunited for a tour. They were awesome, the crowd was nuts, they played 3 encores.

Alice In Chains at Lollapalooza back when that festival was still new. I crowd surfed from one end of the pit to the other, then back and forth, all through the song "The Rooster". That was pretty cool, it was a benevolent pit that day. That Lollapalooza was a great one. Janes Addiction played for 2 and a half hours, which was what made me start liking them as a band.

Indigo Girls at some farm festival in New Jersey.. good positive music in the sun with my honey.

2 hour drum circle around a fire some place down in Oregon. It started out as a rave, which got shut down for noise reasons. So around 50 of us drummed until sunrise. Violins, flutes, random singers.. good stuff.

Dancing under the stars out in the desert to local DJs. Down in a canyon under the full moon, while fire spinners performed up on the hills against a backdrop of stars.

Mozart's Requiem performed by a local arts center, on the September 11 anniversary. A moving tribute.

Iron Maiden on the 7th Son.. tour. Classic theatrical guitar metal, complete with huge Eddie puppets, smoke, pyrotechnics, and Bruce Dickinson. We waited outside all night in the snow to get tickets for that one.

Dancing at a random club to some DJ, then my friend comes on to start his set and drops "Cowgirl" by Underworld. Everyone goes nuts, the dance floor fills with energy, and I lose myself for a while.

Lake Trout at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle. Small crowd, dive atmosphere, but amazing jazz improvisation fused with electronic beats and instruments. I think that whole show was improv because I have yet to find any of the songs I heard that night on any of their albums.

Needless to say I love all types of music. Bands I'd love to see but still haven't been to yet include:

Juno Reactor
Cake
Queens of the Stone Age
also ElvenKing (they rule!) but alas, they have broken up...

:mrgreen:

-----
NP: Talvin Singh - Eclipse

Originally Posted by dragonslayer
I looked in my scrap book.
Did you see Allman Brothers with, or without, Duane?

Almost forgot. Danny Barnes of Bad Livers fame.

Back
Top Bottom